22 + 2.3
12 + 1.2
27 + 2.7
Ish'kafel the Dark Seer is a melee intelligence hero with versatile abilities that allow him to assist allies and greatly change the conditions of combat. His Vacuum in particular affects enemies in a large area and is a powerful crowd-control. It not only disorients and damages enemies, but also pushes them into a small area to follow up with area spells or to trigger other abilities, such as his Wall of Replica ultimate that turns the very power of enemies against them in the form of illusions that replicate their statistics. His other spells focus on buffing allies with speed, or in the case of his Ion Shell, granting an aura that radiates damage onto enemies who venture within it.
| Ish'Kafel, the Dark Seer
| Play "An enemy destroyed cannot rise against you."
|| Initiator / Jungler / Escape / Disabler
|| Fast when he needs to be, and a cunning strategist, Ish'Kafel the Dark Seer requires no edged weapons to vanquish his enemies, relying instead on the strength of his powerful mind. His talent lies in his ability to maneuver the fight to his advantage. Hailing from a place he calls 'The Land behind the wall,' Dark Seer remains an outsider here—a warrior from a realm beyond the veil of this reality.
Once a great general among his people, and a valiant defender of the god-king Damathryx, Dark Seer’s army was wiped out by a much larger force in the final days of the Great Boundaries War. Facing certain defeat, he made one last desperate act: he led the enemy forces into the maze between the walls. At the last moment, just before capture, he crossed over—then sealed the walls forever in an explosive release of dark energy. When the dust settled, he saw that he had saved his people but found himself blinking at the sun of a different world, with no way to return. Now he is committed to proving his worth as a military strategist, and vows to show that he’s the greatest tactician this strange new world has ever seen.
|| John Patrick Lowrie (Responses)
- The pull duration always takes 0.5 seconds, no matter how far or close the units are from the center, so the speed varies.
- Affected units are fully disabled during the pull.
- The damage is applied after the 0.5 second pull duration.
- Can pull units over impassable terrain.
- Vacuum destroys trees within 275 radius at the targeted point upon cast.
- Applies a haste on the target, means the target cannot be slowed below the set value.
- The wall is always created perpendicular to the line between Dark Seer and the targeted point.
- Only creates illusions of heroes. Does not create them of illusions.
- Does not create an illusion for each Meepo clone, only one of them can have a Wall of Replica illusion at a time.
- When the illusion dies, the wall can create a new one of that hero as soon as it comes in range.
- Everytime the wall creates an illusion, it damages the hero right afterwards.
- The illusions are invulnerable for 0.1 second after creation and have a unique skin. They last as long as the wall lasts.
- Unlike most other illusions in the game, Wall of Replica illusions look the same for everyone, instead of looking like normal heroes for the enemy.
- Surge can be cast on the team's courier, allowing it to get out of danger, or finish its delivery to allies faster.
- Dark Seer can farm rapidly in lane and jungle thanks to Ion Shell. To jungle, stack the hard and medium camps several times, and then place an ion shell on one of the lesser creeps. The shell should clear out the whole camp(including the stacks). Do this repeatedly to accumulate a large sum of gold. However, be sure to stay within experience range.
- If laning, be sure to harass enemies with Ion Shell by placing it on their melee creeps (for melee heroes) or ranged creeps (for ranged heroes). Additionally, placing Ion Shell on the second allied melee creep to arrive at the creep line is a good way to push the lane as well as create a moving damage-dealing creep that chases enemy heroes. This can make it hard for the enemy carry to last hit, as they have to do it under tower and while taking damage from creep aggro and ion shell at the same time.
- While normally pushing the lane is a bad thing, Surge and his high Strength gain makes it hard for the enemies to lock down Dark Seer and kill him.
- When chasing, self-cast Ion Shell and run next to the enemy without attacking, using Surge if the enemy is faster. Even better, use surge to body-block enemy heroes (that is, get in front of them to hinder their movement) and deal damage with basic attacks without moving out of range of the Ion Shell.
- AoE spells, especially those that require positioning, greatly benefit from Vacuum, as it can place all of them together to ensure a hit.
- Using Vacuum on enemy heroes to send them through Wall of Replica disallows foes from preventing illusions, as well as causing guaranteed damage from passing through the Wall.
- Due to Vacuum being able to clump up a large group of enemies fast, and Ion Shell's high damage output considering enemies are affected by it for a longer while, they permit Dark Seer to synergize extremely well with heroes such as Enigma and Jakiro. Make sure to cast these abilities with Black Hole and Ice Path/Macropyre/Liquid Fire to maximize AoE damage and maybe turn the tide in battle.
- Mekansm is a strong pickup on Dark Seer, as it makes him tankier and he can very quickly farm one up.
- A Bottle can also be used to sustain high mana use, if the Dark Seer is put midlane. It has the added benefit of rune control as most runes are useful for Ion Shell harass.
- Dark Seer's response, Play "No, I will not calm my beard." is a response to Beastmaster's and Clockwerk's rival hero taunts, both voiced by Sam A. Mowry.
- Dark Seer's Vacuum's lore is based on the military term, center of gravity ,which is a concept developed by Carl Von Clausewitz, a Prussian military theorist, in his work On War.
July 12, 2013 Patch
February 28, 2013 Patch
- Fixed two ledges (below the two rune spots) where you could get units stuck with Telekinesis and Vacuum.
February 07, 2013 Patch
- Fixed being able to cast Ion Shell on special units like Spirit Bear and Warlock's Golem.
November 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Wall of Replica illusion creation timing (affects instantly dying illusions mainly).
October 25, 2012 Patch
- Updated vision values on these abilities: Unstable Concoction, Phantasm, Waveform, Storm Hammer, Mirror Image, Spirit Lance, Requiem of Souls, Spectral Dagger, [ Venomous Gale, Earthbind, Dream Coil, Shackleshot, Wall of Replica, Flamebreak, Deafening Blast, Ghostship.
October 18, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Ion Shell damage interval and it triggering Cold Snap.
- [Undocumented] Updated model and textures for Dark Seer.
June 14, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Ion Shell showing the visual connecting effect on invisible targets.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed turn rates for the following heroes: Lifestealer, Alchemist, Clockwerk, Bounty Hunter, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Ancient Apparition, Brewmaster, Chen, Silencer, Lone Druid, Spectre and Spiritbreaker.
- Fixed Vacuum tree aoe destruction being too big.
April 26, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Brewmaster's primal splits creating illusions from Wall of Replica.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Vacuum continuously pulling new units in the aoe for a period of time after initial cast.
- Fixed Vacuum disable/pull duration lasting too long.
- Made Dark Seer's illusion effect more differentiated from a normal illusion effect.
- Made all known illusions draw with a creep style healthbar. This does not effect enemy illusions, but does apply to Dark Seer's Wall of Illusion illusions.
January 12, 2012 Patch
- Changed how Dark Seer's illusions look — smaller and illusion color for both teams.
December 01, 2011 Patch
November 17, 2011 Patch
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Wall of Replica not providing vision.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Ion Shell being dispelled during Blade Fury.
July 29, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Vacuum to allow pulling of units through buildings.
June 24, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Vacuum to properly stun vacuumed units while they are being moved, so it will now interrupt channels such as teleports.
May 20, 2011 Patch
- Vacuum now destroys trees around the targeted area.
April 30, 2011 Patch
February 09, 2011 Patch
- Dark Seer now resumes his previous movement if he casts Surge on himself.
- Increased Ion Shell duration from 20 to 25.
- Wall of Replica
- Reduced illusion damage dealt from 70%/80%/90% to 60%/75%/90%.
- Increased duration from 15/30/45 to 45.
- Reduced manacost from 200/300/400 to 125/250/375.
- Base armor increased by 1
- Increased Vacuum pull duration from 0.4 to 0.5.
- Vacuum cooldown rescaled from 28.0 seconds to 28 seconds.
- Increased Vacuum cooldown from 24 to 28.
- Increased Vacuum cooldown from 22 to 24.
- Reduced movement speed from 305 to 300.
- No longer affects invulnerable units.
- Reduced cast range from 550 to 500.
- Reduced radius from 275/375/475/575 to 250/350/450/550.
- Increased cooldown from 16 to 19.
- Ion Shell
- Increased damage radius from 225 to 250.
- Increased duration from 15 to 20.
- Increased damage per second from 30/45/60/75 to 30/50/70/90.
- Increased cooldown from 7 to 10.
- Wall of Replica illusions are now visually distinguishable for enemies.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased attack range from 125 to 128.
- Increased Wall of Replica illusion damage dealt from 70% on each level to 70%/80%/90%.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Dark Seer: Causes Wall of Replica to create illusions of allied heroes as well, which deal 50% and take 250% damage.
- Reduced cast range from 800 to 550.
- Reduced damage from 60/120/180/240 to 40/80/120/160.
- Fixed some Ion Shell stacking bugs.
- Recasting Ion Shell on the same unit now refreshes the duration, instead of stacking.
- Wall of Replica
- Increased damage from 125 to 150.
- Increased illusions dealt damage from 60% to 70%.
- Increased Ion Shell manacost from 60/80/100/120 to 70/90/110/130.
- Wall of Replica
- No longer creates illusions of allies.
- Now deals 125 damage to heroes whenever it creates illusions of them.
- Increased illusions dealt damage from 25% to 60%.
- No longer pierces spell immunity.
- Now pulls affected units to the center over 0.4 seconds, instead of instantly (units are disabled during this).
- Increased cast range from 550 to 800.
- Ion Shell
- Fixed some minor potential bugs.
- Reduced cooldown from 15 to 7.
- Increased Surge duration from 2/3.5/5/6.5 to 3/4.5/6/7.5.
- Reduced all spells' cast time from unknown to 0.4.
- Increased Wall of Replica length from 800 to 1000.
- Fixed from working on various exploitable areas.
- The small disable effect (still interrupts channeling).
Ability icons from top to bottom: Beta, first remake, current