Disruptor the Stormcrafter is a ranged intelligence Hero who requires good positioning to use his abilities effectively. His signature ability is Kinetic Field, a pseudo-disable that traps enemies within a small area for a long duration. Combined with his Static Storm, Disruptor can act as the initiator for a teamfight, or supplement his teammates' initiation very well. Glimpse is another powerful spell that forces enemies to watch their movements, as Disruptor can easily drag them back to a previous location to be focused down. Thunder Strike provides Disruptor with some reliable single-target damage, but more importantly grants vision on the target to prevent jukes and escapes.
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
- The vision granted on Thunder Strike's target is great for negating jukes, and at later levels Glimpse can ensure an enemy cannot escape.
- If you see an enemy teleporting to a tower, Glimpse can send them right back where they started. This can be crucial to cut off reinforcements when tower-diving.
- Kinetic Field's formation time is significant, so try and combine it with allied disables to ensure capture.
- A mark will indicate where a Glimpsed target will return, so you can cast Kinetic Field around the mark to ensure capture.
- If you can trap 3 or more enemies inside a Kinetic Field/Static Storm combo you will shift the tide of battle greatly in your team's favor as the enemies will be left without their arsenal of spells and will take significant damage over time. This is usually better achieved as a follow up to another initiation such as Magnus's Reverse Polarity or Dark Seer's Vacuum.
- Due to its low starting damage, Static Storm will also benefit from an allied initiation before placement.
- Static Storm can act as an instant silence thanks to Disruptor's miniscule castpoint. Use it to interrupt channeling abilities.
- When casting Thunder Strike on an enemy hero, try to remember where your target was standing upon cast. Thunder Strike's 3rd strike happens exactly 4 seconds after cast and Glimpse sends the target back to where it was 4 seconds ago. So casting Glimpse as the 3rd strike happens will send it back to where the target was as you used Thunder Strike on it.
- It is better to cast Static Storm first before Kinetic Field or at the same time to prevent heroes with Blink Dagger or a similar ability from escaping and to ensure that enemy heroes will stay in the Storm the longest amount of duration possible. By casting Kinetic Field just before enemy heroes are about to try and leave the AOE, the duration of Static Storm is maximized. If you also have an Aghanim's Scepter, it will prevent enemy heroes from using Black King Bar or Pipe of Insight.
- When first released in DotA his hero title was actually "Far Seer" which is a hero title belonging to the Orc faction in Warcraft III. His title was changed to Disruptor, since the Far Seer title did not fit him.
- In DotA, his name and title is Thrall, the Disruptor. Thrall is best known as the former warchief of the Orcish Horde in the Warcraft universe. His name and title got changed to Disruptor, the Stormcrafter for copyright reasons.
- Disruptor's lore reveals that his race is called the Oglodi, while his voicelines confirm that Axe and Warlock are of the same race as he is.
- His kill response Play "You've been disrupted." is a reference to the famous AC-DC song "Thunderstruck".
- His last hitting response Play "So it goes." is a reference to a famous quote by Kurt Vonnegut in his book Slaughterhouse-Five, and is meant as a response for when death occurs.
- Fixed Backswing behavior for: Soul Rip, Tombstone, Cold Feet, Ice Vortex, Chilling Touch, Enfeeble, Shallow Grave, Thunder Strike, Kinetic Field, Static Storm, Malefice, Midnight Pulse, Howl, Stifling Dagger, Static Link, Shrapnel, Psionic Trap, Whirling Axes (Ranged), Storm Hammer, Gods Strength, Wave of Terror, Venomous Gale, Shadow Word, Fatal Bonds, The Swarm, Time Lapse, Maledict, Overpower and Ice Shards.
- Fixed Glimpse interaction with invulnerable units.
- Fixed Glimpse affecting Warlock's Golem and Spirit Bear.
- Enabled Templar Assassin, Disruptor and Undying in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Kinetic Field sometimes causing heroes to fail to attack a hero who is being trapped in the field.
- Added Disruptor and Undying!
- mana cost rescaled from 160/130/100/70 to 100
- cooldown reduced from 65/50/35/20 to 60/46/32/18
- Kinetic Field cooldown reduced from 14/13/12/11 to 13/12/11/10
- Static Storm cooldown from 85 to 90/80/70
- Kinetic Field cooldown reduced from 14 to 14/13/12/11.
- Kinetic Field AoE increased from 300 to 325.
- Glimpse cooldown reduced from 60/50/40/30 to 65/50/35/20.
- Static Storm
- AoE increased from 375 to 450.
- Max damage increased from 170/220/270 to 200/250/300.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade: Static Storm silences items, and lasts an extra 2 seconds.
- Thunder Strike
- From 3 strikes over 4 seconds to 4 strikes over 6 seconds.
- Damage per strike decreased from 50/75/100/125 to 40/60/80/100.
- AoE increased from 200 to 240.
- Static Storm max damage increased from 170/210/250 to 170/220/270.
- Force Staff no longer pushes through Kinetic Field.
- Added to Captain's Mode.
- Static Storm cooldown increased from 75 to 85.
- Thunder Strike manacost increased from 100/110/120/130 to 130.
- Static Storm cooldown increased from 60 to 75.