24 + 2.3
14 + 1.5
23 + 1.6
The Elder Titan is a durable melee strength hero who plays the role of initiator. His Astral Spirit and Echo Stomp abilities allow him to disable large groups of enemies from afar, making him one of the few initiators that does not require a Blink Dagger. This combination creates a perfect setup for his powerful ultimate Earth Splitter, which damages enemies based on their maximum HP. This, along with his ability to lower his enemies' physical and magical resistance, makes Elder Titan scale well through his abilities and be effective at all stages of the game. As the progenitor of this world, Elder Titan reshapes the battlefield on a whim and can turn any teamfight in his favor.
| Elder Titan, the Worldsmith
| Play "The battle is joined, like the pieces of a broken world."
|| Initiator / Durable
|| Well may you ask, "How did this world take its form?" Why of all the worlds in creation, has this one its strange properties, its diverse and motley collection of creatures, cultures and lore? "The answer," One whispers, "lies with the Titans."
These original progenitors were there near the Beginning--if not actual witnesses to the creation, then born with it still echoing in their ears. Stamped with the earliest energies of the universe, they wished nothing more than to continue as creators themselves. Thus they bent to the task of shaping matter to their will: hammering and heating, bending and blasting. And when matter proved less challenging than they liked, they turned their tools upon themselves, reshaping their minds and reforging their spirits until they had become beings of great endurance. Reality itself became the ultimate object of their smithing. Yet, along the way, they sometimes erred. In cases of great ambition, mistakes are unavoidable.
The one we know as the Elder Titan was a great innovator, one who studied at the forge of creation. In honing his skills, he shattered something that could never be repaired, only thrown aside. He fell into his own broken world, a shattered soul himself. There he dwelt among the jagged shards and fissured planes, along with other lost fragments that had sifted down through the cracks in the early universe. And this is why the world we know resembles an isle of castaways, survivors of a wreck now long forgotten. Forgotten, that is, by all but the One who blames himself. He spends his time forever seeking a way to accomplish the repairs, that he might rejoin the parts of his broken soul, that we and the world alike might all be mended. This is the One we know as Elder Titan.
|| Jim French (Responses)
Elder Titan's role as an initiator, and his Natural Order aura, make him well suited to buy further teamfight and aura items - like Mekansm or Shiva's Guard - especially ones that make him more durable to prolong his auras. His natural health is not unusually high, but the teamfight items he often buys can make him into a tank. He is normally played as a slot 4 support, but if circumstances require, he can transition to a core hero who lands devastating initiations with multiple teamfight items and acts as a tank during the rest of the teamfight.
- Applies a sleep on affected units, preventing them from acting, until woken up.
- When the Astral Spirit is summoned, it will perform the stomp perfectly synchronized with Elder Titan.
- The physical damage is dealt around Elder Titan, while the magical damage around the spirit.
- The sleep is applied in the radius around Elder Titan and the spirit. if the radius are overlapping, the duration does not stack up.
- If the spirit is not summoned, both, magical and physical damage are centered around Elder Titan.
- If Astral Spirit is not learnt, it still deals both damage instances around Elder Titan.
- The Astral Spirit itself possesses this ability as well (with a different icon). Ordering the spirit to cast it forces Elder Titan to cast his part.
- When being cast on the spirit while Elder Titan is disabled, it will go into cooldown for the spirit and do nothing.
- However, Elder Titan can still use it afterwards and the spirit will still mimic, even though its own is on cooldown.
- Echo Stomp cannot be cancelled by ordering the spirit to stop. During the Echo Stomp animation, the spirit "Can't Act" (a red error message appears, reading that).
- Affected units cannot be woken up for the initial 0.65 seconds of the sleep.
- Deals 17.5% of the affected units' max hp as physical damage, and 17.5% as magical damage.
- The crack extends at a speed of 910.
- Can hit units up to 2700 range away (2400 distance + 300 radius).
- The crack visualy extends up to 2600 distance, but the actual effects stop at 2400.
- Affected units are instantly pulled towards the crack once it implodes.
- A Tango and a Healing Salve are taken to counteract any harassment faced in lane.
- Clarity potions allow the titan to summon his Astral Spirit more often, allowing him to get some last hits from a distance.
- A Stout Shield is always a good item for melee heroes, as it allows them to take more hits in the lane, helping to not get completely out zoned.
- Hood of Defiance is taken in accordance with his role as an initiator, providing magic resistance needed to outlast enemy nukers.
- Pipe of Insight is a very useful teamfight item which Elder Titan can easily get following Hood of Defiance.
- Aghanim's Scepter grants you a disarm, lasting the same amount of time as your slow. It shares important bonusses from buying Drums of Endurace and Heaven's Halberd; +10 to all stats and a strong disarm, but 1550 golds cheaper.
- Assault Cuirass provides an aura that synergizes well with Natural Order and is useful to teammates.
- Shiva's Guard helps to keep enemies in the Earth Splitter or Echo Stomp radius as well as improving durability further.
- Blade Mail is useful if Elder Titan is the main initiator and will subsequently take the first wave of damage from the enemy, allowing him to cripple more fragile heroes.
- Scythe of Vyse provides a more reliable disable for him as well as mana and mana regeneration which is useful for maintaining a presence in team fights.
- Refresher Orb is an item which can allow you to deal 70% of enemies' health in a team fight by casting Earth Splitter twice in succession, severely crippling them within moments. This set up will need careful coordination with your team and a successfully executed Echo Stomp.
- Depending on your team composition and level of play, Elder Titan's skills have differing priorities to max. Level Echo Stomp to increase the sleep's duration, making it easier for Elder Titan and his team to set up their own spells without disturbance. Astral Spirit provides the highest overall damage increase. Maxing Natural Order early massively increases its effectiveness, as enemy heroes will have little to no bonus defenses and will thus be taking almost full damage.
- Astral Spirit spawns at a target location up to a distance of 1200 away from Elder Titan and can then be moved further away from there. Elder Titan can use this to initiate by casting it in the middle of an enemy team followed immediately by Echo Stomp; if the enemy team was unaware of Elder Titan's location beforehand they usually won't have time to react before Stomp's channeling is finished.
- Echo Stomp's radius is large enough to cover the width of Roshan's pit, and Astral Spirit has a long cast range. Elder Titan can often get a perfect initiation on an enemy team in the pit, even if they have wards nearby.
- If Echo Stomp's level is high enough the enemies should be disabled for the entire 3 seconds it takes for Earth Splitter to form and activate, assuming they don't take any damage that breaks the sleep.
- Astral Spirit is an effective harassing and pushing tool throughout the early game that can be used without putting Elder Titan in danger.
- Be careful, though: its mana cost is high for Elder Titan's small mana pool. This mana cost can be remedied if your lane partner or you build Arcane Boots.
- An early Soul Ring will allow you to spam Astral Spirit constantly while still in the laning phase, adding a considerable amount of harassment potential to Elder Titan.
- Elder Titan can excel even with just one or two core items. Eul's Scepter of Divinity, for example, solves his mana problems while giving a reliable disable to set up an Echo Stomp or Earth Splitter.
- Due to his tankiness, Elder Titan can carry auras effectively. Items like Ring of Basilius, Drum of Endurance, Mekansm, Pipe of Insight, Vladmir's Offering and Assault Cuirass can help the whole team, as long as Elder Titan stays alive and close to his allies.
- Power Treads will make you able to land more hits after the Astral Spirit returns, and switching to intelligence can help with the low mana pool; Phase Boots pair well with the movement speed bonus granted by the Astral Spirit; Arcane Boots give much more mana to spam spells; later in the game, Boots of Travel can be used to counter-push or counter-gank.
- While Elder Titan makes a great initiator, he is also great at breaking enemy team initiations. If you can react fast enough and use a long range Echo Stomp with your Astral Spirit the moment your allies get initiated on you will open the way for your allies to reorganize and reposition to follow up on your Earth Splitter.
- In later stages of the game when your team sieges and pushes towers Astral Spirit makes a magnificent tool in scouting ahead to check enemy positions without putting anyone on your team in danger. To better control your spirit you can actually assign it to a group so you can immediately select it whenever it is available.
- Remember that the disable from Echo Stomp is not a stun, but a sleep. Affected enemy units will wake up upon taking damage from a player. If an allied Elder Titan is preparing to initiate make sure you do not attack the enemy until his Earth Splitter activates and maims the enemy team.
- Early game in certain cases you can use the mechanics of Echo Stomp to your advantage. Consider the fact that only player based damage awakens sleeping units if you perhaps can knockout an enemy in the range of your tower for example you can do considerable damage.
- Elder Titan was known as the Tauren Chieftain in DotA. The name change was likely done to avoid copyright issues with Blizzard Entertainment, since the Tauren is an existing race in the Warcraft universe.
- Elder Titan is voiced by Jim French, a prominent voice actor and radio personality; he is best known for voice-acting Bill in the Left 4 Dead series and Father Grigori in Half Life 2, two titles also made by Valve.
- In the splash art, a faint image of what looks to be Legion Commander can be seen.
- The delay time on Earth Splitter is 3.14 seconds, which is most likely a reference to pi. Pi is the ratio between a circle's circumference and its diameter, making it a fundamental constant in geometry and other more complex areas of mathematics.
- Reduced Astral Spirit damage from 60/100/140/180 to 60/90/120/150.
- Echo Stomp
- Reduced manacost from 100/115/130/145 to 100.
- Increased physical and magical damage increased from 80 to 80/85/90/95 each.
- Astral Spirit
- Reduced Vision from 600 to 450.
- Reduced damage reduced from 80/120/160/200 to 60/100/140/180.
- Reduced Astral Spirit damage from 120/160/200/240 to 80/120/160/200.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c.
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Reduced Astral Spirit cast range from 1500 to 1000.
- Earth Splitter
- Reduced width from 350 to 300.
- Increased cooldown from 90/75/60 to a constant 100.
- Reduced base attack damage from 33-43 to 23-33 (total attack damage is now 47-57).
- Reduced strength gain from 2.7 to 2.3.
- Natural Order
- Reduced armor reduction from 25%/50%/75%/100% to 20%/40%/60%/80%.
Early portrait, showing original face model and textures (Animated)
Early spell effects, tinted red
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pi