From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Berserker's Call forces Broodmother to reveal herself, and can be used to clean up spiderlings.
- Greevil's Greed can rack up huge amounts of gold from spiderlings.
- Quill Spray kills spiderlings very quickly.
- Track keeps Broodmother visible to her enemies.
- Ion Shell zones out Broodmother in the lanining phase, and can kill her spiderlings if used on one spiderling in a group.
- Vacuum can pull Broodmother out of the treeline.
- Echo Slam will kill all of Broodmother's spiderlings, and deal tremendous damage as a result.
- Fissure can find Broodmother when she retreats to the treeline.
- All of Ember Spirit's abilities will clean up spiderlings quickly, and can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- Overwhelming Odds gains a large damage bonus when it strikes many spiderlings.
- Earthbind easily catches spiderlings, and Poof destroys them.
- Broodmother's Orchid Malevolence will rarely kill Meepo, as he can simply cycle low health clones away.
- Shadow Fiend's Shadow Blade allows him to sneak up on Broodmother, and use Requiem of Souls while she is pushing lanes.
- Shadow Fiend's Black King Bar and Manta Style will purge the silence from Broodmother's Orchid Malevolence.
- Spiderlings are good source of souls for Necromastery.
- Shadowraze clears our spiderlings very quickly.
- Great Cleave cleans up Spiderlings very quickly.
- Timbersaw's abilities destroys the trees that Broodmother hides in, and his AoE abilities make short work of her spiderlings.
- Insatiable Hunger steals little damage from Reactive Armor.
- Timber Chain's high mobility makes Incapacitating Bite's slow irrelevant.
- With enough spiderlings around her, Winter's Curse can kill Broodmother by itself.
- Heroes that can detect invisibility will do well against Broodmother: Zeus, Slardar, Bloodseeker
- Heroes with high mobility can chase down Broodmother when she escapes into the trees.
- Heroes with area of effect nukes destroy Broodermother's spiderlings quickly.
- Gem of True Sight detects Broodmother in her web.
- Sentry Ward detects Broodmother, and can be placed in the treelines to set up an ambush.
- Blink Dagger, followed by a disabling ability, can catch Broodmother in the trees.
- Boots of Travel intercepts Broodmother's split pushing attempts.
- Vanguard reduces damage from spiderlings.
- Crimson Guard greatly reduces damage from spiderlings.
- Radiance's Burn destroys spiderlings easily, and disables Broodmother's unobstructed movement.
- Diffusal Blade stops Broodmother from getting away.
- Battle Fury wipes out spiderlings quickly, and prevents them from surrounding a target.
- Maelstrom and Mjollnir helps ranged heroes clear out spiderlings quickly.
- Necronomicon provides as moving source of True Sight to detect Broodmother if she runs into her webs.
Good against...Ancient Apparition
- Ancient Apparitions has no means to escape from spiderlings.
- Broodmother's move speed from Spin Web makes Ancient Apparition's abilities hard to hit, and the high regeneration make them not even worth the effort without killing Broodmother.
- She can also force Ancient Apparition to waste his abilities by running him down, then backing off.
- Incapacitating Bite makes attacks from Chilling Touch miss.
- Chen's low mobility and lack of AoE abilities makes him an easy target for Broodmother and her spiderlings.
- Broodmother can easily pick off Chen's creeps with Spawn Spiderlings, and by ambushing them through terrain in her web.
- Drow Ranger's lack of mobility makes her easy prey for Broodmother and her spiderlings.
- Enchantress' lack of AoE abilities allows Broodmother to swarm her with spiderlings.
- Spawn Spiderlings can kill enchanted creeps.
- Sprout cannot protect Nature's Prophet if Broodmother puts down a web.
- Nature's Prophet's low mobility means he is defenseless against Incapacitating Bite.
- Spiderlings absorb much of the damage from Wrath of Nature.
- Phantom Assassin's single target abilities make her very helpless against swarms of spiderlings.
- Because Phantom Assassin is always reliant on critical strikes, Broodmother will usually have enough time to use Spin Web to save herself.
- Sniper is completely helpless against Incapacitating Bite, and can be seriously damaged by spiderlings in lane.
- Spiderlings melt away Living Armor almost instantly.
- The vision from Eyes In The Forest may prove dangerous for Broodmother, however.
- Support heroes with low mobility can be slowed further by Incapacitating Bite, and swarmed by spiderlings for an easy kill: Shadow Shaman, Visage, Dazzle, Rubick, Lich
- Blade Mail is ineffective because Broodmother will recover most of the reflected damage with Insatiable Hunger.
Works well with...Lifestealer
- Infest can surprise an enemy when used on a Broodmother hidden in her webs.
- Open Wounds' lifesteal stacks with the lifesteal from Insatiable Hunger, meaning that Broodmother will steal more than 100% of the damage she deals. Together, this allows Broodmother and Lifestealer to win in outnumbered scenarios.
- Broodmother often purchases Vladmir's Offering, whose lifesteal stacks with Lifestealer's abilities.