Davion, the Dragon Knight, is a durable melee strength hero with a relatively straightforward and yet versatile skill set. He has both an area-of-effect nuke and a lengthy single-target stun, giving him excellent farming and ganking capabilities. Though he has no real escape ability, his Dragon Blood provides him a hefty amount of armor and regen, making him capable of withstanding strong physical hits and recovering quickly. He is still very vulnerable in the early game, however, and needs to farm and stay alive in order to be effective in later stages. If he has enough levels and farm, Dragon Knight is very formidable in the late game due to his strong ultimate, Elder Dragon Form, which transforms him into a legendary dragon with a ranged attack, capable of eliminating multiple enemies at once.
|Davion, the Dragon Knight|
|Play "The Dragon Slyrak sleeps within this armor, and the knight within the Dragon waits. Beware you do not wake them both."|
|Role:||Carry / Pusher / Durable / Disabler / Initiator / Nuker|
|Lore:||After years on the trail of a legendary Eldwurm, the skilled dragon-slayer found himself facing a disappointing foe: the dreaded Slyrak had grown ancient and frail, its wings tattered, its few remaining scales stricken with scale-rot, its fangs ground to nubs, and its fire-gouts no more threatening than a pack of wet matchsticks. Seeing no honor to be gained in dragon-murder, the young knight prepared to turn away and leave his old foe to die in peace. But a voice crept into his thoughts, and Slyrak gave a whispered plea that the knight might honor him with death in combat. The knight agreed, and found himself rewarded beyond expectation for his act of mercy: As he sank his blade in Slyrak's breast, the dragon sank a claw into his throat. As their blood mingled, Slyrak sent his power out along the Blood Route, offering all its strength and centuries of wisdom to the knight. The dragon's death sealed their bond, and Dragon Knight was born. The ancient power slumbers in the knight, waking when he calls it; or perhaps it is the Dragon that calls the Knight...|
|Voice:||Tony Todd (Responses)|
- Breathe Fire travels at a speed of 1050.
- Can damage and units up to 900 range away (travel distance + end radius).
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Only reduces base damage and that given by the primary attribute of affected units. Raw bonus damage is not reduced.
- Has a cast backswing of 0.5 seconds while in Elder Dragon Form.
- Directly increases health regeneration, so it restores 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2 ( 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4) health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Also gives Dragon Knight ranged attack properties. His attack projectiles travel at a speed of 900.
- Level 1 transforms him into a green dragon, level 2 into a red dragon, and level 3 into a blue dragon.
- Elder Dragon Form is fully canceled on death. The Dragon Form buff is hidden, only the 3 attack modifier buffs are displayed.
- Successive casts of Elder Dragon Form refresh the duration and update the form, if the spell was leveled up between casts.
- While in Elder Dragon Form, Dragon Knight gains the following attack modifiers through undispellable buffs:
- Corrosive Breath: (Available for Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Damage Type: Magical
- Damage per Second: 20
- Duration: 5
- Places a , which deals damage in 1 second intervals, starting 1 second after the debuff is applied, resulting in 5 instances.
- When on level 2 or 3, the debuff is applied to all enemies within the max splash radius.
- Can deal up to 100 damage to a unit (before reductions).
- Does not work against wards, works against allied units.
- Corrosive Breath fully affects buildings, meaning it can also be used to deny allied towers. However, buildings are only debuffed when directly attacked.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the debuff is not applied within the radius.
- Splash Attack: (Available for Level 2 & level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Damage Type: Physical
- 100% Splash Radius: 150
- 75% Splash Radius: 225
- 50% Splash Radius: 300
- Frost Breath: (Available for Level 3 Elder Dragon Form)
- Slow Radius: 300
- Move Speed Slow: 30%
- Attack Speed Slow: 30
- Slow Duration: 3
- Does not work against wards, buildings, or allied units.
- Successive hits do not stack, but refresh the duration.
- When an attack misses or is disjointed, the slow is not applied within the radius.
|2x Dragon Blood Regen/Armor||25||+75 Movement Speed|
|+300 Health||20||+120 Gold/Min|
|+40 Damage||15||+40% XP Gain|
|+30 Attack Speed||10||+10 Strength|
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- Gold granted from the talent is unreliable gold.
- Tango. One is usually enough, as Dragon Blood can keep him in lane with minimum health regeneration.
- Quelling Blade makes last hitting easier, which is very important for a carry.
- Clarity is needed because of Dragon Knight's poor mana pool.
- Gauntlets of Strength grant more health, and can be used to build a Bracer.
- Iron Branch gives nice attributes, and can be used to build a Magic Wand.
- Boots of Speed are compulsory because of the early speed boost they give.
- Magic Stick provides you with some regeneration while laning.
- Bracer is a good early game item: it gives more attributes and some damage.
- Soul Ring is a useful item on Dragon Knight, as it allows him to farm using Breathe Fire constantly. The extra health regeneration from Soul Ring together with the regeneration from Dragon Blood offset the health loss.
- Power Treads are useful not only because of the attack speed they give, but also because you can switch the attribute to Intelligence if you need more mana, usually just before using an ability; otherwise you can keep them on Strength to make you more durable and to make last hitting easier.
- Magic Wand provides you with more attributes and good health and mana regeneration. Also, it uses up the branches bought earlier, making room for more items while keeping their stats.
- Black King Bar is a crucial item to have in most games to prevent being disabled. With the added survivability, damage and magic immunity, you become more durable and able to jump into the fight with less risk of dying.
- Heart of Tarrasque is the best item to buy if you need to be tankier. Not only does it provide you with a massive HP boost and a passive ability to gain health more quickly, but it also adds 45 damage.
- Heaven's Halberd is a good item both offensively and defensively: it gives more damage, more strength and some evasion. Its maim is nice for chasing enemies, and its disarm is a nice counter to auto-attackers and carries.
- Shadow Blade gives good mobility, and is a favorite for ganking players. The stealth allows you to initiate using your stun, and the bonus damage coming out of stealth is also helpful.
- Helm of the Dominator gives attack speed, +4 to all stats and extra HP regen, as well as an aura which helps increase your team's durability. Due to the changes in 7.00, it no longer builds into Satanic so isn't a core item anymore.
- Blink Dagger assists with Dragon Knight's mobility problem and allows him to initiate with Dragon Tail.
- However, if your team already has an initiator and you do not need to initiate, Sange and Yasha works just as well and provides more durability.
- Armlet of Mordiggian gives damage, attack speed, and a nice boost in strength when activated; significantly increasing Dragon Knight's carry potential. His HP regen from Dragon Blood also assists in negating the Armlet HP degeneration. Armlet is also good in conjunction with Satanic, allowing DK to become an extremely durable carry.
- Assault Cuirass gives attack speed and armor to you and surrounding allies. It also places a debuff on enemies, making them easier to kill. It is a good item if you have many auto-attackers in your team.
- Pipe of Insight give more survivability and tankiness for both you and your team against magic damage, the bonus health regen is also very useful.
- Maelstrom and its upgrade Mjollnir supplements Dragon Knight's damage output and provides a useful deterrent against attacking enemies.
- Satanic grants a sizeable strength boost, as well as damage and 25% lifesteal, significantly increasing Dragon Knight's survivability. A good item to build if using an Armlet of Mordiggian
- Daedalus makes you deal more damage, and gives you the chance to make critical hits.
- Desolator improves Dragon Knight's tower pushing and increases his damage. It also synergizes with an Assault Cuirass pickup and creates a huge armor disparity.
- Sange and Yasha provides you with more strength, more agility, more damage and more attack speed. Other than this, the added movement speed and its greater maim make chasing enemies easier.
- Eye of Skadi provides a slow that stacks with lifesteal from Satanic and Mask of Madness. It also pierces spell immunity, like the Frost Breath from your level 3 Dragon Form. Cold Attack combined with Frost Breath reduces an enemy's damage output significantly and makes it hard for enemy heroes to disengage from a fight once they are attacked by Dragon Knight. It also provides a huge health boost rivaling Heart of Tarrasque and can be considered as an offense oriented replacement as it also provides intelligence that helps with your mana consumption, and agility which gives attack speed for more DPS and armor that increases your overall effective health.
- Moon Shard can be considered as a final luxury when your team is far ahead.
- In DotA, Dragon Knight's fun name was Trogdor, a character that first appeared in episode 58 of the “Strong Bad e-mail” show on the website HomestarRunner.com.
- He also has an alternate name when he transforms with his ultimate in DotA, in which he is named "Arc Honist".