From Dota 2 Wiki
| Diffusal Blade|
|An enchanted blade that allows the user to cut straight into the enemy's soul.|
- The item does not disappear upon using up all charges.
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and refreshes the charge counter back to 8. Can be upgraded only once.
- This means the charges cannot be refreshed a second time. A new Diffusal Blade has to be bought in order to get new charges.
- The total gold cost for each level is 3150/3850.
- One Diffusal Blade grants the following on each level:
- Level 1: 3.57 armor, 25 attack speed, 110 mana, 0.4 mana regeneration and 0.71% spell damage (and 25 attack damage to agility heroes, or 10 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Level 2: 5 armor, 35 attack speed, 165 mana, 0.6 mana regeneration and 1.07% spell damage (and 35 attack damage to agility heroes, or 15 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast.
- The dispel is applied first, followed by the slow.
- Can be cast on invulnerable units.
- The slow decreases in 0.8 second intervals, so it slows for 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%, going one step down every 0.8 seconds.
- When cast on non-hero units, it roots the target for the initial 3 seconds, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- The damage is directly added to the owner's attack damage.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Does not work against allied units when attacking them.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Effectively increases a hero's attack damage by 40 against units which have enough mana to burn.
Recommended heroesPhantom Lancer
- In conjunction with Juxtapose, Spirit Lance and Doppelganger, 14 illusions plus Phantom Lancer himself will deal a total of 274 Mana Burn per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. 306 if Manta Style illusions are included.
- Purge complements his Spirit Lance, providing a total of 7.25 seconds slow and removing enemy buffs.
- The Manabreak + 25/35 agility will equate to 65/75 additional physical damage per attack.
- Purge can be used to slow heroes he attacked with Blink Strike, allowing him to get more hits from behind while chasing his target and keeping his target inside Smoke Screen much longer.
- While channeling Tricks of the Trade every enemy hit will be affected by Manabreak. This can prevent multiple enemy heroes from casting mana-heavy spells because they don't have enough mana left.
- Manabreak gives Illusions from Haunt an additional damage source. It also ensures every enemy hero hit by her Haunt-illusions has less mana available.
- Purge allows Spectre to slow enemies she caught with Reality.
- With Manabreak Naga Siren and all her Mirror Images drain a total of 98 mana per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. The added agility also increases the damage of her illusions.
- Purge is also an effective slow for situations in which Ensnare is not usable.
Effective againstWraith King
- Manabreak can be used to drain Wraith King's mana, which results in him being unable to use Reincarnation when he dies (unless Wraith King buys a Black King Bar or chooses his manaless Reincarnation level 25 talent). Remember that Manabreak's effectiveness is tied to your own attack speed; if your hero has a slow attack speed, consider buying a Manta Style using Necronomicon to drain Wraith King's mana faster.
- Manabreak can deal more effective Damage against Medusa since it depletes her mana pool directly, so that Mana Shield blocks less damage.
- If enemies are using Ghost Scepter to survive against you, Purge can be used to dispel Ghost Form, allowing you to once again attack them.
- The Diffusal's active apply the most powerful slow of the game but has a limited amount of use that can only be refreshed after upgrading it. It is better to consume all the charges before upgrading it.
- In light of this, if you expect your Level 1 Diffusal to run out of charges in the middle of a fight, lock the Diffusal and buy the recipe beforehand. Unlock it in the middle of a fight once you run out of charges.
- Combine it with a Mask of Madness to get both of the most cost effective DPS items in the game, to burn mana much quicker with the attack speed and lifesteal from the mana burned. The active of the Diffusal Blade will slow your target to hit more.
- It is a good item combined with a Manta Style because illusions carry over Manabreak, increasing damage output. Combine this with Moon Shard (works on illusions if not consumed) to burn mana much quicker and increase DPS even more.
- The Diffusal movement slow allow to hit and run enemy melee heroes as ranged.
- The Manabreak passive used to be called Feedback and got changed at some point without notification.