| Divine Rapier
|So powerful, it cannot have a single owner.
The Divine Rapier is an Item listed at the Main Shop, under Weapons. However, it is assembled entirely with items from the Secret Shop.
- This item drops when its wielder dies, unless it has Reincarnation.
- Divine Rapier cannot be destroyed or sold.
- Couriers can be used to buy a Divine Rapier, but they cannot pick rapiers up from the ground.
- Divine Rapier has two states:
- Original Rapier: initial state upon buying the item
- Free Rapier: state after being picked up by an enemy once
|| Manually droppable
|| Drops on death
|| Damage bonus
| Original Rapier
|| Only for purchasing hero
| Free Rapier
|| The hero who claims it
- Wraith King is possibly the safest user for a Rapier now that Arc Warden's Tempest Double no longer copies it, since Wraith King has two lives.
- One known combo is purchasing an Aghanim's Scepter, Black King Bar and then a Rapier. Once you lose both your lifes, pop BKB and start teleporting back to base, allowing your team to keep the rapier. This should not be done if the enemy have anybody with a bash or BKB-piercing stun, since they will mess up the combo and making you drop the Rapier.
- Because of Borrowed Time, Abaddon has a similar reason to hold Divine Rapier. However, beware that both Wraith King and Abaddon can be easily kited.
- Medusa can be a very good carrier of the Rapier, since she can attack up to five targets with almost no damage reduction and can survive a lot thanks to her Mana Shield. Mind that only when Medusa is tanky enough to absorb massive damage can she hold the Rapier for long.
- Gyrocopter, like Medusa, can attack the entire enemy team at once with full damage, so a Rapier gives him a massive increase in damage output. However Gyrocopter has no means of keeping himself alive except for lifesteal, so a Divine Rapier should be purchased only in the most desperate of situations.
- Ember Spirit can deal extreme damage to the enemy team when using Sleight of Fist, especially combined with Battle Fury and Daedalus. He is also elusive and hard to catch by putting Fire Remnant behind. Because Ember Spirit doesn't need other items to stay in battlefield, it is possible for him to hold two, even three, Divine Rapiers at a time.
- Kunkka can do extreme damage to the entire enemy team when he combines Divine Rapier and Daedalus with his Tidebringer, even more so if he has multiple Divine Rapiers. He can keep himself alive by applying X Marks the Spot on himself and attack the enemies then use X Marks the Spot again to get back to safety.
- Weaver is a valid carrier of Rapier due to his extreme elusiveness from Shukuchi and Time Lapse, and can tear up support in two hits from Geminate Attack. However Weaver needs someone else to tank for him in this case, so the situation needs to be carefully judged.
- With Divine Rapier, Windranger with Blink Dagger and Aghanim's Scepter can pick off anyone bonded by a 3.5 second Shackleshot by casting Focus Fire. Her Windrun can protect her by some extent, but when get caught out of position Windranger is still fairly fragile.
- Phantom Assassin can output absurd amount of single-target damage thanks to her Coup de Grace. Together with lockdown items such as Abyssal Blade she can kill most heroes if her passive procs, also deal colossal damage by her Stifling Dagger. Beware that she is still vulnerable to controls and magical bursts, as well as Monkey King Bar.
- Sniper excels at dealing damage from a safe distance. Under his teammates' protection, Sniper can output massive damage from behind when holding Divine Rapier. Yet Sniper is fairly fragile, and one single negligence could feed the Rapier to enemy.
- Although it is a very expensive item, it is the most cost-effective damage item. Keep it in mind when your team is losing, Divine Rapier is a great last-stand item under such conditions.
- No matter what, Divine Rapier should always be considered a purely situational item and never a core, since it can result in throwing the game. Also, before getting it, make sure the rest of the team agrees with the purchase as to not provoke possible flaming afterwards.
- Some heroes can utilize Divine Rapier much better than others by dealing splash damage or having better output environment. Even if enemy carry snatched the Rapier, it is not the end of the game.
- As mentioned above, it is a good choice for valid Rapier-holders to buy a second Rapier in stash so that after possible death they still have another Rapier to use.