From Dota 2 Wiki
|A cuirass originally built to protect against the dreaded Year Beast.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- One Crimson Guard grants a total of 290 health, 8.06 health regeneration, 5.29 armor, 2 attack speed, 24 mana, 0.08 mana regeneration, 0.125% spell damage and 2 attack damage.
- Together with the active ability, it grants a total of 7.29 armor to the owner.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affects heroes, illusions and buildings. Affects them even while invulnerable or while hidden. Does not affect creep-heroes.
- Does not affect heroes that have been affected by Guard in the last 46 seconds.
- A status buff icon on affected units shows how much time is left for it to be able to get affected again.
- For more details, see Damage Block.
Proc Chance: 50%
Blocked Damage (Melee): 70
Blocked Damage (Ranged): 35
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
Heroes whose default item build includes Crimson Guard as a situational item : Bristleback, Timbersaw, Dark Seer, Elder Titan, Axe, Undying, Underlord.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The high damage block of Crimson Guard's active is good against illusions because their low damage is heavily reduced or negated completely.
- Similarly, it is good against small summons such as Undying's zombies, Broodmother's spiderlings, or Nature's Prophet's treants to name a few.
- Crimson Guard is effective against armor reduction as the damage block takes effect before the damage reduction of armor. This means that if incoming damage is actually going to be amplified due to negative armor, a large portion of it can be blocked before it is amplified.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]