19 + 1.9
15 + 1.4
22 + 2.5
Disruptor the Stormcrafter is a ranged intelligence Hero who requires good positioning to use his abilities effectively. His signature ability is Kinetic Field, a pseudo-disable that traps enemies within a small area for a long duration. Combined with his Static Storm, Disruptor can act as the initiator for a teamfight, or supplement his teammates' initiation very well. Glimpse is another powerful spell that forces enemies to watch their movements, as Disruptor can easily drag them back to a previous location to be focused down. Thunder Strike provides Disruptor with some reliable single-target damage, but more importantly grants vision on the target to prevent jukes and escapes.
| Disruptor, the Stormcrafter
| Play "By stormcraft, I shall lay my enemies low."
|| Nuker / Support / Initiator / Disabler
|| High on the wind-ravaged steppes of Druud, a gifted young stormcrafter called Disruptor was the first to unlock the secrets of the summer squalls. Constantly under assault from both seasonal storms and encroachment from civilized kingdoms to the South, the upland Oglodi have for centuries struggled to subsist atop the endless tablelands. They are the fractured remnant of a once-great civilization—a fallen tribe, their stormcraft strange and inscrutable, cobbled together from scraps of lost knowledge which even they no longer fully understand. For those on the high plain, weather has become a kind of religion, worshiped as both the giver and taker of life. But the electrical storms that bring life-sustaining rains arrive at a cost, and many are the charred and smoking corpses left in their wake.
Although small for his kind, Disruptor is fearless, and driven by an insatiable curiosity. As a youth, while still unblooded and without a stryder, he explored the ruins of the ancestral cities—searching through collapsed and long-moldering libraries, rummaging through rusting manufactories. He took what he needed and returned to his tribe. Adapting a coil of ancient design, he harnessed the power of electrical differential and now calls down the thunder whenever he wishes. Part magic, part craftsmanship, his coils hold in their glowing plates the power of life and death—a power wielded with precision against the landed castes to the South, and any interlopers who cross into ancient Oglodi lands.
|| Fred Tatasciore (Responses)
- When the target avoids the damage by turning invulnerable or hidden, it still will deal damage around it.
- Provides ground vision as big as the target's vision range around the target for the duration.
- Does not provide vision when the target turns invisible. Damage is still applied though.
- Always provides 400 range ground vision for 3.34 seconds at the last location when the debuff expires or is removed.
- Strikes the target in 2 second intervals, starting immediatly as the debuff is placed, resulting in 4 strikes.
- Can deal up to 160/240/320/400 damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Glimpse does not instantly move the target back.
- The location at which the target will land after Glimpse is marked with a blue visual effect which is visible to everyone.
- A projectile spawns from the target which travels towards the mark at a speed of 600, or reaches it in 1.8 seconds, whichever is faster.
- The projectile provides 300 range flying vision while traveling, which lingers for 3.34 seconds at the marked location.
- Glimpse cannot be dispelled by anything, not even death. When the target dies and respawns before Glimpse finishes, it still will be moved.
- Although being undispellable by anything, it will not move spell immune units, but it can move invulnerable, hidden or even dead units.
- Following the general rule of position changing effects (last effect overrides previous ones), this means it can cancel e.g. Time Walk or Ball Lightning.
- The target is given a stop command as soon as it's moved back, effectively canceling channeling spells.
- The effect delay is not included in the the field's duration. The actual duration starts right after the delay.
- The visual and sound effects during the effect delay are visible and audible to everyone.
- Only prevents enemies from walking out of or into the area. Movement effects from spells are not prevented and can thus get units in or out.
- The only exception here is Force Staff. Once the field is formed, enemies in in the field cannot be "forced out", but they can still be "forced in".
- The closer enemy units get to the barrier, the slower they will move towards the barrier, eventually coming to a full stop. It directly affects their movement speed.
- Provides 325 range ground vision at the center of the area during the effect delay and the field's duration.
- The silence is provided by an aura, so the silence lingers for 0.5 seconds.
- Deals damage in 0.25 second intervals, resulting in 20 (28) damage instances.
- This is how much damage each interval deals (before reductions) on each level (the part in brackets are dealt when Aghanim's Scepter is acquired):
- Level 1: 2/5/7/10/12/15/17/20/22/25/27/30/32/35/37/40/42/45/47/50(/52/55/57/60/62/65/67/70) damage
- Level 2: 3/6/9/12/15/18/21/25/28/31/34/37/40/43/46/50/53/56/59/62(/65/68/71/75/78/81/84/87) damage
- Level 3: 3/7/11/15/18/22/26/30/33/37/41/45/48/52/56/60/63/67/71/75(/78/82/86/90/93/97/101/105) damage
- Can deal up to 520/648/780 (1009/1257/1512*) damage to a single unit (before reductions).
- Tangos and a Healing Salve give health sustain so that you can last longer in lane without going back to base.
- Iron Branches will cheaply boost your naturally low stats.
- Clarities will keep your mana up as your Thunder Strike is really mana dependent.
- You should buy the Animal Courier for the team if nobody else has already got it, and eventually, the Flying Courier, as you are usually going to be one of the less farm reliant members of your team.
- Boots of Speed is always good for any hero. 50 movement speed makes a big difference when running away or chasing.
- Magic Stick lets you get back some health and mana if you are getting harassed a lot in lane by your opponent's abilities.
- A Bracer is also a cost-effective way to get some more survivability.
- Arcane Boots is good for supporting your team, as well as allowing you to use your spells and active items a lot more often.
- Magic Wand is needed if you are still getting harassed or just for normal lane fights. It also allows you to use your Iron Branches instead of selling them.
- Mekansm is a very recommended teamfight item because you can give your team that extra needed health and armor to finish off your enemies. It is generally recommended for one team member to purchase one, and Disruptor has little need for items so he is a good candidate to purchase it.
- Observer Wards gives you and your team a big advantage since you can place them on strategic places, so your team can gank the enemy, hunt them down or see them when they're coming to gank you.
- A Town Portal Scroll allows you to be at any lane for a gank, countergank, or push in seconds.
- Aghanim's Scepter on Disruptor makes his ultimate mute enemies, meaning they cannot cast spells OR use items as long as they are in the ultimate. As such, purchasing Scepter effectively makes Static Storm an AoE Doom for a few seconds. With good timing, this can be used to prevent an enemy from activating a Black King Bar.
- Blink Dagger can be used to initiate with Kinetic Field and Static Storm.
- Disruptor has no escape abilities so Force Staff lets him get out of bad situations when needed.
- Shiva's Guard is recommended for teamfights since its Freezing Aura reduces enemies' attack speed and the Arctic Blast damages them and slows their movement speed.
- Pipe of Insight grants you and your allies protection from magic damage, as well as a healing aura.
- Necronomicon allows you to do much more damage to enemies caught in your Kinetic Field, as well as push towers, which Disruptor has little ability to do on his own. The stats are also useful.
- Veil of Discord can be used to amplify the magic damage enemies take. Veil is most effective if your team has other sources of magic damage.
- Flying Courier is an important team item that should be bought by a support as soon as possible.
- The vision granted on Thunder Strike's target is great for negating jukes, and at later levels Glimpse can ensure an enemy cannot escape.
- If you see an enemy teleporting to a tower, Glimpse can send them right back where they started. This can be crucial to cut off reinforcements when tower-diving.
- Kinetic Field's formation time is significant, so try and combine it with allied disables to ensure capture.
- A mark will indicate where a Glimpsed target will return, so you can cast Kinetic Field around the mark to ensure capture.
- If you can trap 3 or more enemies inside a Kinetic Field/Static Storm combo you will shift the tide of battle greatly in your team's favor as the enemies will be left without their arsenal of spells and will take significant damage over time. This is usually better achieved as a follow up to another initiation such as Magnus's Reverse Polarity, Enigma's Black Hole or Dark Seer's Vacuum.
- Due to its low starting damage, Static Storm will also benefit from an allied initiation before placement.
- Static Storm can act as an instant silence thanks to Disruptor's miniscule castpoint. Use it to interrupt channeling abilities.
- When casting Thunder Strike on an enemy hero, try to remember where your target was standing upon cast. Thunder Strike's 3rd strike happens exactly 4 seconds after cast and Glimpse sends the target back to where it was 4 seconds ago. So casting Glimpse as the 3rd strike happens will send it back to where the target was as you used Thunder Strike on it.
- It is better to cast Static Storm first before Kinetic Field or at the same time to prevent heroes with Blink Dagger or a similar ability from escaping and to ensure that enemy heroes will stay in the Storm the longest amount of duration possible. By casting Kinetic Field just before enemy heroes are about to try and leave the AOE, the duration of Static Storm is maximized. If you also have an Aghanim's Scepter, it will prevent enemy heroes from using Black King Bar or Pipe of Insight.
- When first released in DotA his hero title was actually "Far Seer" which is a hero title belonging to the Orc faction in Warcraft III. His title was changed to Disruptor, since the Far Seer title did not fit him.
- In DotA, his name and title is Thrall, the Disruptor. Thrall is best known as the former warchief of the Orcish Horde in the Warcraft universe. His name and title got changed to Disruptor, the Stormcrafter for copyright reasons.
- Disruptor's lore reveals that his race is called the Oglodi, while his voicelines confirm that Axe and Warlock are of the same race as he is.
- His kill response Play "You've been disrupted." is a reference to the famous AC-DC song "Thunderstruck".
- His last hitting response Play "So it goes." is a reference to a famous quote by Kurt Vonnegut in his book Slaughterhouse-Five, and is meant as a response for when death occurs.
July 18, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Hammer, Gods Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.
March 21, 2013 Patch
October 18, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Glimpse interaction with invulnerable units.
July 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Glimpse affecting Warlock's Golem and Spirit Bear.
July 12, 2012 Patch
- Enabled Templar Assassin, Disruptor and Undying in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Kinetic Field sometimes causing heroes to fail to attack a hero who is being trapped in the field.
July 05, 2012 Patch
- Rescaled manacost from 160/130/100/70 to 100 on each level.
- Reduced cooldown from 65/50/35/20 to 60/46/32/18.
- Reduced Kinetic Field cooldown from 14/13/12/11 to 13/12/11/10.
- Rescaled Static Storm cooldown from 85 on each level to 90/80/70.
- Reduced Glimpse cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 65/50/35/20.
- Increased Kinetic Field radius from 300 to 325.
- Static Storm
- Increased radius from 375 to 450.
- Increased maximum damage per second from 170/220/270 to 200/250/300.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Disruptor: Increases Static Storm duration from 5 to 7, increases maximum damage per second from 200/250/300 to 280/350/420 and causes it to mute items.
- Thunder Strike
- Increased number of strikes from 3 to 4 (interval is still the same).
- This increases the overall duration from 4 to 6 seconds.
- Reduced damage per strike from 50/75/100/125 to 40/60/80/100.
- Increased damage radius from 200 to 240.
- Increased Thunder Strike manacost form 100/110/120/130 to 130 on each level.
- ↑ Far Seer from Warcraft 3.
- ↑ Former Orcs warchief Thrall.