The Hand of Midas is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Common.
| Kills a non-hero target for 190 gold and 2.5× experience. Cannot be used on Ancient creeps.
| Cast Range: 600
- The user does not get the default experience and gold bounty of the targeted unit.
- It only gains 2.5× times the target's default experience and a set 190 gold as reliable gold.
- Despite the visual effects, the gold and experience are granted instantly.
- Deals damage equal to the target's current health to kill it. This damage fully ignores any form of reduction or amplification.
- This means that it will trigger most on-damage events like (neutral or lane) creep aggro,
- Assuming it is always used when off cooldown, it increases the user's GPM by 114, meaning it will take an absolute minimum of 18 minutes to pay for itself, or 13.6 minutes for the recipe.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Hand of Midas as a situational item: Nature's Prophet.
- King Midas is a figure in Greek Mythology who turned everything he touched into gold.
- Recipe cost increased from 1400 to 1550.
- Hand of Midas now gives a constant 190 bonus gold on all targets.
- Some examples of what it previously it gave:
- Maximum of 208 gold if cast on the Hellcaller
- Minimum of 92 gold if cast on the Kobold Tunneler or Satyr Trickster
- 154 gold if cast on a ranged creep
- 164 gold if cast on a Polar Furbolg Ursa Warrior
- 174 gold if cast on a Centaur Khan
- Hand of Midas gold is now reliable.
- Hand of Midas manacost removed (25->0).
- Transmute now gives 2.5 XP when used on a unit
- Lowered transmute bounty on previously untransmutable creeps (lvl 6)
- Total cost reduced by 50 (Gloves of Haste cost reduced from 550 to 500)
- Hand of Midas can now target level 6 Neutrals (Satyr Hellcaller and Dark Troll Warlord)
- Reduced mana cost on Hand of Midas
- Total cost reduced by 60 (Gloves of Haste cost reduced from 610 to 550)
- Hand of Midas IAS from 35% to 30%
- Increased the recipe cost on Hand of Midas as well as the Attack Speed.
- Hand of Midas tweaked
- Tweaked hand of midas cost and gold received
- Hand of Midas cannot be dropped.
- Hand Of Midas cooldown changed from 123 to 105