From Dota 2 Wiki
|A lesser wand that grows in power the longer it is used, it brings magic to the fingertips of the user.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Upgrading the item improves its stats and the damage, range and cooldown of Energy Burst. Can be upgraded four times.
- The total gold cost for each level is 2720/3970/5220/6470/7720.
- One Dagon grants the following on each level:
- Level 1: 60 health, 0.09 health regeneration, 0.43 armor, 3 attack speed, 192 mana, 0.64 mana regeneration, 1.07% spell damage and 12 (25 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
- Level 2: 60 health, 0.09 health regeneration, 0.43 armor, 3 attack speed, 228 mana, 0.76 mana regeneration, 1.27% spell damage and 12 (28 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
- Level 3: 60 health, 0.09 health regeneration, 0.43 armor, 3 attack speed, 264 mana, 0.88 mana regeneration, 1.47% spell damage and 12 (31 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
- Level 4: 60 health, 0.09 health regeneration, 0.43 armor, 3 attack speed, 300 mana, 1 mana regeneration, 1.67% spell damage and 12 (34 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
- Level 5: 60 health, 0.09 health regeneration, 0.43 armor, 3 attack speed, 336 mana, 1.12 mana regeneration, 1.87% spell damage and 12 (37 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
Ability[edit | edit source]
- The damage is applied instantly, so it cannot be avoided.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]Arc Warden
- Tempest Double
grants a second cast of Energy Burst to quickly kill enemies.
greatly amplifies Energy Burst's damage for high kill potential.
- Cast it on yourself or an ally with nuke(s) to increase the damage by a maximum of 40% if the enemy is close (6 seconds before fighting at level 4) then cast it on the enemy to amplify the damage he takes by a further 40%.
- The damage dealt by Energy Burst grants an instant Thirst
boost and potentially vision over the target.
- The damage from Energy Burst can easily bring an enemy into the kill threshold of Reaper's Scythe
resets Energy Burst's cooldown for constant damage output.
- Using Energy Burst on an enemy affected by Maledict
will cause severe burst damage from the latter.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Ganking heroes can use Dagon for an additional burst of damage to help secure kills.
- Heroes that can reduce the magic resistance:
can reduce the magic resistance by 60% with Decrepify. Note that it applies ghost form so it doesn't stack with Ethereal Blade.
- Skywrath Mage
can reduce the magic resistance by 45% with Ancient Seal.
- Elder Titan
can reduce the magic resistance by 33% to enemies in range from his Natural Order aura.
- Ancient Apparition
can reduce the magic resistance by 30% to anyone inside Ice Vortex.
- Heroes that can amplify the damage:
- Shadow Demon
can increase all damage type by 50% with Soul Catcher however the debuff is applied on a random enemy in an area.
can increase all damage type by 36% with Penitence, he can then use Test of Faith which can deal 400 damage.
's ultimate can increase the damage to a maximum of 30% when close. Steal strength with Decay before using it to decrease the HP pool of your enemy and get mobility items to get close to your enemy.
- Shadow Demon
- Nukers that want additional burst damage:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Most heroes have 25% magic resistance by default, causing Energy Burst to deal 300/375/450/525/600 damage to them, considering no other sources of reduction or amplification.
- Powerful against high armored enemies, damage block and evasion.
Items synergy[edit | edit source]
- Here is the order to use the items: Force Staff against a Linken. then Orchid to silence your enemy and add damage amplification, then Veil of Discord for the magic resistance reduction, then Ethereal Blade and finally Dagon.
- Ethereal Blade
: amplifies the magic damage by 40%.
- Veil of Discord
: amplifies the magic damage by 25%.
- Aether Lens
: amplifies the magic damage by 5% and increases the cast range of all your items and spells by 220.
- Force Staff
: can be used to gank, chase, escape and trigger a Linken's Sphere to use your Dagon.
- Orchid Malevolence
: amplifies the damage by 30% after the end of Soul Burn. It will also increase your mana regen.
- Octarine Core
: reduce the cooldown of all your spells and items by 25% allowing to cast two Dagon during a fight and can lifesteal from your burst damage. It is more useful on Intelligence heroes with multiple spells.
Counter items[edit | edit source]
- Linken's Sphere
: will completely block the damage from the Dagon.
- Blade Mail
: will reflect the magic damage onto the caster.
- Lotus Orb
: will reflect the nukes and disablers.
- Black King Bar
: will make you immune to magic damage.
: will increase the magic resistance both upgrades reduce the damages even more.
- Heart of Tarrasque
: give you 1150 HP, it can tank two Dagon level 5 with the default 25% magic resistance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Dagon is the name of an ancient Mesopotamian god.
- Level 5 Dagon is the most expensive item in the game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]