Bradwarden the Centaur Warrunner is a melee strength hero whose natural place in combat is right in the center of battle. His abilities stop enemies around him in their tracks and inflict heavy damage, making him an excellent initiator. He is also a powerful tank, having the highest strength gain in the game.
Bradwarden has immense natural health, and his skills' area of effect mean that he can charge into combat and incapacitate groups of enemies at a time. Hoof Stomp and Double Edge make a great combo of stunning and burst damage on short cooldowns and his Return means instant retaliation on enemies who try attack him. His ultimate, Stampede effectively turns the entire team into initiators, granting them high speed and the ability to flatten enemies under as they pass over them.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Slams the ground, stunning and damaging nearby enemy units.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Stun Duration: 2/2.25/2.5/2.75
Stunned: Dispellable with strong dispels.
|When the mighty hoof of the Warrunner touches soil, the tremors are felt far and wide.|
|Centaur strikes a mighty blow at melee range, damaging both himself and a small area around the target. Centaur cannot die from Double Edge.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 150
Damage Radius: 190
|In the spurs of combat, Bradwarden's vicious strikes sometimes cause self-inflicted collateral damage.|
|Centaur counters every attack, damaging the attacker based on a percentage of Centaur's strength.|
|Base Damage: 16/18/20/22|
Strength as Bonus Damage: 30%/45%/60%/75%
|Bradwarden has no need to parry his opponent's attacks; his armor-like hide does it for him.|
- Return only procs when a unit lands an attack on Centaur Warrunner, regardless of distance. This means it cannot proc on missed attacks.
- The Return damage is always dealt right before the attacker's damage is dealt to Centaur Warrunner.
- Procs on the secondary attacks from Marksmanship, Geminate Attack, and the attack from Stifling Dagger.
|Centaur leads all allies into a vicious charge causing them to move through units at max speed and stop any enemy units they trample. Trampled enemies take damage based on Centaur Warrunner's strength. Each enemy can be trampled once.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Damage & Slow Radius: 105
Centaur's Strength as Damage: 100%/200%/300%
Allies Incoming Damage Reduction: 0 ( 60%)
Haste Speed: 522
Move Speed Slow: 100%
Slow Duration: 1.8
Stampede Duration: 4
Stampede Slow: Undispellable.
|The great belt of Omexe, which labels Bradwarden as the greatest warrior of his kind, incites his fellow gladiators to follow him into barbarous combat.|
- Interrupts Centaur's channeling spells upon cast.
- Affected allies become phased and hasted.
- The sound effect is global and can be heard by enemies even through the Fog of War.
- Aghanim's Scepter allows allies to walk over cliffs and causes them to destroy trees around them for the duration.
- The damage reduction reduces all 3 damage types.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Stout Shield and Infused Raindrop partially abates any harassment he receives.
- Ring of Protection at the start of the game lets you make Tranquil Boots in lane from the Side Shop.
- Tangoes and Healing Salve increases your survivability in lane.
- Enchanted Mango is useful to keep Centaur Warrunner in lane.
- Magic Stick can increase your survivability in lane, and can be later turned into a Magic Wand to store extra charges and save inventory space.
- Boots of Speed gives a nice movement speed boost.
- Tranquil Boots give you some extra survivability, and help negate the self-damage from Double Edge.
- Hood of Defiance greatly helps against burst damage nukes, one of Centaur Warrunner's few defensive weaknesses. It also reduces the self-damage inflicted by Double Edge.
- Blink Dagger is essential to initiating with Hoof Stomp.
- Vanguard can be a good purchase if playing against many physical heroes. Later upgrade to a Crimson Guard to help your team with damage block shield.
- Aghanim's Scepter's buff is sometimes useful, but mostly during games where you already have an advantage.
- Pipe of Insight will help your team deal with enemy initiation and nukes.
- Blade Mail's damage reflect stacks with Return, making Centaur an even less appetizing target.
- Assault Cuirass turns centaur into a full tank.
- Shiva's Guard is useful when Centaur places himself in the middle of the fight after blinking in.
- Heart of Tarrasque grants extra survivability from the health increase and health regen, and the strength also increases damage done by Return and Stampede.
- Radiance can be a luxury item when your team is winning, as Centaur will be able to live long enough to burn down the enemy.
- Boots of Travel further increases your ability to initiate by being able to teleport to almost anywhere on the map, as well as having extra movement speed.
- Heaven's Halberd grants strength, and also the ability to disarm enemies, which can be useful in the late game when Centaur's damage falls off.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Audio[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In DotA, Bradwarden's hero title was Centaur Warchief.
- Bradwarden is the name of a centaur in the first DemonWars Saga trilogy by R.A. Salvatore.
- Hoof Stomp's animation originally consisted of Centaur Warrunner slamming the ground with the shaft of his axe. This was later changed after community requests that the animation reflects the ability name.