From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Bad against...Arc Warden
- Arc Warden when equipped with Tempest Double and Flux can make him helpless and more effective with Necronomicon 3 which always reveal him without Dust of Appearance, Sentry Ward or Gem of True Sight.
- Because Bounty Hunter doesn't have good mobility apart from Shadow Walk, he will be caught by Earthbind from Meepo. If he doesn't build Black King Bar, Poof will kill him. Even if he survives damage from Poof. Geostrike will not let him escape twice because his HP is less than the clones of Meepo.
- Slardar's Corrosive Haze provides True Sight on its target, thus exposing Bounty Hunter's position regardless of Shadow Walk.
- Spirit Breaker's Charge of Darkness temporarily provides vision on his target, primarily renders Bounty Hunter's Shadow Walk useless during charge.
- Familiar's Stone Form stun and Grave Chill make Bounty hunter helpless and Soul Assumption is good for finish strike.
- Although Rubick is squishy hero and vulnerable for track-kill, he will be most likely able to steal Track and use it several times himself.
- Tinker who always hides after sending his March of the Machines. Makes track impossible because there is no vision of him. Also his low HP may be tasty prey of Tinker until he buys Black King Bar.
- Bristleback's Viscous Nasal Goo can catch Bounty Hunter. Warpath and Quill Spray can defeat him in short times due to his small HP pool when compared to Bristleback's.
- Slark has higher mobility than BH. If Slark has True Sight and BH doesn't have Black King Bar. Pounce will shut him down completely. One more reason, Dark Pact removes Track.
- Night Stalker's Silence at night prevents Shadow Walk and his Void will make Phase Boots useless. If Balanar has True Sight, he can shutdown BH's sneak kill.
- Heroes that are naturally hard to gank, ranging from beefy tanks like Abaddon and Wraith King to heroes with quick escape mechanisms like Anti-Mage and Storm Spirit are also undesirable targets for a lone, roaming Bounty Hunter to scout out and initiate on.
- Heroes that can remove the Track debuff with their skills:
- Abaddon with Aphotic Shield and Borrowed Time
- Huskar with Life Break
- Juggernaut with Blade Fury
- Legion Commander with Press the Attack
- Lifestealer with Rage and Infest
- Naga Siren with Mirror Image
- Omniknight with Repel
- Oracle with Fortune's End and False Promise
- Phantom Lancer with Doppelganger
- Slark with Dark Pact
- Ursa with Enrage
- Weaver with Time Lapse
- Necronomicon 3 gives True Sight on Bounty Hunter.
- Being visible while escaping is horror for Bounty Hunter, so bring Dust of Appearance to chase him off.
- Observer Ward and Sentry Ward together at key locations will give out Bonty Hunter's position when he is moving and helps your team to avoid his ganks. If you can gather your allies, you may also try catching Bonty Hunter before he can make his move.
- Gem of True Sight is reasonable if you are durable enough.
- Lotus Orb, Black King Bar, Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Manta Style are good for removing Track, in addition to their other useful effects.
Good against...Ancient Apparition
- Ancient Apparition is slow and squishy making him a prime target.
- Track reveals Clinkz during his Skeleton Walk to Bounty Hunter and his team.
- Before he get's his Death Pact at level 6, Clinkz is pretty squishy making him a good ganking target, if you bring detection against his Skeleton Walk.
- She has very low health and is extremely slow, making her an easy target for Bounty Hunter.
- Enigma usually starts in the jungle, making him a good target to follow around with your Shadow Walk and stealing his experience.
- Shuriken Toss allows you to cancel his Black Hole until Enigma gets a Black King Bar.
- Nyx Assassin wants to start tanking as soon as he gets his Vendetta. Keeping him Tracked prevents him from ganking, and thus from doing his job in the game.
- Nyx Assassin has a lot of armor and health regen, making the nuke damage from Shuriken Toss very good against him.
- Riki is a hero that heavily relies on his Permanent Invisibility, making your Track a great way to counter him.
- Bounty Hunter can absolutely destroy a Shadow Fiend's game, by ganking his midlane with Shadow Walk, Jinada and Shuriken Toss.
- If his lane goes bad a Shadow Fiend usually goes to the jungle. Follow him with Shadow Walk and take half of his experience.
- Shuriken Toss is a good way to cancel Shadow Fiend's Requiem of Souls.
- Using Track will allow Bounty and his teammates to see Weaver, even through his Shukuchi.
- Track is a good way to break Linken's Sphere and he can use Track again before Linken's Sphere comes back off cooldown.
- Track maintains vision on Monkey King preventing him from hiding and initiating using Tree Dance and Primal Spring respectively.
- Heroes that rely on Invisibility ( Shadow Blade, Silver Edge, Glimmer Cape or heroes with an invisibility skill) can make significant targets for Bounty Hunter.
- Heroes that want to start in the jungle ( Enigma, Chen, …).
- Fragile Heroes can be priority targets since their Low HP can be dealt with high nuke damage.
- Heroes with low mobility can make secondary priority targets, since Jinada is a movement speed disable. Bounty Hunter can really gain the advantage for his allies.
- Track is good for breaking enemy Linken's Sphere core hero like Medusa, Weaver, Puck, ….
Works well with...Bloodseeker
- Thirst allows Bounty Hunter to find and kill low HP heroes.
- When a Tracked hero tries to run away, Natures Prophet can use his Teleportation to cut off their way.
- Spectre is able to use Haunt to appear next to any target that is Tracked.
- Track will help accelerate Spectre's farm by giving her extra gold.
- Thundergod's Wrath and Lightning Bolt reveal invisible heroes, allowing Bounty Hunter to Track them.
- Heroes with global presence such as Spirit Breaker, Spectre and Nature's Prophet are excellent heroes to accompany Bounty Hunter with ganks. Lifestealer can also jump into Bounty Hunter with Infest to assist with Track kills.
- Additionally, cores with strong early game presence such as Phantom Assassin and Juggernaut can snowball harder as they can join the fray earlier and start helping with Track kills.