23 + 1.6
23 + 2.65
15 + 1.5
Darkterror the Faceless Void is a melee agility hard carry hero. Given a little time, he becomes a terrifyingly powerful hero capable of destroying entire enemy teams in seconds.
Wielding his cosmically powered mace, each hit can lock his foes in time, stopping them in place. He can jump into or out of combat using Time Walk, and passively can avoid any damage with Backtrack which even works against True Strike. His ultimate, Chronosphere, locks time for everything within its area of effect, giving him time to strike down any enemies caught within with near immunity for several seconds. Faceless Void is a hard carry and, as such, scales heavily from items and reaches his full potential in late game, growing into one of the most powerful and destructive Heroes in the game making him almost impossible to stop.
| Darkterror, the Faceless Void
| Play "From a place beyond time, and time beyond counting."
|| Carry / Initiator / Disabler / Escape
|| Darkterror the Faceless Void is a visitor from Claszureme, a realm outside of time. It remains a mystery why this being from another dimension believes the struggle for the Nemesis Stones is worth entering our physical plane, but apparently an upset in the balance of power in this world has repercussions in adjacent dimensions. Time means nothing to Darkterror, except as a way to thwart his foes and aid his allies. His long-view of the cosmos has given him a remote, disconnected quality, although in battle he is quite capable of making it personal.
|| Dave Fennoy (Responses)
- Time Walk moves Faceless Void with a speed of 3000.
- Does not disjoint projectiles upon cast.
- The slow can hit units up to 1000/1200/1400/1600 range away.
- Does not travel the full distance, when targeting closer than its max distance.
- Consumables will allow you to stay in lane in the early levels, where you will be subject to harass.
- Quelling Blade and Slippers both provide extra damage to Faceless Void to aid in last-hitting during the laning phase. Slippers can build into a Poor Man's Shield from the Side Lane Shop which together with Backtrack increases Faceless Void's survivability in the lane.
- Mask of Madness is an extremely cost-efficient item for attack speed which increases damage output potential during Chronosphere, and gives more opportunities for Time Lock to proc. In addition, Chronosphere makes it difficult for enemies to take advantage of the 30% damage vulnerability.
- Power Treads gives stat bonuses and increased attack speed to Faceless Void, increasing his survivability and potential damage output.
- Butterfly grants evasion, and chance-stacks with Faceless Void's Backtrack. This item alongside level 4 backtrack has the potential to negate 51% of auto-attack damage, increasing Faceless Void's survivability. In addition, the agility and attack speed will dramatically increase Time Lock's stun potential.
- Crystalys and Daedalus provide Faceless Void with critical damage, greatly increasing Faceless Void's damage-per-second, which he lacks.
- Mjollnir gives bonus attack speed, damage and when active, damages multiple enemies when it procs.
- Assault Cuirass grants additional attack speed, armor and an armor reduction aura that increases both Faceless Void's damage potential, and that of his teammates.
- Monkey King Bar grants true strike and additional damage. This could be considered an important item to pick up when facing evasive heroes, such as Phantom Assassin.
- Maelstrom is a good choice if you're looking for a cheap source of damage and attack speed. This can be then upgraded to a Mjollnir if you choose to.
- Aghanim's Scepter is a situational pick up, but is a good early to mid game pick up for various reasons. Firstly, the added stats give Faceless Void a well-rounded boost to survivability and mana. Secondly, if you purchase Aghanim's Scepter early enough with a level 1/2 Chronosphere, you will benefit more from the massive cooldown reduction - this lower cooldown will allow Void to readily join teamfights with his team, or solo kill supports more frequently so as to accelerate item progression. Thirdly, there are many heroes which synergize very well with Chronosphere, especially Jakiro who has an ultimate with a similar cooldown. However, due to the lack of damage it provides late-game, and high cost, this item will hinder Faceless Void's carrying potential greatly.
- Black King Bar is a crucial item if Faceless Void is up against magic damage reliant heroes, especially stunners and disables. If you were to miss a stunner/disabler in your Chronosphere, they could easily kite Void from outside. Purchasing a Black King Bar and using it in fights will ensure that Faceless Void isn't being slowed down by said heroes.
- Mask of Madness will allow Faceless Void better to utilize Chronosphere throughout game, as does almost any item that gives attack speed or damage. A BKB is usually a good choice after getting a MoM as nukers outside the chronosphere can be ignored, while they otherwise burst the fragile Void very easily.
- When using Chronosphere it's important that you prioritize the targets to deal maximum damage. Important targets include carries and spellcasters. In early game focus the supports to guarantee the kill.
- If you want to play your lane aggressively, level Time Lock first, conversely if you need to play defensively, level Backtrack after getting at least one level of Time Walk as it is still your primary escape mechanism, while also having some offensive potential.
- Chronosphere will pause friendly units (exception : units under control of Faceless Void) and heroes as well as foes. Try to position it so enemies are within the sphere and allies are outside and can reach enemies inside without having to enter the Chronosphere itself.
- Using later levels of Time Walk and Chronosphere in tandem can easily catch entire enemy teams off guard.
- Faceless Void goes together well with heroes that have ranged ultimates, such as Lich, Jakiro, Witch Doctor and Gyrocopter. Chronosphere can trap enemy heroes in place for several seconds.
- If you are trying to decide on what item build is best for Faceless Void remember that his main goal is to do the most damage and hopefully kill at least one key enemy hero inside his Chronosphere where he has a 5 second free rein to attack a target without any chance of retaliation.
- While Aghanim's Scepter may diminish your carry potential sometimes it might come in handy as it increases your Chronosphere duration to 6 seconds and reduces its cooldown to only 60 seconds, allowing your ultimate to be ready in almost any team fight and while it may not contribute to your damage output very much it does increase your survivability by granting you stats and HP.
- Juggernaut's Omnislash is not stopped inside your Chronosphere, provided Juggernaut wasn't caught in the Chronosphere in the first place.
- A Black King Bar is very crucial item if you find yourself interrupted by magic attacks from units not caught in your Chronosphere e.g. stuns and disables. Every second counts when the Chronosphere is in use, and getting stunned or hexed from outside interference can result with your Chronosphere expiring without any enemies getting killed.
- A Refresher Orb combined with Aghanim's Scepter will allow you to lock down the entire enemy team for 12 seconds at Level 3 Chronosphere and will provide the longest hard Crowd Control in the game, provided you have the initial manapool to cast Chronosphere twice and use Refresher's active. This is more than enough time to kill two or three enemies, even without damage items, and allows you to make use of the full duration of Mask of Madness active. While it is not viable in most circumstances, if purchased fast enough after Aghanim's Scepter, it will allow you to wholly dominate the enemy team.
- Battlefury gives you good damage with health and mana regeneration. It is also great when you use Chronosphere and have multiple heroes caught inside it. Its cleave enables you to deal damage to multiple foes rather than one target at a time. If Faceless Void is powerful enough, he can kill an entire team caught inside the Chronosphere with Battlefury.
- A Diffusal Blade is an optional item one can consider, most useful against silences to purge yourself and ensure a successful Chronosphere as well as giving a ganking ability and bonus damage. It is also a viable choice against Heroes dependent on their abilities to survive or escape, such as Wraith King.
- In DotA, Faceless Void's alternate/fun name is Gorzerk.
- Faceless Void's death response, Play "Unkind…Rewind" is likely a reference to the old saying, "Be Kind, Rewind", a saying used to remind customers to rewind rented VHS tape before returning them to the store. The unkind in the response relating to the fact that it is unkind that he did not rewind.
- Faceless Void's respawn line Play "In the land of time, the no-eyed man is king." refers to the famous adage by Desiderius Erasmus: "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."
March 20, 2015 Patch
- Updated hero icon again
- Updated minimap icon
March 19, 2015 Patch
- Remodeled Faceless Void
- Updated hero portrait
- Updated hero icon and ability icons
- Added a loadout animation with particles
December 23, 2014 Patch
December 17, 2014 Patch Update 3
November 18, 2014 Patch
October 02, 2014 Patch
- Increased the vision on Chronosphere slightly to fit the affected area better
April 29, 2014 Patch
January 17, 2013 Patch
November 30, 2012 Patch
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Chronosphere not freezing invulnerable towers.
- Updated Faceless Void's Backtrack effect.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Courier interaction with Chronosphere.
- Fixed Basher stacking with Spiritbreaker/Slardar/Faceless Void's bashes.
December 01, 2011 Patch
- Fixed evasion not being disabled properly under Doom/Chronosphere.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Chronosphere's interaction with various passives.
- Fixed Chronosphere freezing other units you own.
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Chronosphere now properly affects siege weapons.
- Add new effect for Faceless Void's Chronosphere.
- Faceless Void's Time Walk and Backtrack effects now properly draw his time shifted form.
September 29, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Backtrack being able to avoid unique attack effects.
September 09, 2011 Patch
- Chronosphere now properly gives 1000/1000 flying vision.
August 06, 2011 Patch
- Chronosphere is now guaranteed to show for both teams.
August 02, 2011 Patch
- Chronosphere no longer pauses mechanicals or wards (except for Mass Serpent Wards, which are still paused).
July 22, 2011 Patch
- Fixed being able to Force Staff out of Chronosphere.
July 08, 2011 Patch
- Nerfed him by making Chronosphere actually show up for enemies.
June 10, 2011 Patch
- Faceless Void's Timewalk now affects all units he passes through, not just a radius at his destination. (6.72 parity)
May 26, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Chronosphere moving buildings.
March 03, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Chronosphere not affecting invulnerable towers.
February 19, 2011 Patch
- Added Faceless Void.
- Chronosphere now affects magic-immune units.
December 17, 2010 Patch
- Morphling's Waveform and Faceless Void's Timewalk will now continue previously-commanded movement properly (should no longer double-back after using those abilities).
- Chronosphere mana cost increased from 150/175/200 to 150/225/300.
- Time Walk no longer slows attack speed.
- cooldown increased from 130/110/90 to 130/115/100.
- Ward unit types are no longer able to attack while inside.
- Chronosphere cooldown increased from 120/100/80 to 130/110/90.
- Area of effect reduced from 450 to 425
- Flying vision area reduced from 1000 to 425
- No longer disables passives
- Chronosphere's effects no longer linger for an extra 0.5 seconds (like normal auras do) at the end of its duration
- Base agility increased from 21 to 23.
- Turn rate improved from 0.5 to 1.
- Chronosphere cooldown reduced from 120/110/100 to 120/100/80.
- Faceless Void now has 1000 movement speed and phase while in Chronosphere.
- Time Walk manacost reduced from 120 to 90.
- Time Lock deals twice as much damage when it procs on a target in Chronosphere.
- Faceless Void can no longer be frozen by any Chronosphere.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Aghanim's upgraded Chronosphere cooldown decreased from 75 to 60.
- Chronosphere now reveals Invisible units.
- Chronosphere cast range improved from 500/550/600 to 600.
- Time Walk slow affects all units along his path, instead of just at the destination.
- Strength growth increased from 1.4 to 1.6.
- Time Walk slow increased from 10/20/30/40% to 25/30/35/40%.
- Time Walk cooldown rebalanced from 13 to 19/17/15/13.
- Improved base Strength (17->23).
- Added Faceless Void to Aghanim's Scepter. Lasts 1 second longer and has a slightly less cooldown.
- Rewrote Time Walk to keep constant speed (so its not slow motion when you click nearby).
- Lowered Faceless Void's strength gain.
- Improved Faceless Void's cast animation time.
- Faceless Void base damage increased a bit
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Timewalk slow reduced a bit
- Removed delayed effect on chronosphere and gave it a proper casting time so it matches sphere effect
- Nerfed the extra damage during timewalk
- Faceless can now use refresher orb
- Reworked Faceless Void (Modified ult, buffed bash damage, str gainperlvl 2.05->2.2)
- Timestop lvl 3 cooldown is 110 seconds up from 90
- Time stop reduced to 2.5 seconds, mana cost now 180/250/300