15 + 1.6
22 + 3
16 + 1.55
Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher is a ranged agility carry specializing in ambushing lone Heroes with high physical damage and incredible speed. Though frail and easy to kill, Skeleton Walk grants Clinkz stealth and haste to escape and re-position himself. This assassin Strafes around the enemy, launching a flurry of Searing Arrows that greatly injure enemies. To aid his assault, Clinkz can form a Death Pact and absorb a creature's life for greater damage and health, making him not only able to take more hits, but hit harder as well.
| Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher
| Play "An arrow says what words cannot."
|| Carry / Escape
|| At the base of the Bleeding Hills stretches a thousand-league wood—a place called The Hoven, where black pools gather the tarry blood of the uplands, and the king-mage Sutherex sits in benevolent rule. Once a sworn protector of the Hoven lands, Clinkz earned a reputation for his skill with a bow. In the three-hundredth year of the king-mage, the demon Maraxiform rose from sixth hell to lay claim to the forest. In response, the king-mage decreed an unbreakable spell: to any who slew the demon would be granted Life Without End.|
Unaware of the spell, Clinkz waded into battle, defending his lands against the demon’s fiery onslaught. Clinkz drove Maraxiform back to the gates of sixth-hell itself, where on that fiery threshold the two locked in a mortal conflict. Grievously wounded, the demon let out a blast of hellfire as Clinkz loosed his final arrow. The arrow struck the demon true as hellfire poured out across the land, lighting the black pools and burning Clinkz alive at the instant of the demon’s death. Thus, the mage’s spell took effect at the very moment of the archer’s conflagration, preserving him in this unholy state, leaving him a being of bones and rage, caught in the very act of dying, carrying hell’s breath with him on his journey into eternity.
|| Michael Gregory (Responses)
- During the fade time, Clinkz can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- Allows Clinkz to path through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Clinkz can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- The health and damage bonus are based on the targeted unit's current health.
- If the target is an enemy or neutral unit, it will count as a creep kill and give Clinkz the correct gold and experience bounty.
- The damage is directly added to Clinkz' base attack damage, so it is subject to lifesteal, crits, damage reduction (e.g. Enfeeble) and amplification (e.g. Empower).
- Increases Clinkz' maximum and current health, effectively healing him for the amount.
- When the Death Pact buff expires, Clinkz' maximum health returns to normal, but his current health is kept, without exceeding his maximum health.
- Can be cast on allied creeps.
- Tango and Salve give you basic health regeneration to stay in lane longer.
- Daedalus greatly increases Clinkz's DPS because, when combined with Strafe, he does roughly 2 attacks per second with that skill active with Power Treads and Orchid Malevolence. This makes it much more likely to crit multiple times in a short period.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion.
- Eye of Skadi stacks with Searing Arrows, which allows you to chase down heroes whilst improving all your stats.
- Scythe of Vyse is an alternative to Orchid Malevolence that offers less dps but provides a stronger disable.
- Black King Bar should be built in most situations to counter enemy stuns, silences, etc.
- Soul Ring can solve Clinkz's mana problems, if cast before using Death Pact it effectively costs 0 HP, and allows Death Pact to be used on cooldown.
- Helm of the Dominator gives a Dominated Creep 500 bonus HP, which synergises very well with Death Pact. Clinkz can also use the creep to stack camps, which he can clear with Strafe and the lifesteal from Dominator. A dominated Centaur (1100->1600 HP) would give you (88->128) damage and (880->1280) HP at max level Death Pact.
- Desolator gives Clinkz an incredible amount of damage very early, synergising well with the physical damage of his Searing Arrows.
- Blink Dagger can help Clinkz snowball very hard, as it makes Clinkz difficult to catch.
- While he can be an excellent ganker, Clinkz is extremely fragile and puts out huge amounts of DPS, making him a priority target in teamfights. Try to let your teammates start things off while you dance around the edge of the fight dealing damage to distracted or disabled opponents.
- You can use orb-walking with Searing Arrows to harass your opponents. Be wary of the moderate mana cost, however.
- Use Skeleton Walk a good amount of time before you expect to ambush an enemy, or appear in a fight. This will allow you to use Skeleton Walk again soon after, either for a quick escape or to chase down any survivors.
- In most cases, max out Searing Arrows first for the reliable damage increase.
- If you are ganking a lot with Clinkz, take Strafe as your second ability to max as the decreased cooldown makes you a great threat. If you are playing as the team's lategame carry, maxing Skeleton Walk will keep you safe and able to move quickly into untaken lanes and the jungle to farm.
- Always try to use Death Pact on the biggest creep in the large creep camps, such as the Satyr Tormenter and Centaur Conqueror.
- You can deny an enemy jungler some farm by stealing creeps with Death Pact, leaving as little as possible behind so they are forced to clear it for the respawn to trigger. Death Pact may also be used on dominated or controlled neutrals such as those used by Chen or Enchantress to kill them instantly.
- Because of the huge amount of physical damage Clinkz can deal over a short period, he is also excellent at killing towers provided something else is there to take the aggro.
- Bone Fletcher's Alternate/Fun name was "Clinkz Eastwood", a pun on the name of famed actor Clint Eastwood.
- The line, Play "Better to run than curse the road." is a reference to a Wolof (Senegal) proverb, "Better to walk than curse the road".
- The phrase Play "Thy Flesh Consumed." may be refered to the fourth and final episode of Ultimate Doom game, and also to King James version of the Bible "And thou mourne at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed" PROVERBS 5:11
December 17, 2014 Patch Update 2
October 02, 2014 Patch
- Fixed Searing Arrows now proccing Damage Block on its own (instead of just with the attack one time)
March 14, 2013 Patch
August 02, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added Teleport animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Clinkz, Lifestealer, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
May 03, 2012 Patch
March 22, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug with level 2 Death Pact not gaining the .5% damage buff.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Added to Captain's Mode.
- Fixed not being able to cast Searing Arrows manually on buildings.
- Fixed Death Pact not being castable on Magic Immune units.
- Fixed Searing Arrows autocast working while silenced/doomed.
- Fixed Searing Arrows bonus damage being treated as a seperate damage instance (it could get reduced twice by stout shield).
- Fixed Death Pact being purgeable.
- Fixed Bounty Hunter and Clinkz's invisibility getting dispelled by Tornado.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Clinkz.
January 26, 2012 Patch
- Added Clinkz!
January 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated textures for Magnataur, Clinkz.
- Base attack range increased from 600 to 630
- Searing Arrows
- Damage increased from 20/30/40/50 to 30/40/50/60.
- Manacost increased from 8 to 10.
- No longer blocked by magic immunity.
- Strafe cooldown decreased from 60/50/40/30 to 45/40/35/30.
- Strafe attack speed bonus increased from 110 to 130.
- Death Pact damage bonus increased from 4/6/8% to 5/6.5/8%.
- Death Pact hp bonus increased from 50/60/70% to 50/65/80%.
- Searing Arrows no longer has a cooldown at level 1.
- Strafe Attack Speed bonus increased from 90 to 110.
- Skeleton Walk movement bonus increased from 10/20/30/40 to 11/22/33/44%.
- Death Pact attack damage rebalanced from 6/7/8% to 4/6/8% of targets HP.
- Strafe changed from 50/60/70/80 AS for 10 seconds to 90 AS for 4/6/8/10 seconds .
- Improved Searing Arrows damage from 10/20/30/40 to 20/30/40/50.
- Rebalanced Strafe from 20/40/60/80 IAS with 30 seconds cooldown to 50/60/70/80 IAS with 60/50/40/30 seconds cooldown.
- Death Pact can now be used on any non-hero unit, not just allied units.
- Improved level 2 and 3 manacost and regen on Death Pact.
- Lowered Searing Arrows' cooldown.
- Restored Bone Fletcher's old Wind Walk speed bonus
- Reduced mana cost on Death Pact slightly
- Changed Searing Arrows cooldown from 4/3/2/0 to 4/3/0/0
- Searing Arrows cooldown from 0 to 4/3/2/0
- Clinkz WW movespeed from 10%/20%/30%/40% to 7%/14%/21%/28%
- Searing arrows mana cost increased by 3.
- Tweaked clinkz, leo, tb and naix. Better balance between 6.12 and 6.09b
- Tweaked all of clinkz abilities a bit
- Nerfed clinkz movespeed by 10 but buffed clinkz attack range from 600 to 975 to even out.
- Bone Fletcher: WW lvl 4 changed from 40% to 35%
- Bone Fletcher: Strafe changed from 40/70/95/110 to 55/70/85/100