Glyph of Fortification
The Glyph of Fortification, or Glyph, is an ability usable by any player that causes all friendly buildings to become impervious to damage for a short duration. Glyph lasts for five seconds, and has a five-minute cooldown per team. A team's Glyph cooldown is refreshed 1 second after they lose a Tier 1 Tower.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
The Glyph of Fortification can be activated by any player with a button at the right of the minimap. Glyph grants spell immunity and a massive impenetrable armor bonus to all buildings belonging to that team, making them immune to any source of incoming damage. Despite being invulnerable, units can still perform the action of attacking or targeting buildings under the effects of the Glyph.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In earlier versions of DotA, Glyph did not grant spell immunity, and skills such as Pugna's Nether Blast could deal damage through it.
- In DotA, Glyph grants friendly buildings +9999 armor instead of causing them to become invulnerable.
Patch history[edit | edit source]
- Bots will now use Glyph if their base is under attack and there are no humans on their team.
- Added a cooldown sound for clicking the Glyph while it is on cooldown.
- Fixed spectator getting an error message when pressing glyph button.
- Added tooltip and button state to glyph button.
- Added button for Glyph to the right side of the HUD.
- Hooked up donkey loss and glyph use announcer messages and chat messages.
Version history[edit | edit source]
- Glyph of Fortification cooldown refresh is now granted 1 second after a Tier 1 tower dies rather than immediately.
- Fixed Glyph not affecting Effigy buildings.
- Glyph of Fortification cooldown is now refreshed whenever you lose a Tier 1 tower.
- Glyph duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Fortify Buildings glyph ability now prevents magic damage as well.
- Reduced Glyph cooldown from 6 minutes to 5 minutes.
- Glyph cooldown is now reset on initial creep spawn.
- Minor improvements to Glyph of Fortification.
- Gives Old TP Scroll style bonus armor to all allied buildings for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 6 Minutes.
See also[edit | edit source]