|The faithful mount upon which soar the fortunes of battle.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Becomes available for purchase at the 3 minute mark.
- It takes 3 minutes for the Flying Courier to replenish in the stock.
- Flying Courier is completely shareable.
- This item acts as a recipe to upgrade the Animal Courier
. Buying it automatically upgrades the Animal Courier (wherever it is).
- However, unlike other recipes, it does not combine into one item when the Animal Courier and the Flying Courier items are in the inventory.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- The Flying Courier is not a valid target for most spells. A list of spells which affect the courier can be found below.
- The Flying Courier takes 50% more damage from melee attacks than from ranged attacks.
- It is possible to have multiple Flying Couriers. However, only the first created courier reacts on the courier button.
- All couriers are controllable by the entire team, no matter who buys and deploys the courier.
- When a courier dies, the opposing team's heroes get 175 gold each. If there already is a dead courier, no gold is granted.
- However, an enemy making the killing blow on a courier always gets the 175 gold bounty.
- When a Flying Courier dies, it respawns in 180 seconds at the team's fountain. While dead, items in its inventory are inaccessible.
Courier inventory[edit | edit source]
Like a hero, the courier possesses an inventory with 6 slots. However, it has restrictions. Almost every item gets muted when in the courier's inventory, rendering all their stats and abilities disabled and unusable for the courier. Muted items are darkened out in its inventory. The following items are not muted:
- Animal Courier
- Dust of Appearance
- Gem of True Sight
- Observer and Sentry Wards
- Ring of Health
- Ring of Regen
- Sage's Mask
- Smoke of Deceit
- Tango (Shared)
- Void Stone
However, only a few of them can be actually used by the courier.
- The Flying Courier has no mana pool and mana regeneration. So Sage's Mask
, Void Stone and the mana regen part of Perseverance are useless for it. This also means that it cannot use Town Portal Scroll .
- The Flying Courier is not able to place or share Observer Ward
s and Sentry Ward s. Trying to do so will give the "Item is not usable by Couriers" error message.
- The Bottle
can be "used". Using it puts it on its short cooldown, but does not use up a charge and does not regenerate. This goes for using it on self or on allies with the CTRL key.
- Besides this, a non-full Bottle slows the Flying Courier's movement speed by 30%. This effect stacks with multiple non-full bottles in its inventory.
- Along with that, the Flying Courier can neither pick up runes, nor put them in the Bottle.
- Despite not being muted, Gem of True Sight
does not provide True Sight when carried by the Flying Courier.
- When using Animal Courier
from the courier's inventory, the new spawned courier will use the default donkey courier model.
- It is possible to buy a Divine Rapier
with the Flying Courier and it can drop the Rapier. However, it cannot pick it back up again, as it cannot pick up Rapiers in general. It cannot pick up the Aegis of the Immortal either.
- Both Gem of True Sight and Divine Rapier are dropped when a Flying Courier carrying them is killed.
- The courier can use Tango (Shared)
and Cheese and benefits from the health regeneration granted by Ring of Regen , Ring of Health and Perseverance. It also can activate Smoke of Deceit , but it does not affect the courier.
Courier abilities[edit | edit source]
- Even when the secret shop on the enemy side of the map is closer, the courier still chooses the secret shop on its team's side of the map.
- The courier walks as close as possible to the shop keeper.
- When the courier has no items in its inventory, it stands still for a split second when casting this and then continues doing what it was doing previously.
- The courier walks to the same spot as with Return to Base. But the items are already put into the stash when 700 range away from the shop.
- When the player has no items in its stash, it gives the "No Items To Retrieve From Stash" error message and does not interrupt the courier.
- Retrieves the items from the stash when getting within 700 range of the shop keeper. When the items are retrieved, the courier stops.
- When the courier has no items in its inventory to transfer, it stands still for a split second when casting this and then continues doing what it was doing previously.
- After delivering the items, the courier automatically gets the Return to Base order.
Abilities affecting couriers[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]