Hand of Midas
From Dota 2 Wiki
For the character from Dota 2 lore, see Midas.
| Hand of Midas|
|Preserved through unknown magical means, the Hand of Midas is a weapon of greed, sacrificing animals to line the owner's pockets.|
- Upon cast, kills the target unit instantly and grants the caster 200 reliable gold and 185% of the target's experience bounty.
- The target's default bounties are not granted. This means that no hero nearby gains the default gold and experience from the death.
- Despite the visual effects, the gold and experience are granted instantly.
- Deals damage equal to the target's current health to kill it. This damage fully ignores any form of reduction or amplification.
- This means that it triggers most on-damage events like (neutral or lane) creep aggro.
- Carry heroes who need to farm for late game items often buy an early Hand of Midas.
- Jungling heroes can farm a fast Hand of Midas without interruption.
- Some support heroes who are not very item dependent may choose to build Hand of Midas in order to accumulate gold for bigger late game items.
- The earlier Hand of Midas is purchased, the more cost effective it will be over the course of a match.
- Assuming it is always used when off cooldown, Hand of Midas increases the user's GPM by 120, meaning it will take an absolute minimum of 17.92 minutes to pay for itself, or 13.75 minutes for the recipe.
- Hand of Midas is an important item if you want to increase your level quickly and unlock talents, especially if you rely on your talents to counter enemy heroes in late game.
- To get the most out of the 1.85x experience bonus, use Transmute on:
- Midas is based on Midas, a figure from Greek mythology who turned all he touched to gold.