From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Death Prophet Lion
- Hex's instant cast time will force Brewmaster into the awkward situation of needing some form of magic immunity or block to prevent being immediately hex upon blinking in, or wait until Lion has used all his crowd control before entering a fight. His direct magic burst also makes Brewmaster's Drunken Brawler worthless versus Lion.
- Has instant stun like lion.
- Ancient Seal's instant cast time will often silence Brewmaster before he can do anything.
- Brewmaster also has no defense against Skywrath Mage's massive magical damage.
- In general, Brewmaster is very vulnerable to heroes with silence abilities.
- Blinking heroes like Anti-Mage or Queen of Pain can often chase down an injured Brewmaster after his ultimate expires.
- Drunken Haze will cause Huskar to miss most of his attacks, preventing both his damage output and his lifesteal.
- Brewmaster can use Cyclone to disable Huskar's healer for much longer than most other heroes can, to make Huskar vulnerable.
- Huskar has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by himself, but can cut a good amount of his high health away if Huskar's team wants to burst Brewmaster down during a different disable.
- Brewmaster can make the Spirit Bear a much smaller threat with Drunken Haze.
- Cyclone removes the bear from a fight so that his team can easily focus on the hero.
- While most heroes would be worn down by a Spirit Bear Radiance in the time it takes to kill Lone Druid, Brewmaster is protected in Primal Split.
- Although Lycan cannot be slowed during Shapeshift, Drunken Haze is still a valuable tool for causing both Lycan and his wolves to miss attacks, which is his only way of dealing damage.
- Brewmaster can waste a large portion of Lycan's ultimate by putting him in Cyclone.
- Lycan has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by himself.
- Lycan's team often tries to push towers as a group, and Brewmaster excels at winning teamfights while trying to defend a tower.
- Templar Assassin has no way to damage heroes other than attacking, making Drunken Haze a great way to shut her down.
- The three Primal Spirits all attacking Templar Assassin at once will remove her Refraction quickly, especially with Fire Panda's Permanent Immolation.
- Templar Assassin has no way to stop Brewmaster from using Primal Split by herself, and may get unlucky and miss her Meld if trying to burst him during her ally's disable.
- Drunken Haze will cause Ursa to miss most of his attacks, and can be kept on him constantly.
- If Ursa uses Enrage Brewmaster can use Cyclone to render him harmless during his ultimate.
- Brewmaster has two spells to slow down Ursa, allowing his team to kite him around easily.
- In general, Brewmaster's blind, evasion and disables makes him good against physical damage carries: Ursa, Clinkz, Faceless Void, Troll Warlord, Templar Assassin, Phantom Assassin.
- Although he usually saves it for teamfights, Brewmaster has the option to use Primal Split to gank underfarmed heroes, especially supports, by himself.
Works well with...Dazzle Omniknight
- With his Repel Omniknight can protect Brewmaster from stuns and silences allowing him to safely use his Primal Split.
- With Fate's Edict and False Promise Oracle can basically guarantee that Brewmster gets to use his Primal Split.
- Tiny can use Toss to throw Brewmaster into fights and allow him to gets off a good Thunder Clap and Primal Split.