Raigor Stonehoof the Earthshaker is a melee strength hero with several area of effect disables, commonly played as a ganker or initiator. Unlike most strength heroes, he is played more like an intelligence caster hero and is almost entirely reliant on his spells to inflict heavy damage. His Fissure is a versatile spell that affects enemies in a line, used to stun, inflict decent damage, and create an impassable wall of earth for a significant duration. Good usage of this can cut off chokepoints, leaving enemies with no escape routes or preventing them from chasing after endangered allies. Enchant Totem massively boosts his attack damage for one attack, and has a very short cooldown. Aftershock lets the Earthshaker deal additional damage and stun in a small area around him every time he uses one of his spells, and combos particularly well with Enchant Totem. Earthshaker's heavy AoE-centric kit is most powerful when his enemies are in large numbers and in close proximity. With his Echo Slam, he can deal heavy damage to clusters of enemies. All of Earthshaker's spells (with the exception of his ultimate) have a long casting animation, but with proper positioning, an adept Earthshaker can wreak havoc with his area-of-effect spells. Blink Dagger is an essential item for Earthshaker to be able to properly land Echo Slam within a cluster of enemies. At the same time, because of the high mana costs of his spells, he needs some form of mana sustenance. With his tremendous seismic power, the Earthshaker is never one that should be taken lightly even when he is heavily outnumbered.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Slams the ground with a mighty totem, creating an impassable ridge of stone while stunning and damaging enemy units along its line.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 1400
Fissure Length: 1350
Fissure Stun Radius: 225
Stun Duration: 1/1.25/1.5/1.75
Fissure Duration: 8
- The Fissure's effects are instantly applied within its whole area. There is no travel time.
- Fissure can stun and damage enemies up to 1575 range away (1350 range + 225 radius).
- The Fissure consists of 24 segments, which are placed in a straight line in front of Earthshaker. The segments have a collision size of 24 and a distance of 8.25 between each other.
- Flying units and units with free pathing ( Spectral Dagger, Charge of Darkness, Spin Web) are not blocked by Fissure.
- They still are fully affected by it otherwise when hit. They are pushed aside, stunned and damaged.
- Units not controlled by any player do not try to path around the Fissure, but simply walk against it as if it is not there.
- This effectively causes them to get stuck, until they change directions (e.g. when aggro-ing them).
|Empowers Earthshaker's totem, causing it to deal extra damage on the next attack.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Attack Damage Bonus: 100%/200%/300%/400%
Damage Bonus Duration: 14
Cast Range: 0 ( 900)
Travel Time: 0 ( 1.03)
- Enchant Totem only increases base attack damage and additional attack damage given by the primary attribute.
- Bonus attack damage buff is only used up upon successfully landing an attack. Missed attacks do not waste the buff.
- The jump from the Aghanim's Scepter upgrade does not disjoint projectiles.
- Earthshaker is unable turn, attack, or use any abilities or items while in the air.
- Cast animation plays while Earthshaker is in the air.
|Causes the earth to shake underfoot, adding additional damage and stuns to nearby enemy units when Earthshaker casts his abilities.|
Stun Duration: 0.6/0.9/1.2/1.5
|Shockwaves travel through the ground, damaging enemy units. Each enemy hit causes an echo to damage nearby units.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Initial Damage Radius: 575
Echo Search Radius: 575
Initial Damage: 160/210/270
Echo Damage: 40/55/70
- Echo Slam interrupts Earthshaker's channeling spells upon cast.
- Applies the initial damage instantly to all units within the initial damage radius.
- The echo search radius are centered around each unit hit by the initial damage. Echo waves are send out to every enemy unit within the search radius.
- This means the echo waves targets can be up to 1150 range away from Earthshaker upon cast.
- The echo waves travel at a speed of 550 and can be disjointed.
- Any unit killed by the Echo Slam's initial damage still releases echo waves to units around it.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Clarity potions help sustaining Earthshaker's mana in the early game, allowing him to cast Fissure's more than once, since its mana cost is relatively high and Earthshaker's mana pool is small.
- Gauntlets of Strength provides a nice boost to health and attack damage.
- Iron Branch gives basic stats and can be built into Magic Wand.
- Animal Courier should be purchased if there are no other supports on the team. However, he may need to sacrifice a few items, such as Gauntlets of Strength, or two Clarities, reducing his lane presence by a big deal.
- Infused Raindrop provides excellent protection against magical harassment, against which Earthshaker normally has no defense.
- Magic Wand can be a good source of health and mana restoration if the enemies use their abilities often, and can even be used in a pinch to get enough mana for his Fissure.
- Soul Ring is a good source of mana in the early game, allows for liberal use of Fissure.
- Bracer gives a good source of health, attack damage, and mana. It can also be used to chase fleeing enemies to take them down with his Enchant Totem.
- Arcane Boots are important to compensate for Earthshaker's low mana.
- Blink Dagger is an indispensable item for Earthshaker to initiate with. It can also be used to chase fleeing enemies to take them down with his Enchant Totem.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows Earthshaker to jump into fights with Enchant Totem, giving him even greater mobility. It's also provides a good boost to his stats.
- Veil of Discord is a cheaper, support-oriented alternative to the Aghanim's Scepter. While the stats are not as good, it can give more damage to his own abilities, and any of the allies' abilities that are affected by magic resistance.
- Force Staff fulfills a similar purpose as Blink Dagger, can be bought to supplement Earthshaker's mobility.
- Boots of Travel is sometimes picked up during the late game.
- Crystalys increases damage output from Enchant Totem with critical chance. It is favored by more combat-oriented Earthshaker builds, and can be built into Daedalus.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Guide[edit | edit source]
Counters[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Earthshaker's response "Play Chaos Dunk!" is a reference to the freeware RPG game Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden
Equipment[edit | edit source]