Traxex the Drow Ranger is a ranged agility hero whose greatest assets are her incredible damage and ability to keep threats at bay. Traxex is a carry who, though lacking survivability, provides a worthwhile contribution through her damage alone. The Drow Ranger can be extremely powerful at any point in the game.
As an agility hero, Traxex's damage is based largely on her basic attacks and is among the greatest largely due to the massive amounts of agility she gains from her passive ultimate, Marksmanship. The Drow Ranger also adds ranged damage to teammates with her global Precision Aura. Despite her lack of escape spells, Drow Ranger can keep herself relatively safe from enemy spellcasters and melee heroes using her Gust and her Frost Arrows, respectively. Frost Arrows infuses her attacks with ice, greatly slowing down her enemies. Since it can be manually cast, Frost Arrows can be used to harass her foes in the early game without drawing the creeps' attention. Gust is a great counter to enemy spellcasters as well as melee heroes as Gust pushes heroes away from Drow and prevents them from casting spells, who might threaten her life in battles. Position is of utmost importance as Traxex is quite vulnerable in close combat and the agility bonus from Marksmanship is removed when enemies come near her. This means she struggles against melee heroes with high mobility.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Adds a freezing effect to Drow's attacks, slowing enemy movement. Lasts 1.5 seconds on Heroes, and 7 seconds on creeps.|
|Cast Range: 625|
Move Speed Slow: 16%/32%/48%/64%
Hero Slow Duration: 1.5
Non-Hero Slow Duration: 7
Frost Arrows Slow: Dispellable with any dispel.
|Ice-encased arrows pierce the silence, chilling their victims to the core.|
|Releases a wave that silences and knocks back enemy units. Knockback distance is relative to how close they are to you.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 900
Travel Distance: 900
Effect Radius: 250
Knockback Duration: 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9
Silence Duration: 3/4/5/6
Wave Of Silence Knockback: Dispellable with any dispel.
Silence: Dispellable with any dispel.
|Traxex is rather fond of the tranquility of physical combat, calling on her Drow heritage to end the incantations of opposing magi.|
- Applies a silence.
- The wave travels at a speed of 2000.
- Reaches up to 1150 range away (900 travel distance + 250 radius).
- The knockback distance stays the same on all levels of Gust and is inversely proportional to the target's distance (350 at 0, 0 at 900).
- This means that while the knockback duration increases with higher levels of Gust, the knockback speed decreases.
- Units are not disabled during the knockback. They can still turn, attack and use items. Channeling items are not interrupted.
- Does not affect Roshan.
|Adds bonus damage to the physical attack of allied, ranged Hero units on the map based on a percentage of Drow's agility. Affects creeps for 30 seconds when cast.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Own Agility as Ranged Attack Damage Bonus: 20%/26%/32%/38%
Active Duration: 30
Trueshot Aura: Undispellable.
Trueshot Global: Undispellable.
|Traxex' time spent alone in the forests of her Drow home has allowed her to teach other archers how to improve their bow skills.|
- Interrupts Drow Ranger's channeling spells upon cast.
- Checks Drow Ranger's agility periodically and adapts the bonus damage instantly.
- Activating Precision Aura does not place a buff on lane creeps and summons, it instead makes the aura affect them as well.
- This means that creeps summoned or spawned after the activation still get the bonus for the remaining duration.
- Active aura persist through Drow Ranger's death, however, it does not provide the bonus during her death.
- The buff lingers for 0.5 seconds. This goes for both, the passive aura for heroes and the active aura for creeps.
- Treats creep-heroes as creeps, so they are only affected when activating the aura.
|Drow's experiences in battle improve her accuracy and effectiveness in combat, providing a passive bonus to Agility. Grants no bonus if there are enemy heroes within 400 range.|
|Enemy Hero Search Radius: 400|
Agility Bonus: 40/60/80
Splinter Search Radius: 0 ( 375)
Max Splinter Targets: 0 ( 2)
Splinter Damage Reduction: 0 ( 50%)
Marksmanship Reduction: Undispellable.
|The Drow Ranger is the epitome of archery prowess.|
- An icy particle effect is visible on Drow Ranger while Marksmanship is active.
- Checks for nearby enemy heroes (including invulnerable or hidden ones) in 0.1 second intervals and adapts the bonus accordingly.
- Effectively gives Drow Ranger 40/60/80 attack speed, 40/60/80 damage and 5.6/8.4/11.2 armor.
- This is how much extra damage Precision Aura grants in conjunction with Marksmanship's agility bonus:
- Marksmanship Level 1: 8/10.4/12.8/15.2
- Marksmanship Level 2: 12/15.6/19.2/22.8
- Marksmanship Level 3: 16/20.8/25.6/30.4
- The Aghanim's Scepter upgrade causes Drow Ranger to perform instant attacks on 2 random enemies around the primary target.
- This means the splinters are regular attacks, using Drow Ranger's 1250 projectile speed and being disjointable.
- It also means that they can proc any attack modifier or any on-hit effect like a regular attack.
- If Drow Ranger is blinded, the splinters can miss, unless she has True Strike. They can also miss to evasion.
- The splinters originate from the primary target's location, not Drow Ranger's location.
- Since the splinters are independent attacks, their damage does not depend on how much damage the primary target took.
- The damage penalty only applies to the attack damage and any bonuses. Damage dealt in separate instances is unaffected.
- When using Frost Arrows manually, then the resulting splinters apply the slow as well.
- However, when using autocast, the splinters only apply it when having it on autocast as the splinters hit their target.
- Either way (be it manually used, or via autocast), it drains mana upon hitting the target, and not upon splintering.
- Therefore, it only drains mana upon successfully hitting the splinter targets. Missed attacks do not drain mana.
- The splinter arrows do not target couriers, buildings and wards as splinter targets, but can splinter off of them to nearby valid targets.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Healing Salve gives Drow Ranger a massive boost of health regeneration in one go.
- Tangos help providing Drow Ranger with health regeneration in the early game.
- Slippers of Agility provide a boost to Drow Ranger's primary attribute: agility; allowing for easier last hitting and more damage when attacking enemy heroes.
- Iron Branches provide a boost to all of Drow Ranger's attributes, which can be helpful in the lane.
- Boots of Speed give Drow Ranger a speed boost which can be helpful for getting around.
- Magic Stick can be a good idea to pick up if the enemy is using a lot of spells, meaning Drow Ranger can use the stick charges in emergency.
- Ring of Aquila provides Drow Ranger with bonus attributes which can be helpful in the early game. It can be sold in the late game.
- Tome of Knowledge helps Drow Ranger reach the crucial levels for her ultimate.
- Magic Wand can be a good idea to upgrade to from the Magic Stick to take further advantage of enemy spell casting, in case of emergency.
- Power Treads provide Drow Ranger with attack speed and additional attributes.
- Morbid Mask's lifesteal keeps Drow Ranger on the field, allowing her to farm continuously.
- Dragon Lance provides useful stats for a highly cost effective price, and the increased range allows Drow Ranger to easily achieve good positioning. It also lets her outrange towers, letting her destroy them without much risk.
- Shadow Blade provides an escape for Drow Ranger, who does not have a built in escape. It also provides some useful attack speed and damage.
- Manta Style provides Drow Ranger with mobility, stats, the ability to disjoint projectiles and create illusions of herself. Because her illusions benefit from Marksmanship, Manta Style provides Drow Ranger with a large damage increase, especially when sieging buildings.
- Mask of Madness is a good source of lifesteal, and is useful for farming. It also provides a nice boost to Drow Ranger's attack and movement speed.
- Silver Edge is a natural next step to Shadow Blade, and can be very effective in ganking.
- Helm of the Dominator provides another good source of lifesteal. Drow Ranger can also take control of creeps, and use them for stacking camps.
- Monkey King Bar provides an excellent damage and attack speed boost, as well as a counter against evasion heroes. However, it has no defensive boosts, and makes Drow Ranger into even more of a glass cannon.
- Butterfly provides ever-useful agility for Drow Ranger. It is usually picked up to help Drow Ranger defend against efficient backline attackers.
- Daedalus provides Drow Ranger with a critical strike chance, which synergizes well with the attack speed and damage she gets from her abilities, maximizing her DPS.
- Black King Bar is important if Drow Ranger is facing a team with many disables, giving her enough time to deal at least some damage.
- Satanic provides Drow Ranger with a huge amount of lifesteal for a short period of time, allowing Drow Ranger to stand her ground and regain practically all of her health with just a few shots.
- The lifesteal effect is a Unique Attack Modifier and only works when Drow Ranger does not cast Frost Arrows.
- Hurricane Pike builds naturally from Dragon Lance, and is very useful in keeping distance between Drow Ranger and her enemies.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Traxex's original design was slightly different from the one now; aside from the same hood, her white hair was not present, and her eyes were completely white. Her outfit was also slightly more revealing.
- From her transition to Dota2, the name of her aura changed from "Trueshot Aura" to "Precision Aura".