From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...[edit | edit source]Clockwerk
- Earthshaker's long cast animation will be continuously interrupted by Battery Assault, especially when trapped in Clockwerk's Power Cogs.
- Clockwerk can find Earthshaker using Rocket Flare and Hookshot in and before teamfight.
- Clockwerk's Power Cogs will separate the battlefield so that both enemies and allies are unlikely to cluster.
- Faceless Void is hard to kill, since he can effectively negate Earthshaker's combo damage with Time Walk if he remains alive.
- Chronosphere instantly stuns Earthshaker if he jumps in. Also if Earthshaker is caught by Chronosphere he would be a sitting duck.
- All of Phoenix's abilities deal damage over time, and disable Blink Dagger.
- Fire Spirits reduces Earthshaker's slow attack speed even more.
- Echo Slam has no effect on Supernova. The explode will hinder Earthshaker's combo if he jumps in.
- Skywrath Mage's long range spells can easily harass Earthshaker out of lane.
- Ancient Seal will instantly silence Earthshaker and Mystic Flare will nuke him down while he stands in one place during his long cast animations.
- Spectre's Haunt will usually disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger prior to a teamfight, preventing him from initiating.
- Sniper's superior range makes it easy for him to harass Earthshaker out of lane.
- Sniper usually stays back in fights, allowing him to avoid Earthshaker's stuns and quickly killing him after he jumps in.
- Ursa usually carries a Black King Bar, and is one of the hardest hitting melee heroes in the game. Blinking next to Ursa to initiate can often end badly for Earthshaker.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Beware of invisible and high mobility heroes such as Clinkz, Slark and Storm Spirit, since they can focus on you and take you down at first. Even if you are not completely shut down, your spell are not as effective when using on a single hero. However you can jump in when they are attacking other ally heroes.
- Careful not to blink into Riki's Smoke Screen or Disruptor's Static Storm, as these field effects will instantly silence Earthshaker and prevent him from initiating.
- Tinker's March of the Machines will disable Blink Dagger over a large area.
- Having low natural mana means one EMP from Invoker can put Earthshaker out of commission.
- Warlock often stays back and counter-initiates by dropping his Chaotic Offering on Earthshaker and his allies.
- Venomancer's Plague Wards and Poison Nova will prevent Earthshaker from initiating or re-initiating.
- Silencer's Global Silence makes Earthshaker temporarily useless.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Pipe of Insight significantly reduces Earthshaker's damage output.
- Radiance prevents Earthshaker from using Blink Dagger.
Good against...[edit | edit source]Enigma
- Fissure does a great job at interrupting Black Hole immediately, especially with Blink Dagger and Aether Lens.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to the eidolons created by Demonic Conversion
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases phenomenally due to Broodmother's hordes of spiderlings and spiderites.
- Long ranged Fissures can hit Broodmother if she runs into the treeline at the edges of the map.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Chaos Knight's Phantasm illusions.
- It is not uncommon for Chaos Knight to fight separately from his illusions, however, which could be used to bait out the Echo Slam without risk to Chaos Knight himself.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Meepo's clones.
- Eathshaker's AoE stuns can interrupt Meepo's Poof cast animation
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Naga Siren's Mirror Images.
- It is common for Naga Siren to fight separately from her illusions, however, which could easily be used to bait out the Echo Slam without risk to Naga Siren herself.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to treants.
- Nature's Prophet nearly always summons his treants but lets them push lanes by themselves while he leaves to farm or push other lanes, making timing very critical to catch him in an area with his treants.
- Earthshaker's AoE stuns can hit Nature's Prophet through Sprout, without having direct line of sight, in order to interrupt his Teleportation.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases greatly due to Phantom Lancer's many illusions.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Fissure's long range stun can also safely interrupt powerful channeled abilities, like Crystal Maiden's Freezing Field, or Witch Doctor's Death Ward.
- Earthshaker's many stuns can lock down slippery heroes like Slark in his Shadow Dance, as well as knocking Sand King out of his Sand Storm.
Works well with...[edit | edit source]Dark Seer
- Vacuum sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- A group of stunned enemies are ripe targets for Dark Seer's Wall of Replica.
- Combining Vacuum and Fissure can position and reposition the enemy team to set up for strong AoE abilities.
- Black Hole sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Earthshaker's initiation can give ample time and space for Enigma to line up a good Black Hole.
- Reverse Polarity sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Song of the Siren sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Dream Coil sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Burrowstrike sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam
- Sand King can travel underneath Fissure with Burrowstrike.
- Caustic Finale pairs well with Enchant Totem for mana-effective lanepushing.