| Divine Rapier
|So powerful, it cannot have a single owner.
The Divine Rapier is an Item listed at the Main Shop, under Weapons. However, it is assembled entirely with items from the Secret Shop.
- This item drops when its wielder dies, unless it has Reincarnation.
- Divine Rapier cannot be destroyed or sold.
- Couriers can be used to buy a Divine Rapier, but they cannot pick rapiers up from the ground.
- Divine Rapier has two states:
- Original Rapier: initial state upon buying the item
- Free Rapier: state after being picked up by an enemy once
|| Manually droppable
|| Drops on death
|| Damage bonus
| Original Rapier
|| Only for purchasing hero
| Free Rapier
|| The hero who claims it
- Wraith King is possibly the safest user for a Rapier now that Arc Warden's Tempest Double no longer copies it, since Wraith King has two lives (do not try this against Anti-Mage, since he can burn away your mana even later in the game). One known combo is purchasing an Aghanim's Scepter, Black King Bar and then a Rapier. Once you lose both your lifes, pop BKB and start teleporting back to base, allowing your team to keep the rapier. This should not be done if the enemy have anybody with a bash or BKB-piercing stun, since they will mess up the combo and making you drop the Rapier.
- Medusa can be a very good carrier of the Rapier, since she can attack up to five targets with almost no damage reduction and can survive a lot thanks to her Mana Shield. Do not buy a rapier unless you need it to end the game or if things are looking very bad for your team, since buying a rapier while ahead can result in you losing it and throwing the game for no reason.
- Gyrocopter, like Medusa, can attack the entire enemy team at once with full damage, so a Rapier gives him a massive increase in damage output. However, unlike the other three covered here, Gyrocopter has no means of keeping himself alive except for lifesteal, so a Divine Rapier should be purchased only in the most desperate of situations.
- Kunkka can do extreme damage to the entire enemy team when he combines Divine Rapier and Daedalus with his Tidebringer. He can keep himself alive by aplying X Marks the Spot on himself and attack the enemies then use X Marks the Spot again to get back to safety.
- Ember Spirit
- Although it is a very expensive item, it is the most cost-effective damage item. Keep it in mind when your team is losing, Divine Rapier is a great last-stand item under such conditions.
- No matter what, Divine Rapier should always be considered a purely situational item and never a core, since it can result in throwing the game. Also, before getting it, make sure the rest of the team agrees with the purchase as to not provoke possible flaming afterwards.