Eul's Scepter of Divinity
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Eul's Scepter of Divinity|
|A mysterious scepter passed down through the ages, its disruptive winds can be used for good or evil.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple Eul's Scepters of Divinity fully stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- One Eul's Scepter of Divinity grants a total of 40 movement speed, 120 mana, 0.4 (+ 150%) mana regeneration and 0.625% spell damage (and 10 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast.
- Can only target enemies, self or own Meepo clones and Tempest Doubles. Cannot target other allies, wards, or buildings.
- Applies a cyclone effect on the target upon cast, so it dispels, turns it invulnerable and fully disables it.
- While in the air, other units may pass below the cycloned unit.
- The damage is applied at the end of the duration. If the cyclone gets purged, it still applies the damage as soon as the target lands.
- The damage is only applied to enemy targets.
- Can be cast on Roshan, but has no effect, since Roshan is immune to forced movement. The damage is still applied.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]Crystal Maiden
- Eul's Scepter improves Crystal Maiden's very slow movement speed, and gives her a temporary defense mechanism.
- Eul's Scepter increases Death Prophet's already fast movement speed, and can keep her alive while her spirits are out during Exorcism.
- Eul's Scepter is one of the best ways to set up and position abilities combos with Sun Strike, Ice Wall, EMP, Chaos Meteor, and Deafening Blast.
- Eul's Scepter helps set up Ice Path, compensating for Jakiro's slow cast animations.
- Eul's Scepter helps Lina land Light Strike Array.
- Eul's Scepter gives Lion a bit more movement speed, a means of self defense, and an extra disable to go with Hex and Earth Spike.
- In conjunction with Phase Shift, Eul's Scepter keeps Puck out of enemy reach, allowing more time for his numerous elusive abilities and items to come off cooldown.
- Eul's Scepter provides Rubick with his only means of escape, and helps him avoid initiations so he can safely steal abilities after Cyclone ends.
- Eul's Scepter is an excellent set up for Requiem of Souls, allowing Shadow Fiend to place himself directly on top of the target.
- Eul's Scepter helps Skywrath Mage survive a little longer, and can be a good set up for Mystic Flare.
- Eul's Scepter provides much needed mana regeneration for Techies to lay more mines, and helps him set up mines under a Cycloned target.
- Techies can also survive longer by Cycloning himself after using Blast Off!, while his team follows up.
- Eul's Scepter improves Zeus' low mobility, and keeps his mana up for more frequent nuking.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Bloodseeker can use the Cyclone to set up Blood Rite, preventing the target from moving out of its radius. It's also widely used to prevent enemies from fleeing with Town Portal Scroll.
- Timbersaw can place his Chakram underneath the Cyclone, thus hitting and slowing the target immediately after landing. He can also position himself for an easy Timber Chain. Since Timbersaw is reliant on his abilities for escape, using the Cyclone to dispel silences can ensure his survival if the enemy has no other follow-up disables.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use the Cyclone offensively by disabling an enemy before a gank, giving you the time to set up your abilities.
- Use the Cyclone on fleeing enemies to give your team the time to surround the target.
- Use the Cyclone on enemies in teamfights to take them out of the fight for a few seconds. This is especially effective on carries.
- Use the Cyclone on yourself during teamfights, baiting enemies into using their abilities on you, then becoming invulnerable to interrupt their burst damage.
- Use the Cyclone to buy yourself a little more time for abilities and items to come off cooldown, especially items like Blink Dagger or Blade Mail.
- Use the Cyclone on an enemy who has activated items like Blade Mail, Satanic, or Lotus Orb. Doing so will waste the duration of those items.
- Eul's Scepter provides a cheap and beneficial dispel for support heroes who are very succebtible to silences. So when facing a lot of silences, or other strong but dispellable effects, Eul's Scepter is usually the best option.
- The 40 bonus movement speed works well with other items that increase movement speed, such as Phase Boots.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The scepter's name is a reference to Eul, the creator of the first DotA map back in 2003.
Gallery[edit | edit source]