The Hand of Midas is an item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Common.
| Kills a non-hero target for 190 gold and 2.5× experience. Cannot be used on Ancient creeps.
| Cast Range: 600
- The user does not get the default experience and gold bounty of the targeted unit.
- It only gains 2.5× times the target's default experience and a set 190 gold as reliable gold.
- Despite the visual effects, the gold and experience are granted instantly.
- Deals damage equal to the target's current health to kill it. This damage fully ignores any form of reduction or amplification.
- This means that it will trigger most on-damage events like (neutral or lane) creep aggro,
- Assuming it is always used when off cooldown, it increases the user's GPM by 114, meaning it will take an absolute minimum of 18 minutes to pay for itself.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Hand of Midas as a situational item: Nature's Prophet.
- King Midas is a figure in Greek Mythology who turned everything he touched into gold.
- Recipe cost increased from 1400 to 1550.
- Hand of Midas now gives a constant 190 bonus gold on all targets.
- Some examples of what it previously it gave:
- Maximum of 208 gold if cast on the Hellcaller
- Minimum of 92 gold if cast on the Kobold Tunneler or Satyr Trickster
- 154 gold if cast on a ranged creep
- 164 gold if cast on a Polar Furbolg Ursa Warrior
- 174 gold if cast on a Centaur Khan
- Hand of Midas gold is now reliable.
- Hand of Midas manacost removed (25->0).
- Transmute now gives 2.5 XP when used on a unit
- Lowered transmute bounty on previously untransmutable creeps (lvl 6)
- Total cost reduced by 50 (Gloves of Haste cost reduced from 550 to 500)
- Hand of Midas can now target level 6 Neutrals (Satyr Hellcaller and Dark Troll Warlord)
- Reduced mana cost on Hand of Midas
- Total cost reduced by 60 (Gloves of Haste cost reduced from 610 to 550)
- Hand of Midas IAS from 35% to 30%
- Increased the recipe cost on Hand of Midas as well as the Attack Speed.
- Hand of Midas tweaked
- Tweaked hand of midas cost and gold received
- Hand of Midas cannot be dropped.
- Hand Of Midas cooldown changed from 123 to 105