From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Battery Assault interrupts Earthshaker's long cast animations, preventing him from using any abilities apart from Echo Slam.
- Power Cogs often separate the battlefield so that both enemies and allies are unlikely to cluster.
- Rocket Flare allows Clockwerk to scout Earthshaker before a fight starts and potentially cancel his Blink Dagger.
- Hookshot enables Clockwerk to catch Earthshaker before he gets a chance to initiate a fight.
- Thunder Strike can be used to cancel Earthshaker's Blink Dagger.
- Static Storm if used on a fight can prevent Earthshaker from executing his combo after blinking in.
- Geomagnetic Grip can be used to silence Earthshaker after he blinks in, preventing him from executing his combo.
- Magnetize does damage over time and thus disables Earthshaker's Blink Dagger for a long time.
- Rage prevents Earthshaker from damaging and stunning Lifestealer.
- Feast is very effective against Earthshaker, because of him being a strength hero, allowing Lifestealer to heavily harass and kill him.
- Open Wounds prevents Earthshaker from escaping after he initiated.
- Infest gives Lifestealer an easy way to escape should he get caught out by Earthshaker.
- Fire Spirits reduces Earthshaker's slow attack speed even more.
- Supernova makes Phoenix invulnerable from Earthshaker's abilities.
- Phoenix's abilities deal damage over time and disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger.
- Arcane Bolt allows Skywrath Mage to harass Earthshaker out of lane.
- Ancient Seal is an instant silence, that can be pre-cast onto Earthshaker to disrupt his combo, before he uses Blink Dagger to initiate.
- Mystic Flare will nuke Earthshaker down, while he stands in place during his long cast animations.
- Shrapnel can be used to disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger from a huge range.
- Take Aim allows Sniper to harass Earthshaker in lane, and stay out of Echo Slam initiation radius.
- Haunt will usually disable Earthshaker's Blink Dagger prior to a teamfight, preventing him from initiating.
- Beware of invisible and high mobility heroes such as Clinkz, Slark and Storm Spirit, since they can focus on you and take you down at first. Even if you are not completely shut down, your spell are not as effective when using on a single hero. However you can jump in when they are attacking other ally heroes.
- Careful not to blink into Riki's Smoke Screen or Disruptor's Static Storm, as these field effects will instantly silence Earthshaker and prevent him from initiating.
- Tinker's March of the Machines will disable Blink Dagger over a large area.
- Having low natural mana means one EMP from Invoker can put Earthshaker out of commission.
- Warlock often stays back and counter-initiates by dropping his Chaotic Offering on Earthshaker and his allies.
- Venomancer's Plague Wards and Poison Nova will prevent Earthshaker from initiating or re-initiating.
- Silencer's Global Silence makes Earthshaker temporarily useless.
- Pipe of Insight and Black King Bar significantly reduce Earthshaker's damage output.
- Radiance prevents Earthshaker from using Blink Dagger.
- Fissure does a great job at interrupting Black Hole immediately, especially with Blink Dagger and Aether Lens.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to the eidolons created by Demonic Conversion
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases phenomenally due to Broodmother's hordes of spiderlings and spiderites.
- Long ranged Fissures can hit Broodmother if she runs into the treeline at the edges of the map.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Chaos Knight's Phantasm illusions.
- It is not uncommon for Chaos Knight to fight separately from his illusions, however, which could be used to bait out the Echo Slam without risk to Chaos Knight himself.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Meepo's clones.
- Eathshaker's AoE stuns can interrupt Meepo's Poof cast animation
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to Naga Siren's Mirror Images.
- It is common for Naga Siren to fight separately from her illusions, however, which could easily be used to bait out the Echo Slam without risk to Naga Siren herself.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases due to treants.
- Nature's Prophet nearly always summons his treants but lets them push lanes by themselves while he leaves to farm or push other lanes, making timing very critical to catch him in an area with his treants.
- Earthshaker's AoE stuns can hit Nature's Prophet through Sprout, without having direct line of sight, in order to interrupt his Teleportation.
- Echo Slam's damage potential increases greatly due to Phantom Lancer's many illusions.
- Fissure's long range stun can also safely interrupt powerful channeled abilities, like Crystal Maiden's Freezing Field, or Witch Doctor's Death Ward.
- Earthshaker's many stuns can lock down slippery heroes like Slark in his Shadow Dance, as well as knocking Sand King out of his Sand Storm.
Works well with...Dark Seer
- Vacuum sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- A group of stunned enemies are ripe targets for Dark Seer's Wall of Replica.
- Combining Vacuum and Fissure can position and reposition the enemy team to set up for strong AoE abilities.
- Black Hole sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Earthshaker's initiation can give ample time and space for Enigma to line up a good Black Hole.
- Reverse Polarity sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Song of the Siren sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Dream Coil sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam.
- Burrowstrike sets Earthshaker up for an easy Echo Slam
- Sand King can travel underneath Fissure with Burrowstrike.
- Caustic Finale pairs well with Enchant Totem for mana-effective lanepushing.