Bradwarden the Centaur Warrunner is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect mean that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Return means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
Although he is usually not played as a carry, he can scale powerfully with items, becoming a hard-hitting semi-carry that is nearly impossible to kill.
| Bradwarden, the Centaur Warrunner
| Play "It is not pride I take in my own power, it is passion."
|| Durable / Initiator / Disabler / Nuker / Escape
|| It's said that a centaur's road is paved with the corpses of the fallen. For the one called Warrunner, it has been a long road indeed. To outsiders, the four-legged clans of Druud are often mistaken for simple, brutish creatures. Their language has no written form; their culture lacks pictographic traditions, structured music, formalized religion. For centaurs, combat is the perfect articulation of thought, the highest expression of self. If killing is an art among centaurs, then Bradwarden the Warrunner is their greatest artist. He rose to dominance on the proving grounds of Omexe, an ancient arena where centaur clans have for millennia gathered to perform their gladiatorial rites. As his fame spread, spectators came from far and wide to see the great centaur in action. Always the first to step into the arena, and the last to leave, he composes a masterpiece in each guttering spray, each thrust of blood-slickened blade-length. It is the poetry of blood on steel, flung in complex patterns across the pale sands of the killing floor.
Warrunner defeated warrior after warrior, until the arena boomed with the cheering of his name, and he found himself alone, the uncontested champion of his kind. The great belt of Omexe was bestowed, wrapped around his broad torso, but in his victory, the death-artist found only emptiness. For what is a warrior without a challenge? The great centaur galloped out of Omexe that day with a new goal. To his people, Warrunner is the greatest warrior to ever step into the arena. Now he has set out to prove he is the greatest fighter who has ever lived.
|| Tom Chantler (Responses)
- Double Edge deals magical to the targets and to the caster.
- The damage radius is centered around the target, not around Centaur.
- The self afflicted damage is never lethal, so it can't be used to deny oneself.
- Return works against everything which is not a ward or invulnerable. This means it fully works against towers.
- Return damage is inflicted as soon as an attack of an enemy lands. This means it will not trigger on missed attacks.
- Affected allies become phased and hasted.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the fog of war.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy trees around them for the duration.
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
- When trying to land Hoof Stomp on fleeing enemies, get in front of their path if possible. Most opponents will outrun the stun during the cast time if they are already on the edge of the radius.
- Return is an extremely powerful ability and not to be underestimated. Although its most notable effect is greatly increasing damage against enemies that try to gank Centaur in the late game, even at lower levels it can completely shut down heroes with high damage and low health.
- To force a tower to attack you and utilize Return, issue an attack command upon an enemy hero when in range (even one in another lane). This trick also works to aggravate lane creeps in order to push.
- You can use Stampede's movement speed boost to help allies escape or chase in a pinch, although the long cooldown makes this usage situational.
- Stampede gives all allies the power to become initiators, allowing the entire team the chance to break into battle with destructive force; unfortunately, Stampede only affects enemies once for a relatively short duration, so in larger fights the skill may go totally awry. This means the initiation must be careful and planned, with a chosen initiator, as with other fights (more than not, possibly Centaur himself).
- When jungling or attacking ancient creeps in a safe location, it is advised to drop your Tranquil Boots should they have been purchased. This prevents the boots from breaking and allows for instant health regen after killing all the neutral creeps.
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- Hoof Stomp's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflect the ability name.
- Increased Return bonus damage from 26%/34%/42%/50% to 30%/42%/54%/66% of Centaur's strength.
- Return damage is no longer reduced by Damage Block.
- Now triggers when attacks land rather than when they start.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Centaur Warrunner: Causes Stampede to reduce 70% of all incoming damage for allied units and grants them unobstructed movement. Destroys Trees.
- Increased Hoof Stomp manacost from 85/100/115/130 to 130.
- Reduced Stampede cooldown from 120/90/60 to 90/75/60.
- Increased cooldown from 65 to 120/90/60.
- Rescaled duration from 3/4/5 to 3.75.
- Reworked damage from 100/150/200 + 2x strength to 0 + 1/2/3x strength.
- Increased manacost from 50 to 80.
- Reduced collision radius from 120 to 105.
- Removed Centaur Warrunner from Captain's Mode.
- Grants you and all allied player units on the map max movement speed and zero unit collision for a short duration. Any enemy units you or your allies come into collision with take some damage and get stunned. Enemies can only be affected by stampede impact once.
- Duration: 3/4/5
- Damage: 100/150/200 + 2x Centaur's strength
- Stun duration: 1.25 seconds
- Stampede Collision radius: 120
- Cooldown: 65
- Manacost: 50
- Note: Does not affect spell immune enemies. Affects all units under an allied player's control.
- Double Edge now deals its damage in a 190 radius around the target.
- Increased Return base damage from 10 to 16.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased Hoof Stomp stun duration from 1.25/1.75/2.25/2.75 to 2.0/2.25/2.5/2.75.
- Reworked Return damage from 12.5/25/37.5/50 to 10 + 26%/34%/42%/50% of Centaur's strength as damage.
- Double Edge
- No longer has a 75/90/105/120 manacost.
- Damage to self is no longer lethal (can't be used to deny self anymore).
- No longer deals damage to melee attackers in 2 instances (it used to deal 5/10/15/20 upon attack start and 10/20/30/40 upon reaching attack point).
- Reduced damage to melee attackers from 15/30/45/60 to 12.5/15/37.5/50.
- Increased damage to ranged attackers from 5/10/15/20 to 12.5/15/37.5/50.
- Increased armor from 0 to 1 (total armor is now 3.1).
- Increased Hoof Stomp manacost from 80/100/115/130 to 85/100/115/130.
- Hoof Stomp
- Rescaled stun duration from 0.75/1.5/2.25/3 to 1.25/1.75/2.25/2.75.
- Increased damage from 50/100/150/200 to 100/150/200/250.
- Hoof Stomp
- Increased cooldown from 8.5 to 10.5.
- Reduced radius from 350 to 275.
- Changed damage type against ranged units from HP Removal to Physical.
- Now deals the damage dealt to ranged units to melee units as well.
- This means it deals 5/10/15/20 damage to melee units upon attack start, and then 10/20/30/40 again upon reaching attack point.
- Increased base agility from 14 to 15.
- Reduced base intelligence and gain from 16 + 2 to 15 + 1.7.
- Reduced base attack damage from 32-42 to 32-34 (total attack damage is now 55-57).
- Reduced base armor from 1 to 0 (total armor is now 2.1).
- Replaced Insult with Double Edge
- Double Edge:
- The Centaur summons a tremendous amount of inner strength and releases a very powerful attack. It can only be done at melee range, and it damages both the Warchief and the enemy unit.
- Cast range: 150
- Damage: 175/250/325/400
- Manacost: 75/90/105/120
- Cooldown: 25
- Notes: Deals Magical damage to the target and Pure to self. The self-damage is lethal. Interrupts the target upon cast.
- Reduced base strength from 24 to 23.
- Increased base agility and gain from 12 + 1.25 to 14 + 2.
- Increased base intelligence and gain from 15 1.5 to 16 + 2.
- Increased base armor from 0 to 1 (total armor is now 2.96).
- Hoof Stomp
- Reduced stun duration from 1/1.75/2.5/3.25 to 0.75/1.5/2.25/3.
- Increased manacost from 80/95/105/120 to 80/100/115/130.
- Increased cooldown from 7 to 8.5.
- Increased Insult radius from 200/300/400/600 to 200/350/500/700.
- This ability was replaced by Stampede in the 6.76 gameplay patch.
- Compared to Centaur Warrunner's increased strength gain (+1.2 Strength per level), he lost about 9/18/27 Strength from this change (at levels 6/11/16 respectively) however, Centaur Warrunner's total strength at level 25 has only decreased by 16.
- Grants Centaur Warrunner a total of 285/570/855 health, 0.45/0.9/1.35 health regeneration and 15/30/45 attack damage respectively.
- This ability got replaced by Double Edge in the 5.58 gameplay patch.
- Upon cast, all enemy units within the radius are issued an attack command on Centaur Warrunner.
- Since it's one simple attack order, the units are not disabled in any way. Receiving a new order will cancel the attack order.
- This also means it won't affect units which can't attack at all, since they can't receive an attack order.
- Does not stop units from casting spells, so it does not interrupt channelling abilities.