Krobelus the Death Prophet is a ranged intelligence Hero who excels at pushing lanes. She is often played in the mid lane, since her Crypt Swarm gives her strong magic damage that can be spammed to her heart's content. As she levels her ultimate, Exorcism, Death Prophet can deal a huge amount of damage to towers and heroes alike, while healing at the end of the duration. If Exorcism's own heal isn't enough, she still has Spirit Siphon which drains health based on the target's health and can even be used on multiple targets at the same time. Finally, her Silence gives her a powerful tool to disable enemy casters and heroes that rely on escape abilities. Because she can deal large amounts of damage over time with her ultimate and Crypt Swarm, Death Prophet is mostly built as a tank, to ensure she can continue to stay in the fight.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- When targeting a unit, the Crypt Swarm is released towards its current location upon cast.
- Crypt Swarm travels at a speed of 1100.
- Can hit units up to 1110 range away (810 travel distance + 300 end radius).
- The complete area is shaped like a cone.
- Applies a debuff on enemies within the area on cast. Entering or leaving the area afterwards has no effect.
- The link breaks only when the target gets out of range or dies.
- The health restored on Death Prophet is independent from the actual amount of damage dealt.
- This means even if the target takes no damage at all, Death Prophet still gets healed.
- Drains 3.5 + 0.25%/0.625%/1%/1.375% health in 0.25 second intervals, starting 0.25 seconds after cast, resulting in 24 instances.
- Can drain up to 84 + 6%/15%/24%/33% health when the link lasts its full duration (before reductions).
- When cast on a unit Death Prophet is currently attacking, she continues attacking it after cast, regardless of auto-attack settings.
- Cannot be cast on units which already are affected by Spirit Siphon.
- When cast on multiple units, Death Prophet does get healed from each.
- Does not provide vision over the target. However, the link does not break upon losing vision.
- When losing vision over the target, the link visually draws to the location where the target was seen last time.
- Cannot be cast on Roshan.
- The spirits move at a speed of 500. They wander within 700 radius around Death Prophet. They can only turn by moving in about 150 radius arcs.
- Spirits spawn at Death Prophet's location in 0.3 second intervals, so it takes 2.4/4.8/7.2 seconds for all spirits to be released.
- The acquisition radius specifies the area around Death Prophet where spirits acquire an attack target automatically.
- Each spirit chooses its target at random. When acquiring a target, it sticks to that unit until it is dead or out of range.
- Can acquire and attack units in the Fog of War, but not invisible or invulnerable units.
- However, if their target turns invulnerable, they still keep attacking it.
- The spirits prioritize attacking the target that Death Prophet is attacking.
- The spirits can attack units which take a certain number of attacks to get killed, but deal no damage to them.
- The attacks of the spirits are not regular attacks, so they fully ignore things like evasion and damage block.
- The spirits have to return to Death Prophet after each attack they make before being able to attack their target again.
- When a spirit acquires a target, it chases it up to 1200 range away from Death Prophet.
- When a spirit gets 2000 range away from Death Prophet, it disappears and a new spirit spawns from Death Prophet.
- The heal happens once a spirit returns to Death Prophet at the end of the duration and is based on 25% of their attack damage multiplied by the amount of attacks the spirit did.
- This means that it does not matter how much damage they actually dealt, the heal is calculated before the damage is reduced by armor or other sources.
- Recasting Exorcism causes the previous cast to end prematurely, making the spirits start returning to Death Prophet and heal her.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Clarity potions allow Death Prophet to cast Crypt Swarm consecutively.
- Tangos and a Healing Salve provide enough early-game regeneration to keep Death Prophet in lane.
- Mantle of Intelligence and two Iron Branches give a larger mana pool and a sufficient boost to last hitting power.
- Boots of Speed allows Death Prophet to be more efficient at Ganking early.
- Magic Stick is generally good to pick up because even minimum charges can mean the difference between casting a spell or not.
- Null Talisman provides a cheap upgrade to the early Mantle of Intelligence that invaluably increases Death Prophet's mana pool, as well as giving some extra health and damage.
- Phase Boots should almost always be picked up on Death Prophet because, again, of Death Prophet's strong synergy with movement speed.
- Magic Wand is a fairly inexpensive upgrade to the early Iron Branches and Magic Stick that provides an extra potential 75 burst heal.
- Bloodstone is a powerful item for Death Prophet because most of her damage comes from her spells, also her strong team-fight presence allows her to quickly accumulate charges. However, this item should not be picked up if there are better Bloodstone carriers on your team.
- Drum of Endurance gives good attribute boosts for the price as well as even more movement and attack speed for her team, and generally should have one person buy this item on your team in almost any situation because the buff can win team fights.
- Shiva's Guard gives Death Prophet another nuke, as well as a larger mana pool and a lot of armor, both of which she needs.
- Scythe of Vyse gives a full disable as well as a larger mana pool.
- Heart of Tarrasque allows Krobelus to stay in team-fights near indefinitely when paired with Shiva's Guard.
- Black King Bar gives a boost to HP as well as the ability to get in the middle of team fights, giving Exorcism the most damage potential.
- Mekansm is a great pick up because Crypt Swarm allows Death Prophet to flash farm, allowing her to build the Mekansm quickly, and her high Intelligence gain makes casting not too taxing on her effectiveness in team fights. Headdress and Buckler are also nice early game items to have to make her more survivable.
- Pipe of Insight is a notable pick up because of the health regeneration as well as the spell shield, and when paired with Mekansm, Krobelus can potentially turn around a losing fight, or create a strong initiation.
- Boots of Travel allow global presence as well as a more reliable escape than Phase Boots.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is an amazing item on Krobelus because it gives movement speed, mana, and a way to disable an enemy or herself. When paired with Exorcism, Krobelus can be kept out of combat while her spirits do massive damage to enemies. Also, this item should be built when Bloodstone is no longer viable.
- Octarine Core in many cases can replace Bloodstone as it will give Krobelus enough intelligence and mana to sustain throughout multiple fights. Although Exorcism does physical damage, it still provides spell lifesteal, allowing Krobelus to survive through her Exorcism more reliably until her spirits heal her. But the most valuable component to Krobelus is the cooldown reduction, as the high cooldown Exorcism makes up the vast majority of her utility in fights and pushes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Exorcism is a fantastic pushing ultimate that can easily take down towers and Roshan if left unhindered. Fighting into an activated Exorcism is quite dangerous as well, which means hindering her is not easy.
- Crypt Swarm is typically maxed first as it is a very strong AoE nuke with low cooldown, followed by Spirit Siphon, which helps her sustain in lane and survive teamfights.
- Put a single point in Silence early, as 3 seconds of silence is well worth the 80 mana it costs you.
- Always remember Exorcism's damage is physical, hence, Armor reduction increases its damage. Focusing on targets with low armor (Int and many Str heroes) yields the best result of Exorcism. That said, its damage is a threat even to targets with very high armour.
- In a large clash, Krobelus should be swooping around silencing and nuking enemy supports while eroding their health with Exorcism. Carries almost unfailingly have higher armor than supports, and since Exorcism is physical damage, her damage potential is highest when she focuses on the supports.
- Given her above-average base movement speed and Phase Boots, Krobelus moves extremely fast and can often avoid damage simply by being faster than her aggressor. A Eul's Scepter of Divinity is also a common pickup on her and increases her movement speed to phenomenal levels. Krobelus tends to chase people around a lot with Exorcism, so high movement speed is a must and can also help the spirits damage enemies around Krobelus while she is safe.
- Remember that the Exorcism spirits have a travel time and after each attack must return to Krobelus. The closer you stand to a target, the less the spirits have to travel, thus dealing more overall damage.
- Use Exorcism as early as it is practically possible for clashes, as the sooner it is cast the sooner her spirits will return and heal her. Her spirits will easily harvest enough life to restore her HP entirely, and the conclusion of her ultimate can save Krobelus' life; as well as severely endanger the lives of her adversaries as she returns to battle with full health.
- Medallion of Courage makes Exorcism do a lot more damage to a single target, as well as provide more mana regeneration and armor when not active, both of which Death Prophet needs.
- Assault Cuirass is fairly easy for Death Prophet to farm because of Crypt Swarm being a fast farming tool, and her ability to take towers in seconds with Exorcism. Assault Cuirass gives a lot of armor and attack speed to herself and her team, as well as reducing the enemy's armor, allowing Exorcism to do even more damage in engagements and pushes.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At some point, she, along with Io and Silencer, had her costume and ability color palettes changed. Before, Death Prophet's garments and ability icons were more purple in color.
- Her Witchcraft ability icon shows a pentacle, a symbol that became associated with magic in the Middle Ages and traditionally used in witchcraft.