Bradwarden the Centaur Warrunner is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect mean that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Return means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
- When trying to land Hoof Stomp on fleeing enemies, get in front of their path if possible. Most opponents will outrun the stun during the cast time if they are already on the edge of the radius.
- Return is an extremely powerful ability and not to be underestimated. Although its most notable effect is greatly increasing damage against enemies that try to gank Centaur in the late game, even at lower levels it can completely shut down heroes with high damage and low health.
- To force a tower to attack you and utilize Return, issue an attack command upon an enemy hero when in range (even one in another lane). This trick also works to aggravate lane creeps in order to push.
- You can use Stampede's movement speed boost to help allies escape or chase in a pinch, although the long cooldown makes this usage situational.
- Stampede gives all allies the power to become initiators, allowing the entire team the chance to break into battle with destructive force; unfortunately, Stampede only affects enemies once for a relatively short duration, so in larger fights the skill may go totally awry. This means the initiation must be careful and planned, with a chosen initiator, as with other fights (more than not, possibly Centaur himself).
- When jungling or attacking ancient creeps in a safe location, it is advised to drop your Tranquil Boots should they have been purchased. This prevents the boots from breaking and allows for instant health regen after killing all the neutral creeps.
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- Hoof Stomp's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflect the ability name.
- Fixed Stampede sound not being global for enemies.
- Fixed Stampede buff being applied as an aura rather than a one time buff.
- Fixed Return against siege creeps.
- Stampede cooldown reduced from 120/90/60 to 90/75/60.
- Movement speed decreased from 305 to 300.
- Double Edge no longer interrupts channeling.
- Stampede now applies a 100% slow instead of a stun (as always, units cannot be slowed below 100 movement speed).
- Centaur restricted from Captain's Mode.
- Grants you and all allied player units on the map max movement speed and zero unit collision for a short duration. Any enemy units you or your allies come into collision with take some damage and get stunned. Enemies can only be affected by stampede impact once.
- Duration: 3/4/5
- Damage: 100/150/200 + 2x your strength
- Stun: 1.25 seconds
- Stampede Collision radius: 120
- Cooldown: 65
- Manacost: 50
- Note: Does not affect spell immune enemies.
- Double Edge now deals its damage in a 190 radius around the target.
- Return base damage increased from 16 to 16/18/20/22.
- Great Fortitude strength bonus increased from 12/24/36 to 15/30/45.
- Double Edge cooldown decreased from 10 to 8.
- Return base damage increased from 10 to 16.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Movement speed increased from 300 to 305.
- Double Edge cooldown decreased from 12 to 10.
- Hoof Stomp cooldown decreased from 15 to 13.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Return's damage reworked from 12.5/25/37.5/50 damage to attackers to 10+26%/34%/42%/50% of your strength as damage.
- Reduced Double Edge cooldown (25->12 seconds).
- Changed Return from 60/30 melee/range to 50/50.
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes.
- Hoof Stomp radius improved from 275 to 315.