|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
|Places|| Mount Pyrotheos|
- Broodmother has been to the Thorny Wastes, where she hunts a particular prey that her young requires for nourishment. To do this, she adopts a camouflaged shell of spikes, which she finds quite fashionable.
- Broodmother's fangs contain paralyzing venom.
- Broodmother's carapace is made of chitin.
Broodmother and her spiderlings were once revered by a cult near Mount Pyrotheos, who believed their insatiable hunger was divine. The cult constructed metal armor for her from the flames beneath Mount Pyrotheo's caldera. Worshipers would then offer that armor to Broodmother before throwing themselves into her webs to be devoured. The cult of spiders has since disappeared, leaving only pieces of armor scattered across Broodmother's endless webs.
Once, an unnamed blacksmith wandered into Black Arachnia's lair. Fearing for his life, he begged the Broodmother to spare him, and in return, he would craft her a set of armor. Black Arachnia agreed, and the blacksmith set about, measuring and forging a new set of spider armor, using metal collected from the discarded armor of knights who had fallen prey to the Broodmother. He completed eight spiked leg guards, each fashioned from the breastplate of a fallen knight. Then, with trembling hands, the blacksmith laid a metal headpiece on Black Arachnia's head, saying "A crown fit for a queen". Satisfied, Black Arachnia upheld her promise, and set the blacksmith free–only to watch him be eaten alive by her spiderlings.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Broodmother
- Play Mother that you are, you have my great respect.
- Play Just to be clear, if I call you mate, I don't mean it literally.
- Play Play Let's just get through this Arachnia.
- Play Play Would it kill you to walk around like how we first met?
- Play Come, we will spin them into death, Broodmother.
Enemies meeting Broodmother
Enemies killing Broodmother
- Play Who said Axe fears spiders? Axe wants to know their name.
- Play Broodmother, if you weren't already--ugh, never mind!
- Play You can't hide in your web forever.
- Play Your wealth of legs offends me.
- Play I would trample your bones to dust, if you had any.
- Play This is no place for a mother.
- Play Pick a different place to raise a family next time.
- Play Throw down your arms.
- Play Your minions, my fuel.
- Play Play Through all of your snares, Blade Fury cuts like silk.
- Play All those eyes and you didn't see me coming.
- Play Too many legs make for a messy gait.
- Play Play It's over between us Arachnia!
- Play Caught in your own web, ahe.
- Play Oh! I almost missed you.
- Play Eight legs and still you stumbled.
- Play Where you're going, you won't need any eyes.
- Play An eye for an eye, for an eye.
- Play You should have stayed in your cold den, Broodmother.
- Play Broodmother, you should have stayed in your cold den.
Enemies dying to Broodmother
- Play Broodmotherfuh…
- Play She waits for you patiently, plucking her strings with all eight eyes a-doze.
- Play Play Hey Broodmother: Are you watching? ARE YOU WATCHING?!
- Play Play I'll pretend I didn't enjoy this.
- Play Play No more hiding!
- Play Play I will crush you underfoot!
- Thorned Abdomen of Malice description.
- Thorned Skitterers of Despite description.
- Incapacitating Bite description.
- Bladed Abdomen of the Brood Queen description.
- Steelweb Shell description.
- Steelweb Sheaths description.
- Steelweb Cuirass description.
- The Brood Queen Set description.
- Legs of the Brood Queen description.
- Crown of the Brood Queen description.