Bradwarden the Centaur Warrunner is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect mean that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Return means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Slams the ground, stunning and damaging nearby enemy units.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Stun Duration: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75
|Centaur strikes a mighty blow at melee range, damaging both himself and a small area around the target. Centaur cannot die from Double Edge.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 150
Damage Radius: 190
|Centaur counters every attack, damaging the attacker based on a percentage of Centaur's strength.|
|Base Damage: 16/18/20/22|
Strength as Bonus Damage: 30%/45%/60%/75%
- Return only procs when a unit lands an attack on Centaur Warrunner, regardless of distance. This means it cannot proc on missed attacks.
- Procs on the secondary attacks from Marksmanship, Geminate Attack, and the attack from Stifling Dagger.
|Centaur leads all allies into a vicious charge causing them to move through units at max speed and stop any enemy units they trample. Trampled enemies take damage based on Centaur Warrunner's strength. Each enemy can be trampled once.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Damage & Slow Radius: 105
Centaur's Strength as Damage: 100%/200%/300%
Allies Incoming Damage Reduction: 0 ( 60%)
Move Speed Slow: 100%
Slow Duration: 1.5
Stampede Duration: 4
- Interrupts Centaur's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affected allies become phased and hasted.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the Fog of War.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy trees around them for the duration.
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Purchasing a Ring of Protection at the start of the game lets you make Tranquil Boots in lane from the Side Shop.
- A Magic Stick can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a Magic Wand to store extra charges and save inventory space.
- Tranquil Boots give you some extra survivability, and help negate the self-damage from Double Edge.
- Hood of Defiance greatly helps against burst damage nukes, one of Centaur Warrunner's few defensive weaknesses; in addition, it also reduces the self-damage inflicted by Double Edge.
- Upgrading the Hood into a Pipe of Insight will also help your team deal with enemy initiation and nuking.
- Blink Dagger gives you more possibilities for initiation alongside Stampede.
- Blade Mail, when activated, will make attacks hurt the attacking enemy more than they hurt you as a result of stacking with Return.
- Heart of Tarrasque gives you extra survivability from the health increase and health regen; the strength increase also increases damage done by Return and Stampede.
- Radiance gives you extra damage, and the burn effect forces enemies to focus you and take Return damage in the process.
- Mjollnir will add a lot of DPS, gives you AoE but also more damage to return with Static Charge.
- Boots of Travel further increase your ability to initiate by being able to teleport to almost anywhere on the map, as well as having extra movement speed.
Counters[edit | edit source]
Lifestealer enrage counters long cast point stun, heals damage from return, often goes basher
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When trying to land Hoof Stomp on fleeing enemies, get in front of their path if possible. Most opponents will outrun the stun during the cast time if they are already on the edge of the radius.
- Return is an extremely powerful ability and not to be underestimated. Although its most notable effect is greatly increasing damage against enemies that try to gank Centaur in the late game, even at lower levels it can completely shut down heroes with high damage and low health.
- To force a tower to attack you and utilize Return, issue an attack command upon an enemy hero when in range (even one in another lane). This trick also works to aggravate lane creeps in order to push.
- You can use Stampede's movement speed boost to help allies escape or chase in a pinch, although the long cooldown makes this usage situational.
- Stampede gives all allies the power to become initiators, allowing the entire team the chance to break into battle with destructive force; unfortunately, Stampede only affects enemies once for a relatively short duration, so in larger fights the skill may go totally awry. This means the initiation must be careful and planned, with a chosen initiator, as with other fights (more than not, possibly Centaur himself).
- When jungling or attacking ancient creeps in a safe location, it is advised to drop your Tranquil Boots should they have been purchased. This prevents the boots from breaking and allows for instant health regen after killing all the neutral creeps.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- Hoof Stomp's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflect the ability name.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Replaced abilities[edit | edit source]
|The battle-hardened Centaur Warrunner's mammoth body is capable of absorbing great amounts of punishment. He passively gains Strength.|
|Strength Bonus: 15/30/45
- This ability was replaced by Stampede in the 6.76 gameplay patch.
- Compared to Centaur Warrunner's increased strength gain (+1.2 Strength per level), he lost about 9/18/27 Strength from this change (at levels 6/11/16 respectively) however, Centaur Warrunner's total strength at level 25 has only decreased by 16.
|All nearby enemy units immediately switch targets and attack the Warchief.|
|Cast Animation: +|
- This ability got replaced by Double Edge in the 5.58 gameplay patch.
- Upon cast, all enemy units within the radius are issued an attack command on Centaur Warrunner.
- Since it's one simple attack order, the units are not disabled in any way. Receiving a new order will cancel the attack order.
- This also means it won't affect units which can't attack at all, since they can't receive an attack order.
- Does not stop units from casting spells, so it does not interrupt channelling abilities.