Krobelus the Death Prophet is a ranged intelligence Hero who excels at pushing lanes. She is often played in the mid lane, since her Crypt Swarm gives her strong magic damage that can be spammed easily - and even more so once she learns Witchcraft to improve her spells. As she levels her ultimate, Exorcism, Death Prophet can deal a huge amount of damage to towers and heroes alike, while healing at the end of the duration. Finally, her Silence gives her a powerful tool to disable enemy casters and heroes that rely on escape abilities. Because she can deal large amounts of damage over time with her ultimate and Crypt Swarm, Death Prophet is mostly built as a tank, to ensure she can continue to stay in the fight.
- Exorcism is a fantastic pushing ultimate that can easily take down towers and Roshan if left unhindered. Fighting into an activated Exorcism is quite dangerous as well, which means hindering her is not easy.
- Crypt Swarm is typically maxed first as it is a very strong AoE nuke with low cooldown, followed by Witchcraft, which greatly reduces the mana cost of Crypt Swarm as well as alleviating Krobelus' very low base movement speed. Maxing Witchcraft early also enhances Exorcism, which is a useful ability at all stages of the game.
- Put a single point in Silence early, as 3 seconds of silence is well worth the 80 mana it will cost you.
- Always remember Exorcism's damage is physical, and as such Armor reduction increases its damage. Focusing on targets with low armour (Int and many Str heroes) will yield the best result of Exorcism. That said, its damage is a threat even to targets with very high armour.
- In a large clash, Krobelus should be swooping around silencing and nuking enemy supports while eroding their health with Exorcism. Carries almost unfailingly have higher armor than supports, and since Exorcism is physical damage, her damage potential is highest when she focuses on the supports.
- Despite her abysmal base movement speed, with Witchcraft and Phase Boots Krobelus moves extremely fast and can often avoid damage simply by being faster than her aggressor. A Eul's Scepter of Divinity is also common pickup on her and will increase her movement speed to phenomenal levels. Krobelus tends to chase people around a lot with Exorcism, so high movement speed is a must and can also help the spirits damage enemies around Krobelus while she is safe.
- Use Exorcism as early as is practically possible for clashes, as the sooner it is cast the sooner her spirits will return and heal her. Her spirits will easily harvest enough life to restore her HP entirely, and the conclusion of her ultimate can save Krobelus' life; as well as severely endanger the lives of her adversaries as she returns to battle with full health.
- Medallion of Courage makes Exorcism do a lot more damage to a single target, as well as provide more mana regeneration and armor when not active, both of which Death Prophet needs.
- Assault Cuirass is fairly easy for Death Prophet to farm because of Crypt Swarm being a fast farming tool, and her ability to take towers in seconds with Exorcism. Assault Cuirass gives a lot of armor and attack speed to herself and her team, as well as reducing the enemy's armor, allowing Exorcism to do even more damage in engagements and pushes.
- At some point, she, along with Wisp and Silencer, had her costume and ability color palettes changed. Before, Death Prophet's garments and ability icons were more purple in color.
- Her Witchcraft ability icon shows a pentacle, a symbol of the witchcraft religion of Wicca.
- Fixed Exorcism spirits being capped at 23 instead of 27.
- Fixed AI on Exorcism spirits that caused them to sometimes be less efficient and linger on units far from you.
- Fixed some wave speed issues with Crypt Swarm, Dual Breath, Breathe Fire, Dragon Slave, Illuminate, Sonic Wave and Shockwave.
- Fixed Exorcism healing never resetting.
- Updated the textures for Death Prophet, Silencer, Drow Ranger, and Wisp.
- Updated the ability icons for Death Prophet, Silencer, and Wisp to match texture changes.
- [Undocumented] Broken down a number of existing hero models into multiple parts Death Prophet, Enchantress, Huskar, Silencer, Sniper, Storm Spirit, Venomancer and Weaver.
- [Undocumented] Updated textures for Drow Ranger, Death Prophet and Enchantress.
- [Undocumented] Added teleport (start & end) animations for Death Prophet, Doom Bringer and Dragon knight.
- Added a buff to indicate the duration of Death Prophet's Exorcism.
- Gave Death Prophet's spirits a unique attack effect when hitting buildings.
- [Undocumented] Added injured attack animations.
- [Undocumented] Added injured idle animations.
- Fixed Exorcism hitting an invisible hero if the hero was hit before.
- Fixed Silence not affecting basic units.
- Fixed unit targeting behavior being bugged for the following abilities: Carrion Swarm, Dragon Slave, Breathe Fire.
- [Undocumented] Exorcism spirits movement speed from 400 to 500.
- [Undocumented] Exorcism spirits damage from 35-40 to 43-48.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Death Prophet.
- [Undocumented] Added chase animations for Death Prophet.
- Death Prophet will comment on her ghosts returning when they begin turning back instead of when they're done returning.
- Enabled Lifestealer and Death Prophet in Captain's Mode.
- Fixed Crypt Swarm not allowing unit targets.
- Fixed Death Prophet's Exorcism spirits not clamping to the ground.
- Added more info to tooltips of Drow's Silence, Death Prophet's Silence, and Kunkka's Ghostship.
- Crypt Swarm damage rescaled from 100/175/250/300 to 75/150/225/300
- Exorcism cooldown increased from 135 to 145
- Exorcism cooldown increased from 115 to 135
- Exorcism spirit damage increased from 43-48 to 53-58.
- Movement speed decreased from 285 to 280.
- Silence AoE increased from 200/275/350/350 to 350.
- Witchcraft move speed bonus increased from 4/8/12/16% to 5/10/15/20%.
- Exorcism base ghost count increased from 4/10/18 to 4/12/21.
- Armor increased by 1.
- Witchcraft movement speed increased from 3/6/9/12% to 4/8/12/16%.
- Armor increased by 1.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Witchcraft bonuses rescaled to be more straightforward:
- Increases movement speed by 3/6/9/12%.
- Decreases Carrion Swarm's mana cost by 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 and cooldown by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds.
- Decreases Silence's mana cost by 0 / 10 / 20 / 30 and cooldown by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 seconds.
- Increases the number of level 1 Exorcism spirits by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4.
- Increases the number of level 2 Exorcism spirits by 1 / 3 / 4 / 6.
- Increases the number of level 3 Exorcism spirits by 0 / 2 / 4 / 7.
- Increases movement speed by 3/6/9/12%.
- Decreases Carrion Swarm and Silence cooldown by 1/2/3/4 seconds.
- Decreases Carrion Swarm and Silence manacost by 10/15/20/25.
- Creates 3/4/5/6 extra spirits.
- Increased base damage by 5.
- Removed healing cap (was 1000) on Exorcism.
- Strength gain from 1.8 to 2.2.
- Crypt Swarm cooldown decreased from 9 base to 8 base (5->4 when fully upgraded).
- Witchcraft's movement bonus has been restored (3/6/9/12%).
- Witchcraft no longer gives movement speed bonus.
- Slightly Improved Death Prophet's base movement speed.
- Improved movement speed of the ghosts on Exorcism a bit.
- Undid previous damage return threshold change on Exorcism.
- Increased Death Prophet's base strength a bit.
- Improved movement bonus on Witchcraft.
- Lowered Exorcism's damage return threshold and cooldown