Clinkz, the Bone Fletcher is a ranged agility carry specializing in ambushing lone Heroes with high physical damage and incredible speed. Though frail and easy to kill, Skeleton Walk grants Clinkz stealth and haste to escape and re-position himself. This skill is also what makes Clinkz such an incredible ganker. This assassin is also equipped with Strafe boosting his attack speed to insane levels for a short time. Searing Arrows provide huge bonus damage, greatly injuring enemies in conjunction with Strafe. To aid his assault, Clinkz can form a Death Pact and absorb a creature's life for greater damage and health, making him not only able to take more hits, but hit harder as well.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Clinkz attacks with a barrage of arrows. Dramatically increases attack speed for a short time.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Attack Speed Bonus: 130
- Strafe does not interrupt Clinkz' channeling spells upon cast.
|Imbues Clinkz's arrows with fire for extra damage.|
|Cast Range: 630|
- Searing Arrows can be disjointed.
- Deals its damage in an separate instance and thus is unaffected by damage reduction from e.g. Static Link or Enfeeble.
- However, this also means that Clinkz cannot lifesteal off the damage, it cannot crit and cannot be amplified by e.g. Empower or the Double Damage rune.
|Clinkz moves invisibly through units until the moment he attacks or uses an ability.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Fade Time: 0.6
Move Speed Bonus: 11%/22%/33%/44%
- Skeleton Walk does not interrupt Clinkz' channeling spells upon cast.
- During the fade time, Clinkz can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon launching an attack.
- Clinkz can pick up or drop items without breaking the invisibility.
|Clinkz consumes the target friendly or enemy creep, gaining a percent of its hit points as max health and damage.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 400
Target's Current Health as Attack Damage Bonus: 5%/6.5%/8%
Target's Current Health as Health Bonus: 50%/65%/80%
- The targeted unit is instantly killed, counting as a regular last hit.
- The health and damage bonus are based on the targeted unit's current health.
- The damage is directly added to Clinkz' base attack damage, so it is subject to lifesteal, crits, damage reduction (e.g. Enfeeble) and amplification (e.g. Empower).
- Increases Clinkz' maximum and current health, effectively healing him for the amount.
- When the Death Pact buff expires, Clinkz' maximum health returns to normal, but his current health is kept, without exceeding his maximum health.
- Successive casts of Death Pact do not stack, instead the newest Death Pact buff replaces the old one.
- Can be cast on allied creeps.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Aquila gives improved damage and mana regeneration, allowing better use of Searing Arrows.
- Magic Wand helps against enemies that can spam spells.
- Oblivion Staff gives you improved damage, mana and mana regeneration and builds into an Orchid Malevolence.
- Power Treads help you attack faster to improve the effectiveness of Searing Arrows.
- Orchid Malevolence solves Clinkz's mana problems associated with using Searing Arrows and allows you to silence heroes. This allows Clinkz to gank more effectively and disable enemies abilities in fights.
- Monkey King Bar improves Clinkz's damage per second and gives a passive mini-stun which can cancel channeling spells such a Town Portal Scroll.
- Daedalus greatly increases Clinkz's DPS because, when combined with Strafe, he does roughly 2 attacks per second with the skill active. Combined with Power Treads and Orchid Malevolence it makes it much more likely to crit multiple times in a short period.
- Butterfly provides a massive agility and attack speed bonus as well as evasion.
- Eye of Skadi stacks with Searing Arrows, which allows you to chase down heroes whilst improving all your stats.
- Scythe of Vyse is an alternative to Orchid Malevolence that offers less dps but provides a stronger disable.
- Black King Bar should be built in most situations to counter enemy stuns, silences, etc.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While he can be an excellent ganker, Clinkz is extremely fragile and puts out huge amounts of DPS, making him a priority target in teamfights. Try to let your teammates start things off while you dance around the edge of the fight dealing damage to distracted or disabled opponents.
- You can use orb-walking with Searing Arrows to harass your opponents. Be wary of the moderate mana cost, however.
- Use Skeleton Walk a good amount of time before you expect to ambush an enemy, or appear in a fight. This allows you to use Skeleton Walk again soon after, either for a quick escape or to chase down any survivors.
- In most cases, max out Searing Arrows first for the reliable damage increase.
- If you are ganking a lot with Clinkz, take Strafe as your second ability to max as the decreased cooldown makes you a great threat. If you are playing as the team's lategame carry, maxing Skeleton Walk keeps you safe and able to move quickly into untaken lanes and the jungle to farm.
- Always try to use Death Pact on the biggest creep in the large creep camps, such as the Satyr Tormenter and Centaur Conqueror.
- You can deny an enemy jungler some farm by stealing creeps with Death Pact, leaving as little as possible behind so they are forced to clear it for the respawn to trigger. Death Pact may also be used on dominated or controlled neutrals such as those used by Chen or Enchantress to kill them instantly.
- Because of the huge amount of physical damage Clinkz can deal over a short period, he is also excellent at killing towers provided something else is there to take the aggro.
- Soul Ring can solve Clinkz's mana problems, if cast before using Death Pact it effectively costs 0 HP, and allows Death Pact to be used on cooldown.
- Helm of the Dominator gives a Dominated Creep a minimum base HP of 1400, which synergises very well with Death Pact. A dominated creep (1400 HP) would give you 70/91/112 bonus damage and 700/910/1120 bonus HP.
- Desolator gives Clinkz an incredible amount of damage very early, synergising well with the physical damage of his Searing Arrows.
- Blink Dagger can help Clinkz snowball very hard, as it makes Clinkz difficult to catch. Also you may consider buying it in diffucult game situations where split pushing is a key factor for victory.
- One should consider buying Diffusal Blade if enemy heroes are having multiple Ghost Scepters/ Ethereal Blades, which is also stacks with Clinkz's Searing Arrows, as both – Searing Arrows and Diffusal Blade are not unique attack modifiers. It also provides some intelligence, which helps with Clinkz's mana issues.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bone Fletcher's Alternate/Fun name was "Clinkz Eastwood", a pun on the name of famed actor Clint Eastwood.
- The line, Play "Better to run than curse the road." is a reference to a Wolof (Senegal) proverb, "Better to walk than curse the road".
- The phrase Play "Thy Flesh Consumed." may be referred to the fourth and final episode of Ultimate Doom game, and also to King James version of the Bible "And thou mourne at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed" PROVERBS 5:11.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Replaced abilities[edit | edit source]
|Death Pact (pre 6.67)|
|Kills a target unit, returning a percentage of its life.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 400
Target Current Health as Heal: 50%/100%/150%
- This ability got reworked into the current Death Pact in the 6.67 gameplay patch.
- Heals Clinkz based on the target's current health. Does not exceed maximum health.
- Can be set on Auto-Cast
- When on Auto-Cast, Clinkz casts this ability whenever a unit is within range and the spell is off cooldown.
- Auto-Cast cannot interrupt Clinkz' current order. It cannot occur while channeling a spell.
- Pre 6.58, this ability was only castable on allied units.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Low Violence model