Hand of Midas
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hand of Midas|
|Preserved through unknown magical means, the Hand of Midas is a weapon of greed, sacrificing animals to line the owner's pockets.|
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Kills a non-hero target for 190 gold and 2.5x experience. Cannot be used on Ancient Creeps.|
|Cast Range: 600|
Gold Bonus: 190
Experience Bonus: 250%
- Upon cast, kills the target unit instantly and grants the caster 190 reliable gold and 250% of the target's experience bounty.
- The target's default bounties are not granted. This means that no hero nearby gains the default gold and experience from the death.
- Despite the visual effects, the gold and experience are granted instantly.
- Deals damage equal to the target's current health to kill it. This damage fully ignores any form of reduction or amplification.
- This means that it triggers most on-damage events like (neutral or lane) creep aggro.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Hand of Midas as a core item: Arc Warden.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Hand of Midas as a situational item: Nature's Prophet.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Assuming it is always used when off cooldown, it increases the user's GPM by 114, meaning it will take an absolute minimum of 18 minutes to pay for itself, or 13.6 minutes for the recipe.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- King Midas is a figure in Greek Mythology who turned everything he touched into gold.
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]