Gem of True Sight
From Dota 2 Wiki
| Gem of True Sight|
| Not one thrall creature of the depths,|
Nor spirit bound in drowning's keep,
Nor Maelrawn the Tentacular,
Shall rest till seas, gem comes to sleep.
- Gem of True Sight is partially shareable.
- The stock takes 10 minutes to replenish.
- This item drops when its wielder dies, unless it has Reincarnation.
- Gem of True Sight cannot be destroyed or sold.
- The True Sight is provided within the whole area, regardless of the carrier's actual vision. It is fully unobstructed.
- The True Sight is provided by an aura which affects enemies. Its debuff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Cannot detect units under the effect of Shadow Dance, Smoke of Deceit and Techies' mines under the effect of an Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Minefield Sign.
- Gem of True Sight is a risky investment, due to it dropping on death and potentially giving the enemy a free Gem. Therefore, this item should only be bought when having enough survivability and when other true sight items are not enough.
- Although often purchased by supports, Gem of True Sight is better carried by more resilient tanks and initiators, who are less likely to die and lose it.
- In the early game, when heroes are more stationary farming the lanes, Sentries are a far more efficient way to avoid being ganked by invisible heroes.
- Due to the true sight being a passive aura, it constantly reveals nearby invisible enemies, making it the most cost effective revealing item, hence the heavy drawback.
- Gem of True Sight can still sometime be a worthwhile investment when the enemy has no invisible heroes. It is ideal to reliably remove enemy wards over a long term, as the only alternative item to do this are Sentry Wards, but they can be easily wasted if the enemy ward locations are unknown.