From Dota 2 Wiki
- Anti-Mage can easily Blink out of Power Cogs, escaping any ganking or initiation attempts.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Chen can often save a trapped enemy with Hand of God.
- Penitence's damage amplification may allow to kill Clockwerk quickly after his initiation.
- Chen's creeps can be used to block Clockwerk's Hookshot initiation from all sides.
- Searing Arrows makes Clinkz one of the hardest heroes for Clockwerk to lane against.
- Shadow Wave will hit Clockwerk every time when he's fighting with an enemy inside Power Cogs.
- Due to Clockwerk's slow damage output, Dazzle will have more than enough time to Shallow Grave any enemy Clockwerk initiates on.
- Ember Spirit's Fire Remnant is an easy way to escape from Clockwerk's Power Cogs
- Flame Guard blocks most of the magical damage Clockwerk does
- Clockwerk cannot go head-to-head with Huskar in Power Cogs, as Berserker's Blood and Life Break will destroy him faster than the other way around.
- Juggernaut is invulnerable while using Omnislash, meaning that neither Blade Mail or Power Cogs will save Clockwerk, this is especially common during the early laning phase.
- Blade Fury will also ignore any damage dealt by Battery Assault, as well as dealing heavy damage. As long as Juggernaut has mana to cast it, any engagement with Power Cogs will hurt Clockwerk a lot more than Juggernaut.
- With Feast and Rage, Lifestealer is nearly impossible for Clockwerk to bring down, and is the last hero Clockwerk wants to be trapped with in Power Cogs.
- Waveform and Replicate allows Morphling to easily escape Power Cogs.
- Clockwerk's lack of burst damage makes it nearly impossible for him to kill a Morphling using Morph (Strength Gain).
- Purification does great damage to Clockwerk when fighting an enemy inside Power Cogs.
- For the same reasons, Omniknight also makes a powerful ally for Clockwerk when the situation is reversed.
- Battery Assault's damage is dispersed against Phantom Lancer's illusions.
- Phantom Lancer can blink out of Power Cogs with Doppelganger.
- When chasing, a Phantom Lancer can close in with Phantom Rush and burn down Clockwerk's mana with Diffusal Blade, rendering him helpless before he has a chance to erect a defensive Power Cogs.
- Clockwerk being confined in his own Power Cogs means Clockwerk is unable to quickly escape from Phoenix's Sun Ray and Supernova.
- Sun Ray will also heal the enemy Clockwerk is fighting, making it unlikely for Clockwerk to take an enemy down with him.
- For the same reasons, Phoenix also makes a powerful ally for Clockwerk when the situation is reversed.
- Conjure Image and Reflection illusions may give Clockwerk a hard time to find an angle for Hookshot.
- A trapped Terrorblade can turn the tables with Sunder, leaving Clockwerk nowhere to run.
- Ursa's high physical burst damage makes him a very bad target for Power Cogs.
- Even with Blade Mail, Ursa's Enrage will negate most of the reflected damage.
- Familiars can spot Clockwerk, allowing Visage's allies to dodge or block Hookshot attempts.
- Familiars will not be damaged by Blade Mail or Clockwerk's abilities, dealing dangerous amounts of damage to him.
- Disruptor's Static Storm can turn Power Cogs into Clockwerk's own grave, but Blade Mail will also return the damage to Disruptor.
- Vengeful Spirit can Nether Swap enemies out of Power Cogs.
- Ancient Apparition's Cold Feet will freeze Clockwerk in place if he stays inside his Power Cogs. His immobility while in his cogs also makes him a very easy target to Ice Vortex and Ice Blast.
- Medallion of Courage will allow enemies to quickly kill Clockwerk, making his initiation short-lived.
- Force Staff can push trapped enemies out of Power Cogs.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity will keep enemies safe from Clockwerk until Power Cogs go down.
- Battery Assault will continuously interrupt Earthshaker's long cast animations.
- Power Cogs can also trap Earthshaker after he initiates.
- Getting trapped in Power Cogs usually means the end for Drow Ranger.
- Battery Assault's mini-stuns can severely disrupt Legion Commander's attack animation when she enters a Duel, potentially saving Clockwerk (or his allies) and possibly even giving him an edge in securing a win himself.
- Power Cogs pushes Legion Commander away from Clockwerk's allies when she enters a Duel.
- Meat Hooking a Clockwerk can backfire for Pudge, as Battery Assault and Blade Mail will hurt Pudge more than he hurts Clockwerk.
- Assassinate's long cast time, debuff icon and sound cue means Clockwerk can easily reflect it with Blade Mail.
- Clockwerk is also the least optimal target for Sniper to attack in a teamfight, although more experienced players will rarely make this mistake.
- With no mobility or disable skills, getting trapped in Power Cogs is a death sentence for Sniper.
- Clockwerk can use Power Cogs to repulse Spirit Breaker when he charges in with Charge of Darkness.
- Spirit Breaker's slow 0.6 second attack animation attacks do little damage against Clockwerk. Can also constantly be cancelled by Battery Assault.
- Nether Strike's 1.2 second charge time gives Clockwerk plenty of time to activate Blade Mail and for Battery Assault to cancel it.
- Rocket Flare can find Tinker if he blinks into the treeline, and Hookshot will prevent him from teleporting out.
- Blade Mail will damage Tinker just by walking around in March of the Machines.
- Tinker has no target control over his Heat-Seeking Missiles, and the projectiles can be seen from far away, giving Clockwerk lots of time to activate Blade Mail.
- Focus Fire is nearly useless against Clockwerk if he has a Blade Mail, as it will reflect the damage, forcing Windranger to change targets until the Blade Mail has worn off or retreat.
- Phantom Assassin's random physical burst damage can be a dangerous gamble against Clockwerk's Blade Mail.
Works well with...Dark Seer
- Surge lets Clockwerk chase down enemies and position himself right next to them for Power Cogs.
- Once trapped, Ion Shell on Clockwerk will burn down the enemy very quickly.
- Dark Seer can also Vacuum enemies into Power Cogs.
- Rocket Flare gives Invoker the vision to land his Sun Strike.
- Power Cogs makes it hard to get away from Invoker's Chaos Meteor, forcing enemies to take the full damage.
- Sacred Arrow's long range, stun duration and flying vision helps Clockwerk land Hookshots from afar.
- Disruption is the perfect setup for Power Cogs, as this also ensures that the enemy does not escape from the two allied illusions spawned afterwards.
- Clockwerk's lockdown also allows Shadow Demon to hit the enemy with two or three Shadow Poisons.
- In general, any hero with long disables can help Clockwerk get into position for Power Cogs.
- In general, heroes with hard to aim or damage-over-time AoE will work well on enemies trapped inside Clockwerk's Power Cogs.
- Bloodseeker's Thirst will reveal fleeing enemies for Clockwerk to pick off with Rocket Flare.
- Tiny can Toss Clockwerk onto an enemy to position him for Power Cogs.