From Dota 2 Wiki
|An enchanted blade that allows the user to cut straight into the enemy's soul.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- The item does not disappear upon using up all charges.
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and refreshes the charge counter back to 8. Can be upgraded only once.
- The total gold cost for each level is 3150/3850.
- One Diffusal Blade grants the following on each level:
- Level 1: 3.57 armor, 25 attack speed, 120 mana, 0.4 mana regeneration and 0.625% spell damage (and 25 attack damage to agility heroes, or 10 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
- Level 2: 5 armor, 35 attack speed, 180 mana, 0.6 mana regeneration and 0.9375% spell damage (and 35 attack damage to agility heroes, or 15 attack damage to intelligence heroes).
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Applies a basic dispel on the target upon cast.
- The dispel is applied first, followed by the slow.
- Can be cast on invulnerable units.
- The slow decreases in 0.8 second intervals, so it slows for 100%/80%/60%/40%/20%, going one step down every 0.8 seconds.
- When cast on non-hero units, it roots the target for the initial 3 seconds, preventing it from moving and casting certain mobility spells.
- The damage is directly added to the owner's attack damage.
- The damage can be reduced with e.g. Enfeeble or Static Link.
- Does not work against allied units when attacking them.
- Applies the mana loss first, and then the damage.
- Effectively increases a hero's attack damage by 40 against units which have enough mana to burn.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]Phantom Lancer
- In conjunction with Juxtapose, Spirit Lance and Doppelganger, 14 illusions plus Phantom Lancer himself will deal a total of 274 Mana Burn per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. 306 if Manta Style illusions are included.
- Purge complements his Spirit Lance, providing a total of 7.25 seconds slow and removing enemy buffs.
- The Manabreak + 25/35 agility will equate to 65/75 additional physical damage per attack.
- Purge can be used to slow heroes he attacked with Blink Strike, which allows him to get more hits from behind while chasing his target.
- While channeling Tricks of the Trade every enemy hit will be affected by Manabreak. This can prevent multiple enemy heroes from casting mana-heavy spells because they don't have enough mana left.
- Manabreak gives Illusions from Haunt an additional damage source. It also ensures every enemy hero hit by her Haunt-illusions has less mana available.
- Purge allows Spectre to slow enemies she caught with Reality.
- With Manabreak Naga Siren and all her Mirror Images drain a total of 98 mana per attack, assuming all illusions are attacking one hero. The added agility also increases the damage of her illusions.
- Purge is also an effective slow for situations in which Ensnare is not usable.
Effective against[edit | edit source]Wraith King
- Manabreak can be used to drain Wraith King's mana, which results in him being unable to use Reincarnation when he dies. Remember that Manabreak's effectiveness is tied to your own attack speed, when your hero has a slow attackspeed, you should consider using Necronomicon to drain Wraith King's mana faster.
- Manabreak can deal more effective Damage against Medusa since it depletes her manapool directly, so that Mana Shield blocks less damage.
- If enemies are using Ghost Scepter to survive against you, Purge can be used to dispel Ghost Form, allowing you to once against attack them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Manabreak passive used to be called Feedback and got changed at some point without notification.
Gallery[edit | edit source]