Bradwarden, the Centaur Warrunner, is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect means that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Return means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
Bio[edit | edit source]
|Bradwarden, the Centaur Warrunner|
|Play "It is not pride I take in my own power, it is passion."|
|Role:||Durable / Initiator / Disabler / Nuker / Escape|
|Lore:|| It's said that a centaur's road is paved with the corpses of the fallen. For the one called Warrunner, it has been a long road indeed. To outsiders, the four-legged clans of Druud are often mistaken for simple, brutish creatures. Their language has no written form; their culture lacks pictographic traditions, structured music, formalized religion. For centaurs, combat is the perfect articulation of thought, the highest expression of self. If killing is an art among centaurs, then Bradwarden the Warrunner is their greatest artist. He rose to dominance on the proving grounds of Omexe, an ancient arena where centaur clans have for millennia gathered to perform their gladiatorial rites. As his fame spread, spectators came from far and wide to see the great centaur in action. Always the first to step into the arena, and the last to leave, he composes a masterpiece in each guttering spray, each thrust of blood-slickened blade-length. It is the poetry of blood on steel, flung in complex patterns across the pale sands of the killing floor.
Warrunner defeated warrior after warrior, until the arena boomed with the cheering of his name, and he found himself alone, the uncontested champion of his kind. The great belt of Omexe was bestowed, wrapped around his broad torso, but in his victory, the death-artist found only emptiness. For what is a warrior without a challenge? The great centaur galloped out of Omexe that day with a new goal. To his people, Warrunner is the greatest warrior to ever step into the arena. Now he has set out to prove he is the greatest fighter who has ever lived.
|Voice:||Tom Chantler (Responses)|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Return only procs when a unit lands an attack, regardless of distance. This means it cannot proc on missed attacks.
- The Return damage is always dealt right before the attacker's damage is dealt to its target.
- Secondary attacks from Moon Glaive, Split Shot and Flak Cannon do not trigger Return.
- However, the secondary attacks from other instant attacks do trigger Return.
- Fully works against allied units, resulting in a deny if the damage kills the ally.
- The aura's buff lingers for 0.5 seconds.
Does not affect spell immune enemies. Slow persists if debuff was placed before spell immunity and when not dispelled.
- Interrupts Centaur's channeling spells upon cast.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the Fog of War.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy trees around them for the duration.
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
Talents[edit | edit source]
|+1s Hoof Stomp Duration||25||Gains Return Aura|
|+15 Strength||20||+10% Spell Amplification|
|+10% Magic Resistance||15||10% Evasion|
|+2 Mana Regen||10||+35 Damage|
- The mana regen is added as a bonus and does not benefit illusions.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- The magic resistance and evasion stack multiplicatively with other sources of magic resistance and evasion.
- Return's description always reads as if the aura was there, even when the talent is not chosen.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Stout Shield and Infused Raindrop partially abates any harassment he receives.
- Ring of Protection at the start of the game lets you make Tranquil Boots in lane from the Side Shop.
- Tangoes and Healing Salve increases your survivability in lane.
- Enchanted Mango is useful to keep Centaur Warrunner in lane.
- Magic Stick can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a Magic Wand to store extra charges and save inventory space.
- Boots of Speed gives a nice movement speed boost.
- Tranquil Boots give you some extra survivability, and help negate the self-damage from Double Edge.
- Heart of Tarrasque grants extra survivability from the Health increase and health regen, and the Strength also increases damage done by attacks, Return, and Stampede. The massive health regen also allows for the near-constant use of Double Edge without needing to heal for a long time afterwards. Note that in the late-game it may be a good idea to buy a second or (rarely) even a third Heart, as they are the most gold-efficient source of Strength.
- Armlet of Mordiggian is a very cheap and effective source of Strength and Armor, increasing damage and tankiness greatly. It should be activated constantly, as your various health regen items will counteract its health drain.
- Vanguard can be a good purchase if playing against many physical heroes. Later upgrade to a Crimson Guard to help defend your team, or an Abyssal Blade for more stuns.
- Boots of Travel further increases your ability to initiate by being able to teleport to almost anywhere on the map, as well as having extra movement speed.
- Medallion of Courage is a good, cheap source of armor and mana regen, two things that are often badly needed.
- Blink Dagger is essential to initiating with Hoof Stomp. It is a necessary item if your team has no other heroes that can initiate well.
- Aghanim's Scepter's buff is sometimes useful, but mostly during games where you already have an advantage.
- Pipe of Insight will help your team deal with enemy initiation and nukes, while reducing the health cost of Double Edge.
- Assault Cuirass turns centaur into a full tank, as well as providing his team with extra armor.
- Radiance can be a luxury item when your team is winning, as Centaur will be able to live long enough to burn down the enemy.
- Blade Mail's damage reflect stacks with Return, making Centaur an even less appetizing target. However, enemies will probably already be focusing on your teammates in a fight rather than you.
- Heaven's Halberd grants strength, and also the ability to disarm enemies, which can be useful in the late game when Centaur's damage falls off.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- Hoof Stomp's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflects the ability name.