|A lesser wand that grows in power the longer it is used, it brings magic to the fingertips of the user.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +3 Strength|
Dagon is unique in that its recipe can be purchased up to 5 times in order to increase its power. Each time it's upgraded, the intelligence bonus, damage, and casting range of its active ability Energy Burst are increased, while the mana cost and cooldown are decreased.
The total gold cost for each level is 2720/3970/5220/6470/7720.
 Recommended heroes
- Heroes whose default item build includes Dagon as a core item: Nyx Assassin.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Dagon as a situational item: Io, Lion, Puck, Pugna, Skywrath Mage, Storm Spirit, Tinker, Witch Doctor, Zeus.
- Dagon upgraded to level 5 is the most expensive item in the game.
- Dagon is the name of an ancient Mesopotamian god, as well as a malicious fish god in the H.P. Lovecraft mythos.
- normal hero -25% magic resistance
300/375/450/525/600 total damage
420/525/630/735/840 total damage
525/656/787/918/1050 total damage
 Balance changelog
- Total cost reduced by 60 (Dagon recipe cost reduced from 1300 to 1250, and Null Talisman recipe cost reduced from 145 to 135)
- Total cost reduced by 10 (Null Talisman recipe cost reduced from 155 to 145)
- Cooldown decreased from 40/36/32/28/24 to 35/30/25/20/15.
- Total cost reduced by 15 (Null Talisman recipe cost reduced from 170 to 155)
- Now requires a Null Talisman instead of a Blades of Attack
- Recipe reduced from 1350 to 1300
- Manacost reduced from 245/225/205/185/165 -> 180/160/140/120/100
- Total cost reduced by 150 (Blades of Attack cost reduced from 650 to 500)
- Improved casting range per level of Dagon upgrade
- Dagon's mana costs and cooldown now decreases per level
- Dagon upgrades give an extra 2 int per level
- Changed Dagon to a number display of 1/2/3/4/5 from 0/1/2/3/4
- Dagon can no longer target and waste cooldown on an item in your inventory