Aiushtha the Enchantress is a ranged intelligence hero who uses her abilities to push through lanes and gank with relative ease. Enchantress works well as a jungler in the early game, as it maximizes the effectiveness of her Enchant and Untouchable abilities. On first glance, she may be just a support, serving her allies with powerful heals, creep abilities and slows, but as time goes on, her power increases and once she has her ultimate, Enchantress' regular attacks are strong enough to kill most heroes with a couple of attacks, if they stand far enough, and make her a potential carry.
|Aiushtha, the Enchantress|
|Play "You know what I love? Everything!"|
|Role:||Support / Jungler / Pusher / Durable / Disabler|
|Lore:||Aiushtha appears to be an innocent, carefree creature of the woods, and while this is certainly true, it is hardly the sum of her story. She well understands the suffering of the natural world. She has wandered far, and fared through forests bright and drear, in every clime and every season, gathering friends, sharing news, bringing laughter and healing wherever she goes. For in worlds wracked by war, forests are leveled for the building of ships and siege engines; and even in places of peace, the woods are stripped for the building of homes, and as fuel for countless hearths. Aiushtha hears the pleas of the small creatures, the furtive folk who need green shade and a leafy canopy to thrive. She lends her ears to those who have no other listeners. She carries their stories from the wood to the world, believing that her own good cheer is a kind of Enchantment, that can itself fulfill the promise of a verdant future.|
|Voice:||Gin Hammond (Responses)|
Similar to Chen, her Enchant ability allows her to take temporary control of creeps to do her bidding and can be used to slow fleeing heroes. Because of this, she is usually found roaming the jungles for creeps to enchant. Combined with the efforts of the enchanted creeps, Enchantress can harass heroes without actually having to get close. After the enchantment wears off, the creep dies regardless of how much life it had left. When hurt, she may summon Nature's Attendants, which calls forth a number of wisps to heal her and nearby allies rapidly for a short time. This makes her very useful in battles as she can heal without having to stand still. When caught in battle, Enchantress' passive, Untouchable, makes her difficult to bring down with basic attacks, though her extremely low strength gain (the lowest in the entire game) makes her susceptible to spells. But what truly makes the Enchantress most dangerous is her ultimate ability Impetus. Impetus turns Enchantress' attacks into pure damage strikes, dealing damage the farther the target is from her.
- Untouchable is triggered whenever a unit starts an attack on Enchantress, regardless of distance.
- This means it does not matter if the attack successfully hits or not, the slow is still applied.
- The slow debuff lingers for 1 second when the attacking unit cancels the attack.
- When the attack was fully executed, then the slow debuff lasts as long as the remaining backswing duration of the attack.
- Canceling the attack backswing does not affect this duration, so it not possible to the reset attack speed by canceling it.
- When switching attack targets, the debuff is not removed, but the slow has no effect against the new target.
- Casting Enchant on any other enemy unit which is not a ward or building converts it (short sound is played). This includes illusions.
- Cannot be cast on ancient creeps, Roshan, Warlock's Golem and Storm and Fire from Primal Split.
- If the level 25 talent is taken, ancient creeps can be converted, but the others mentioned are only slowed.
- Does not restore any health and mana on the targeted creep.
- There is no limit to how many creeps can be converted. The current default cooldown and duration allow up to 3/4/4/6 creeps.
- When recast on an enchanted creep, its duration gets set back to 80 seconds. This also goes for other enchanted summoned units.
- For example, Necronomicon units last 40 seconds by default, but Enchant sets it to 80 seconds when recast.
- The duration of summons is not set to 80 upon converting them. It only sets it upon re-casting it on them a second time.
- When a converted creep's duration ends, it dies instantly. The death is not credited to anyone so that no one gets experience from it.
- Every second, each wisp chooses a random allied unit to heal. So it is possible to heal up to 4/6/8/10 ( 12/14/16/18) allies at a time.
- The heal targets are chosen completely random, without any priorities. Multiple wisps can randomly select the same unit.
- Allies which already are at full health are ignored. Ancient creeps, Warlock's Golem and Primal Split spirits are ignored as well.
- The area of effect is centered around Enchantress' current location, not where the spell was cast.
- When Enchantress dies, the wisps still continue to heal units nearby her death's location.
- Impetus can be disjointed.
- The distance is calculated as the projectile hits the target.
- This means moving away from the target causes it to deal more damage on impact, and moving closer decreases the damage.
- Impetus deals its damage in a separate damage instance, so it is unaffected by any attack modifying effect.
- Impetus deals its damage before the attack damage is applied, but still depends on the attack hitting the target.
- Enchantress' attack acquisition range stays at 800 even after acquiring Aghanim's Scepter.
- The attack range bonus of Aghanim's Scepter is granted only if Impetus is learned.
|Enchant Affects Ancients||25||+6% Impetus Damage|
|+60 Untouchable Slow||20||+15% Magic Resistance|
|+50 Damage||15||+8 Nature's Attendants Wisps|
|+25 Movement Speed||10||+6 All Stats|
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- The magic resistance stacks multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance.
- Tango heals every little wound that you could get from jungling or gank attempts.
- Gauntlets of Strength is bought for two reasons: Enchantress greatest weakness is her low starting strength and strength gain. So the Gauntlets of Strength mitigates this weakness a bit. They also build into an Urn of Shadows, which is a very useful item for Enchantress.
- Healing Salve is bought to recover from a greater clash, which could potentially happen while ganking or in the jungle when meeting a roaming hero.
- Iron Branches give very cost effective and cheap attribute bonuses.
- Magic Wand is good for refilling health and mana in short bursts.
- Power Treads increases the rate at which Impetus can be used and can also provide a health bonus.
- Urn of Shadows is a useful item for a hero who will be very active in the early game.
- Aghanim's Scepter is the prime way to increase Enchantress' damage output. It also increases her attack range, allowing her to stay farther from the fray.
- Dragon Lance Enchantress can throw out very painful Impetus attacks when combined with Aghanim's Scepter, reaching more than 800 attack range. The strength, damage and attack speed bonus are great for her as well, as she is lacking all of that.
- Helm of the Dominator is a nice pickup for Enchantress, giving her some cheap stats. Its aura also provides attack speed and health regen for her and her controlled creeps. Furthermore it enables Enchantress to control another creep with its "Dominate" ability to increase her army in combination with Enchant.
- Bloodstone helps with mana regeneration, allowing more liberal use of Impetus, and it also gives good survivability.
- Shiva's Guard gives Intelligence, survivability, and a slow, allowing Enchantress to keep in range of her targets.
- Scythe of Vyse provides good bonuses to attributes and provides an important disable that allows Enchantress to keep using Impetus on a target.
- Orchid Malevolence helps to pick off a single target who poses a threat to Enchantress and also gives intelligence, mana regeneration and attack speed, greatly increasing the rate at which Impetus can be used.
- Heart of Tarrasque, combined with Untouchable, makes Enchantress very hard to dispatch.
- Assault Cuirass allows Enchantress to attack faster with Impetus, and survive for longer in fights.
- Force Staff is a great help to positioning.
- Hurricane Pike is an optimal item choice for Enchantress, as it enables her to deal tremendous damage in a short time while keeping herself in a safe distance. It is also built from a Dragon Lance and Force Staff which are also recommended items for Enchantress.
- Enchantress' alternate/fun name in DotA was Bambi, referencing the classic Disney animated film of the same name.
- Enchantress' phrases Play "Light of foot, light of heart!", Play "With skipping grace", and Play "Oh do not run too fast for I will but bespeak thy grave and die" derive from Andrew Marvell's poem "The Nymph Complaining for the Death of her Fawn".
- Enchantress' line Play "I guess the good do die young." is a reference to the 1977 song by Billy Joel "Only the Good die young".
- The line Play "Ready or not, here I come!" is a reference to the song Ready or Not Here I Come (Can't Hide from Love) originally created by the Delfonics.