15 + 1.6
22 + 3
16 + 1.55
Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher is a ranged agility carry specializing in ambushing lone Heroes with high physical damage and incredible speed. Though frail and easy to kill, Skeleton Walk grants Clinkz stealth and haste to escape and re-position himself. This assassin Strafes around the enemy, launching a flurry of Searing Arrows that greatly injure enemies. To aid his assault, Clinkz can form a Death Pact and absorb a creature's life for greater damage and health, making him not only able to take more hits, but hit harder as well.
| Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher
| Play "An arrow says what words cannot."
|| Carry / Escape
|| At the base of the Bleeding Hills stretches a thousand-league wood—a place called The Hoven, where black pools gather the tarry blood of the uplands, and the king-mage Sutherex sits in benevolent rule. Once a sworn protector of the Hoven lands, Clinkz earned a reputation for his skill with a bow. In the three-hundredth year of the king-mage, the demon Maraxiform rose from sixth hell to lay claim to the forest. In response, the king-mage decreed an unbreakable spell: to any who slew the demon would be granted Life Without End.|
Unaware of the spell, Clinkz waded into battle, defending his lands against the demon’s fiery onslaught. Clinkz drove Maraxiform back to the gates of sixth-hell itself, where on that fiery threshold the two locked in a mortal conflict. Grievously wounded, the demon let out a blast of hellfire as Clinkz loosed his final arrow. The arrow struck the demon true as hellfire poured out across the land, lighting the black pools and burning Clinkz alive at the instant of the demon’s death. Thus, the mage’s spell took effect at the very moment of the archer’s conflagration, preserving him in this unholy state, leaving him a being of bones and rage, caught in the very act of dying, carrying hell’s breath with him on his journey into eternity.
|| Michael Gregory (Responses)
- During the fade time, Clinkz can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- Allows Clinkz to path through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Clinkz can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
- The health and damage bonus are based on the targeted unit's current health.
- If the target is an enemy or neutral unit, it will count as a creep kill and give Clinkz the correct gold and experience bounty.
- The damage is directly added to Clinkz' base attack damage, so it is subject to lifesteal, crits, damage reduction (e.g. Enfeeble) and amplification (e.g. Empower).
- Increases Clinkz' maximum and current health, effectively healing him for the amount.
- When the Death Pact buff expires, Clinkz' maximum health returns to normal, but his current health is kept, without exceeding his maximum health.
- Can be cast on allied creeps.
- Tango and Salve give you basic health regeneration to stay in lane longer.
- Daedalus greatly increases Clinkz's DPS because, when combined with Strafe, he does roughly 2 attacks per second with that skill active with Power Treads and Orchid Malevolence. This makes it much more likely to crit multiple times in a short period.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion.
- Eye of Skadi stacks with Searing Arrows, which allows you to chase down heroes whilst improving all your stats.
- Scythe of Vyse is an alternative to Orchid Malevolence that offers less dps but provides a stronger disable.
- Black King Bar should be built in most situations to counter enemy stuns, silences, etc.
- Soul Ring can solve Clinkz's mana problems, if cast before using Death Pact it effectively costs 0 HP, and allows Death Pact to be used on cooldown.
- Helm of the Dominator gives a Dominated Creep 500 bonus HP, which synergises very well with Death Pact. Clinkz can also use the creep to stack camps, which he can clear with Strafe and the lifesteal from Dominator. A dominated Centaur (1100->1600 HP) would give you (88->128) damage and (880->1280) HP at max level Death Pact.
- Desolator gives Clinkz an incredible amount of damage very early, synergising well with the physical damage of his Searing Arrows.
- Blink Dagger can help Clinkz snowball very hard, as it makes Clinkz difficult to catch.
- While he can be an excellent ganker, Clinkz is extremely fragile and puts out huge amounts of DPS, making him a priority target in teamfights. Try to let your teammates start things off while you dance around the edge of the fight dealing damage to distracted or disabled opponents.
- You can use orb-walking with Searing Arrows to harass your opponents. Be wary of the moderate mana cost, however.
- Use Skeleton Walk a good amount of time before you expect to ambush an enemy, or appear in a fight. This will allow you to use Skeleton Walk again soon after, either for a quick escape or to chase down any survivors.
- In most cases, max out Searing Arrows first for the reliable damage increase.
- If you are ganking a lot with Clinkz, take Strafe as your second ability to max as the decreased cooldown makes you a great threat. If you are playing as the team's lategame carry, maxing Skeleton Walk will keep you safe and able to move quickly into untaken lanes and the jungle to farm.
- Always try to use Death Pact on the biggest creep in the large creep camps, such as the Satyr Tormenter and Centaur Conqueror.
- You can deny an enemy jungler some farm by stealing creeps with Death Pact, leaving as little as possible behind so they are forced to clear it for the respawn to trigger. Death Pact may also be used on dominated or controlled neutrals such as those used by Chen or Enchantress to kill them instantly.
- Because of the huge amount of physical damage Clinkz can deal over a short period, he is also excellent at killing towers provided something else is there to take the aggro.
- Bone Fletcher's Alternate/Fun name was "Clinkz Eastwood", a pun on the name of famed actor Clint Eastwood.
- The line, Play "Better to run than curse the road." is a reference to a Wolof (Senegal) proverb, "Better to walk than curse the road".
- The phrase Play "Thy Flesh Consumed." may be refered to the fourth and final episode of Ultimate Doom game, and also to King James version of the Bible "And thou mourne at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed" PROVERBS 5:11
December 17, 2014 Patch Update 2
October 02, 2014 Patch
- Fixed Searing Arrows now proccing Damage Block on its own (instead of just with the attack one time)
March 14, 2013 Patch
August 02, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added Teleport animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Clinkz, Lifestealer, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
May 03, 2012 Patch
March 22, 2012 Patch
- Fixed a bug with level 2 Death Pact not gaining the .5% damage buff.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Added Clinkz to Captain's Mode.
- Fixed not being able to cast Searing Arrows manually on buildings.
- Fixed Death Pact not being castable on Magic Immune units.
- Fixed Searing Arrows autocast working while silenced/doomed.
- Fixed Searing Arrows bonus damage being treated as a seperate damage instance (it could get reduced twice by stout shield).
- Fixed Death Pact being purgeable.
- Fixed Bounty Hunter and Clinkz's invisibility getting dispelled by Tornado.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Clinkz.
January 26, 2012 Patch
- Added Clinkz!
January 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated textures for Magnataur, Clinkz.
- Reduced Skeleton Walk cooldown from 20 on each level to 20/19/18/17.
- Reduced Death Pact cooldown from 45/40/35 to 45/35/25.
- Increased attack range from 600 to 630.
- Reduced Strafe cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 45/40/35/30.
- Increased Strafe attack speed bonus from 110 to 130.
- Death Pact
- Increased attack damage bonus from 4%/6%/8% to 5%/6.5%/8% of the target's current health.
- Increased health bonus from 50%/60%/70% to 50%/65%/80% of the target's current health.
- Increased Strafe attack speed bonus from 90 to 110.
- Reduced Searing Arrows cooldown from 2/0/0/0 to 0 on each level.
- Increased Skeleton Walk movement bonus from 10%/20%/30%/40% to 11%/22%/33%/44%.
- Reduced Death Pact attack damage bonus from 6%/7%/8% to 4%/6%/8% of target's current health.
- Old Death Pact:
- Kills a target unit, returning a percentage of its life.
- Cast range: 400
- Target's current health as heal: 50%/100%/150%
- Manacost: 100
- Cooldown: 20
- Notes: Heals Clinkz by the given values upon cast. Can be set on autocast.
- New Death Pact:
- Kills a target unit and gains bonus damage and health capacity based on that target's current health.
- Cast range: 400
- Target's current health as health bonus: 50%/60%/70%
- Target's current health as damage bonus: 6%/7%/8%
- Duration: 35
- Manacost: 100
- Coldown: 45
- Notes: Increases current and maximum health and damage. The bonuses last for 35 seconds. Upon expiring, the maximum hp bonus is lost, but the current hp increase stays. The damage is added as base damage, so illusions do benifit from it.
- Increased attack speed bonus from 50/60/70/80 to 90 on each level.
- Reduced duration from 4/6/8/10 to 10 on each level.
- Increased attack speed bonus from 20/40/60/80 to 50/60/70/80.
- Increased cooldown from 30 on each level to 60/50/40/30.
- Increased Searing Arrows damage from 10/20/30/40 to 20/30/40/50.
- Death Pact can now be cast on any non-hero unit, instead of only allied non-hero units.
- Death Pact
- Increased heal from 55%/95%/135% of target's current health to 50%/100%/150% of target's current health.
- Reduced manacost from 120/200/280 to 100 on each level.
- Reduced Searing Arrows cooldown from 4/3/0/0 to 2/2/0/0.
- Increased Skeleton Walk movement speed bonus from 7%/14%/21%/28% to 10%/20%/30%/40%.
- Reduced Death Pact manacost from 185/255/305 to 120/200/280.
- Reduced Skeleton Walk movement speed bonus from 10%/20%/30%/40% to 7%/14%/21%/28%.
- Increased Skeleton Walk movement speed bonus from 10%/15%/20%/30% to 10%/20%/30%/40%.
- Increased base movement speed from 280 to 300.
- Reduced manacost from 80/90/100/110 to 90 on each level.
- Reduced cooldown from 45/40/40/35 to 30 on each level.
- Increased Searing Arrows damage from 8/16/24/32 to 10/20/30/40.
- Reduced base movement speed from 300 to 280.
- Reduced Strafe attack speed bonus from 55/70/85/100 to 20/40/60/80.
- Reduced Searing Arrows manacost from 13 on each level to 5
- Reduced Skeleton Walk movement speed bonus from 10%/20%/30%/35% to 10%/15%/20%/30%.
- Rescaled Strafe attack speed bonus from 40/70/95/110 to 55/70/85/100.
- Reduced Skeleton Walk movement speed bonus from 10%/20%/30%/40% to 10%/20%/30%/35%.
- This ability got reworked into the current Death Pact in the 6.67 gameplay patch.
- Heals Clinkz based on the target's current health. Does not exceed maximum health.
- Can be set on Auto-Cast
- When on Auto-Cast, Clinkz will cast this ability whenever a unit is within range and the spell is off cooldown.
- Auto-Cast cannot interrupt Clinkz' current order. It cannot occur while channeling a spell.
- Pre 6.58, this ability was only castable on allied units.