Raigor Stonehoof, the Earthshaker, is a melee strength hero with several area of effect (AoE) disables, commonly played as a ganker or initiator. Unlike most strength heroes, he is played more like an intelligence caster hero and is almost entirely reliant on his spells to inflict heavy damage. His Fissure is a versatile spell that affects enemies in a line, used to stun, inflict decent damage, and create an impassable wall of earth for a significant duration. Good usage of this can cut off chokepoints, leaving enemies with no escape routes or preventing them from chasing after endangered allies. Enchant Totem massively boosts his attack damage for one attack, and has a very short cooldown. Aftershock lets the Earthshaker deal additional damage and stun in a small area around him every time he uses one of his spells, and combos particularly well with Enchant Totem. Earthshaker's heavy AoE-centric kit is most powerful when his enemies are in large numbers and in close proximity. With his Echo Slam, he can deal heavy damage to clusters of enemies. All of Earthshaker's spells (with the exception of his ultimate) have a long casting animation, but with proper positioning, an adept Earthshaker can wreak havoc with his AoE spells. Blink Dagger is an essential item for Earthshaker to be able to properly land Echo Slam within a cluster of enemies. At the same time, because of the high mana costs of his spells, he needs some form of mana sustenance. With his tremendous seismic power, the Earthshaker is never one that should be taken lightly even when he is heavily outnumbered.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Fissure's effects are instantly applied within its whole area. There is no travel time.
- The Fissure can stun and damage enemies up to 1575 range away (1350 range + 225 radius).
- The Fissure consists of 24 segments, which are placed in a straight line in front of Earthshaker.
- The segments have a collision size of 24 and a distance of 8.25 between each other.
- This means the Fissure's effective blocking area is 1350 range long, with a width of 48.
- The first segment is placed 8.25 range in front of Earthshaker, so that it can hit units 192.75 range behind him.
- Every unit (except wards and buildings) which is within that area upon cast is pushed aside.
- Flying units and units with free pathing ( Spectral Dagger, Charge of Darkness, Spin Web) are not blocked by Fissure.
- They still are fully affected by it otherwise when hit. They are pushed aside, stunned and damaged.
- Units not controlled by any player do not try to path around the Fissure, but simply walk against it as if it is not there.
- This effectively causes them to get stuck, until they change directions (e.g. when aggro-ing them), or until the Fissure dissipates.
- Only increases base damage and that given by the primary attribute of Earthshaker. Raw bonus damage is not increased.
- The bonus attack damage buff is only used up upon successfully landing an attack. Missed attacks do not waste the buff.
- When upgraded, the spell turns into an area targeted spell. It may only target the ground or self.
- Double-clicking the ability automatically targets self.
- When targeting self, the ability behaves like the unupgraded version, using the 0.69 + 0.57 second cast animation and not leaping.
- When targeting ground, it uses a 0 second cast time and a 0.2 second cast backswing, during which Earthshaker is disabled.
- The duration is always the same, so the speed adapts based on the targeted distance. The leap height is always 562 range.
- During the leap, Earthshaker is fully disabled, unable to move, turn, attack or cast spells or items.
- The spell counts as cast as soon as the leap starts. However, Aftershock and the totem buff are applied upon landing.
- Aftershock and the totem buff are applied even when Earthshaker gets disabled or dies during the leap.
- Getting hit by other sources of forced movement causes the leap's trajectory to change, but it is not interrupted.
- However, getting hit by forced movement causes the ability to not apply Aftershock or the totem buff upon landing.
- The spell is fully and immediately canceled when getting moved upwards or teleported by other spells.
- While in the air, other units may pass below Earthshaker.
- The targeting reticule shows the radius of Aftershock, even when it hasn't been learned yet.
- Echo Slam interrupts Earthshaker's channeling spells upon cast.
- Applies the initial damage instantly to all units within the initial damage radius.
- The echo search radii are centered around each unit hit by the initial damage.
- Echo waves are sent out to every enemy unit within the search radius.
- This means the echo waves targets can be up to 1200 range away from Earthshaker upon cast.
- The echo waves travel at a speed of 600 and can be disjointed.
- Any unit killed by the Echo Slam's initial damage still releases echo waves to units around it.
- Total damage to a single unit when hitting a certain number of heroes with no creeps nearby:
- 1 Hero: 200/265/340
- 2 Heroes: 240/320/410
- 3 Heroes: 280/375/480
- 4 Heroes: 320/430/550
- 5 Heroes: 360/485/620
Talents[edit | edit source]
|-2s Enchant Totem Cooldown||25||+500 Health|
|-35s Respawn Time||20||+10% Spell Amplification|
|+50 Damage||15||+20 Movement Speed|
|+250 Mana||10||+8 Strength|
- Upgrading health and mana increases maximum health and mana capacity and keeps the current health and mana percentage.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- Respawn reductions cannot reduce respawn time below 1 second.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Tango provides health regeneration in lane.
- Iron Branch gives basic stats and can be built into Magic Wand, also allows more regeneration from Tango.
- Clarity potions allow him to cast Fissure's more than once, since its mana cost is relatively high and Earthshaker's mana pool is small.
- Animal Courier should be purchased if there are no other supports on the team. However, he may need to sacrifice a few items, such as Gauntlets of Strength, or two Clarities, reducing his lane presence by a big deal.
- Infused Raindrop provides excellent protection against magical harassment, against which Earthshaker normally has no defense.
- Enchanted Mango provides extra health regen, also an extra mana source in a pinch for an extra Fissure.
- Magic Wand can be a good source of health and mana restoration if the enemies use their abilities often, and can even be used in a pinch to get enough mana for his Fissure.
- Arcane Boots are important to compensate for Earthshaker's low mana.
- Power Treads is another good choice for combat-oriented Earthshaker.
- Soul Ring is an alternative source of mana in the early game, allows for liberal use of Fissure.
- Tranquil Boots effectively regenerates the HP loss from Soul Ring.
- Bracer gives a good source of health, attack damage, and mana. It can also be used to chase fleeing enemies to take them down with his Enchant Totem.
- Blink Dagger is an indispensable item for Earthshaker to initiate with Echo Slam. It can also be used to chase fleeing enemies to take them down with his Enchant Totem.
- Force Staff act as a supplement to Earthshaker's mobility, as you can initiate from even further. It can also be used to escape rough situations, especially Power Cogs.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity increases mana pool and mana regeneration. The active adds an additional disable on enemy, also purges silence for a spellcaster as Earthshaker.
- Ghost Scepter can kite enemies and buy yourself time if being constantly focused by physical attackers.
- Glimmer Cape increases Earthshaker's magical resistance. The active can help himself or ally to escape when enemy has no detection.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows Earthshaker to jump into fights with Enchant Totem, giving him even greater mobility. It also provides a good boost to his stats.
- Veil of Discord can give more damage to his own abilities, and any of the allies' abilities that are affected by magic resistance.
- Refresher Orb allows Earthshaker to use his skill one more time in teamfight, providing a theoretical 9 second chain stun in late game than can even bring down the entire team. Note that the first Echo Slam usually clear up the creep wave and summons so the second one won't be as effective if used immediately.
- Lotus Orb gives you additional armor and regen. The active can purge debuff (especially silence) from you or your ally, also reflect all targeted spells.
- Scythe of Vyse offers a hard disable which is useful in late game.
- Daedalus increases damage output from Enchant Totem with raw damage and critical chance. It is an unorthodox build and favored by more combat-oriented Earthshaker builds.
- Boots of Travel is sometimes picked up during the late game.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Earthshaker's response "Play Chaos Dunk!" is a reference to the freeware RPG game Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.