From Dota 2 Wiki
|Allows you to manipulate others, for good or evil.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- One Force Staff grants a total of 4 health regeneration, 120 mana, 0.4 mana regeneration and 0.625% spell damage (and 10 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Pushes the target at a speed of 1500.
- The target is not disabled during the push, so it still can cast spells or items, attack and turn during the push.
- It also means that it does not cancel channeling spells of the target.
- However, it interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast, since it is a single target spell. It is not the push itself canceling them.
- Does not push units affected by a Chronosphere, Black Hole, Duel, Flaming Lasso or Kinetic Field.
- Cannot break Pounce leash. When casting on a leashed hero, it does not get pushed beyond the leash's max range.
- Can force units over impassable terrain. Trees within 100 radius around the pushed target get destroyed during the push.
- Shares cooldown with Hurricane Pike.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This is an overall good and cheap utility item for saving allies and messing up enemy positioning.
- Force can push units over cliffs and through trees, making it a great chasing or escaping item.
- It is also good for countering Heroes that can make impassable barriers, such as Earthshaker, Clockwerk or Nature's Prophet.
- Unlike Blink Dagger, the item is not disabled when receiving damage, allowing for both initiation and escape (but the distance is shorter). And it can be upgraded into an hurricane pike even for melee heroes late game to get extra stats compared to the blink dagger.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Force Staff as a core item: Outworld Devourer.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Force Staff as a situational item: Ancient Apparition, Batrider.
Gallery[edit | edit source]