Eul's Scepter of Divinity
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Eul's Scepter of Divinity|
|A mysterious scepter passed down through the ages, its disruptive winds can be used for good or evil.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple Eul's Scepters of Divinity fully stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
- One Eul's Scepter of Divinity grants a total of 40 movement speed, 120 mana, 0.4 (+ 150%) mana regeneration and 0.67% spell damage (and 10 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
Ability[edit | edit source]
- Double clicking the item casts it on self.
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast.
- Can only target enemies, self or own Meepo
clones and Tempest Double s. Cannot target other allies, wards, or buildings.
- Applies a cyclone effect on the target upon cast, so it dispels, turns it invulnerable and fully disables it.
- While in the air, other units may pass below the cycloned unit.
- The damage is applied at the end of the duration. If the cyclone gets purged, it still applies the damage as soon as the target lands.
- The damage is only applied to enemy targets.
- Can be cast on Roshan, but has no effect, since Roshan is immune to forced movement. The damage is still applied.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]Crystal Maiden
- Eul's Scepter improves Crystal Maiden's very slow movement speed, and gives her a temporary defense mechanism.
- Eul's Scepter increases Death Prophet's already fast movement speed, and can keep her alive while her spirits are out during Exorcism
- Eul's Scepter is one of the best ways to set up and position abilities combos with Sun Strike
, Ice Wall , EMP , Chaos Meteor , and Deafening Blast .
- Eul's Scepter helps set up Ice Path
, compensating for Jakiro's slow cast animations.
- Eul's Scepter helps Lina land Light Strike Array
- Eul's Scepter gives Lion a bit more movement speed, a means of self defense, and an extra disable to go with Hex
and Earth Spike .
- In conjunction with Phase Shift
, Eul's Scepter keeps Puck out of enemy reach, allowing more time for his numerous elusive abilities and items to come off cooldown.
- Eul's Scepter provides Rubick with his only means of escape, and helps him avoid initiations so he can safely steal abilities after Cyclone ends.
- Eul's Scepter is an excellent set up for Requiem of Souls
, allowing Shadow Fiend to place himself directly on top of the target.
- Eul's Scepter helps Skywrath Mage survive a little longer, and can be a good set up for Mystic Flare
- Eul's Scepter provides much needed mana regeneration for Techies to lay more mines, and helps him set up mines under a Cycloned target.
- Techies can also survive longer by Cycloning himself after using Blast Off!
, while his team follows up.
- Eul's Scepter improves Zeus' low mobility, and keeps his mana up for more frequent nuking.
Others[edit | edit source]
can use the Cyclone to set up Blood Rite , preventing the target from moving out of its radius. It's also widely used to prevent enemies from fleeing with Town Portal Scroll .
can place his Chakram underneath the Cyclone, thus hitting and slowing the target immediately after landing. He can also position himself for an easy Timber Chain . Since Timbersaw is reliant on his abilities for escape, using the Cyclone to dispel silences can ensure his survival if the enemy has no other follow-up disables.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use the Cyclone offensively by disabling an enemy before a gank, giving you the time to set up your abilities.
- Use the Cyclone on fleeing enemies to give your team the time to surround the target.
- Use the Cyclone on enemies in teamfights to take them out of the fight for a few seconds. This is especially effective on carries.
- Use the Cyclone on yourself during teamfights, baiting enemies into using their abilities on you, then becoming invulnerable to interrupt their burst damage.
- Use the Cyclone to buy yourself a little more time for abilities and items to come off cooldown, especially items like Blink Dagger
or Blade Mail .
- Use the Cyclone on an enemy who has activated items like Blade Mail
, Satanic , or Lotus Orb . Doing so will waste the duration of those items.
- Eul's Scepter provides a cheap and beneficial dispel for support heroes who are very succebtible to silences. So when facing a lot of silences, or other strong but dispellable effects, Eul's Scepter is usually the best option.
- The 40 bonus movement speed works well with other items that increase movement speed, such as Phase Boots
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The scepter's name is a reference to Eul, the creator of the first DotA map back in 2003.
Gallery[edit | edit source]