Gondar the Bounty Hunter is a melee agility Hero that excels in dealing high amounts of damage to single targets. Bounty Hunter can easily gank other lanes, using his Shadow Walk to sneak up on enemies and get easy kills. Shadow Walk also allows him to escape from dangerous situations, making him very elusive. Bounty Hunter can be played as a carry, though it is not recommended. Bounty Hunter is also extremely deadly as an offlaner, thanks to Track, which will grant True Sight, movement speed, and bonus gold, and Jinada, which amplifies the damage of his next attack every few seconds.
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
- Track provides a great deal of benefits to the team, the vision and movement speed help with ganking enemies as well as with avoiding enemy ganks, and the bonus gold will provide a big advantage over the enemy team if you get kills. You should try to cast it on every enemy hero, though priority targets should be carries as well as those that can go invisible.
- Despite being classified a carry, Bounty Hunter is also a strong ganker. Your abilities give you a great deal of power in the mid game, you should use this time to gank enemies as the bonus gold from Track more than makes up for the farm you may miss.
- It is possible to get the bonus damage of Shadow Walk twice by attacking once during the fade time and once to break the invisibility. This can help securing last hits or harassing.
- Getting an Orb of Venom is an extremely effective item when ganking in the early phase of the game as the 12% slow together with the slow from Jinada can make your opponent much easier to kill.
- Remember that Shuriken Toss mini-stuns the target, it's better to save it until the enemy uses a channeling spell or to prevent an enemy escape using Teleport.
- Battle Fury is a great item for Bounty Hunter because cleave allows the physical damage burst from Jinada to hit multiple enemies, allowing Bounty Hunter to gank clustered enemy heroes. It also gives HP and mana regeneration that will allow moderate usage of abilities in the early game.
- Bounty Hunter is also a viable roaming support against gank heavy lineups. Building items focused on disabling and mana regeneration will allow Bounty Hunter to counter-gank by keeping the enemy ganker Tracked and ambush him when he's just about to gank. This would be unadvisable if your team lack damage dealing heroes as it will probably cripple Bounty Hunter's farm as he will only rely on bonus gold from Track instead of farming in the lane.
- This tactic will also allow Bounty Hunter to ward the enemy jungle safely, exposing the enemy carry to ganks if he chooses to farm the jungle.
- Bounty Hunter can also choose to snipe the enemy courier in early stages when it's still not upgraded. It will provide a huge advantage to your team as it will give your whole team a gold boost and delay the enemy from getting their items in the laning phase.
- a Blink Dagger will allow Bounty Hunter to disengage from fights even if he gets hit by Dust of Appearance. This will make him incredibly slippery and hard to shut down. He can also use it to initiate then use Shadow Walk to escape if the situation becomes unfavorable.
- In DotA, Gondar shared the same hero model and dialogue as Akama, a playable Broken Draenei hero in the campaign of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and later an NPC in World of Warcraft.
- Gondar's line, "Play No job is too big, no fee is too big." is a reference to the movie Ghostbusters.
- Fixed Shadow Walk damaging buildings.
- [Undocumented] Added Teleport animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Clinkz, Lifestealer, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
- [Undocumented] Added Haste Run animations for Bounty Hunter and Enchantress.
- [Undocumented] Added Spawn animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
- [Undocumented] Added Victory & Defeated animations for Bounty Hunter.
- Fixed Jinada proccing on Tombstone.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes allow Jinada to work on buildings.
- Fixed turn rates for the following heroes: Lifestealer, Alchemist, Clockwerk, Bounty Hunter, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Ancient Apparition, Brewmaster, Chen, Silencer, Lone Druid, Spectre and Spiritbreaker.
- Fixed Alchemist's Unstable Concoction and Bounty Hunter's Track being castable on Spirit Bear/Golem.
- [Undocumented] Updated the hero selection portrait for Bounty Hunter.
- Fixed illusions procing Jinada's critical strike.
- Fixed Bounty Hunter and Clinkz's invisibility getting dispelled by Tornado.
- Fixed Track ignoring Linken's Sphere.
- Fixed it being possible to use Jinada cooldown without triggering a critical strike.
- Fixed Jinada working on denies.
- Fixed Jinada and Shadowblade affecting buildings.
- Fixed Track giving bonus gold for dead illusions.
- Fixed Track not being dispelled by Time Lapse, Repel, Purge, etc.
- Fixed Track debuff icon not showing.
- Enabled Ursa and Bounty Hunter in Captain's Mode.
- Removed track casting effect from enemy vision.
- Fixed a number of abilities having incorrect interaction with Sphere: Slithereen Crush, Jinada, Wind Walk, Echo Slam, Moon Glaive, Death Pulse, Purification, Scream of Pain, Fatal Bonds.
- bonus gold for self increased from 150/200/250 to 200/275/350
- cooldown reduced from 10/7/5 to 4
- Shuriken Toss now bounces to all Tracked units within a 900 range.
- Shadow Walk duration increased from 15/20/25/30 to 20/25/30/35.
- Track cast range increased from 900/1050/1200 to 1200.
- Track manacost from 70/60/50 to 50.
- Track no longer reduces armor.
- Track gold bonus for Bounty Hunter increased from 75/150/225 to 150/200/250.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Base intelligence increased from 16 to 19.
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Jinada's cooldown decreased from 15/12/9/6 to 12/10/8/6.
- Track's team bonus gold from 50 to 50/100/150 (this is still considered Reliable Gold)
- Increased Track's movement bonus aoe from 800 to 900.
- Increased armor by 2.
- Jinada critical strike increased from 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25.
- Track cast range increased from 750/950/1150 to 900/1050/1200.
- Jinada cooldown from 21/16/11/6 to 15/12/9/6.
- Now gives 50 bonus bounty to all units affected by the track aura of that target.
- Bonus gold is treated as Reliable Gold.
- Tracked targets now have a visual effect above their head that is only shown to Bounty Hunter's allies. Neither the target nor any enemy can see it.
- Added to Captain's Mode.
- Jinada cooldown improved from 22/17/12/7 to 21/16/11/6.
- Reworked Jinada
- Crit: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0x
- Crit Chance: 15%
- Evasion: 5/10/15/20%
- Passive. Adds a critical strike and small maim to your next attack. Has a cooldown.
- Critical Strike: 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0x
- Maim: 25% MS/AS for 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 22/17/12/7
- Imported a custom model for him that has his selection box fixed.
- Reworked Bounty Hunter's Track.
- The movement bonus is now given in an area around the tracked unit to all allied units. The bonus bounty is given to bounty hunter as long as the target dies while under the buff, the killer is not a factor. See tooltip for more data. Costs 50 mana all levels.
- Lowered Bounty Hunter's Shadow Walk cooldown.
- Improved Shuriken Toss cast range.
- Track cast range improved per level
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Bounty Hunter wind walk damage and mana cost improved.
- Track now gives bonus speed to Bounty Hunter when cast, mana cost increased a bit.
- Bounty Hunter's Windwalk gives no speed bonus.
- Balance tweaks done to the following heroes (Don't panic, these are mostly VERY minor, but you guys like to know, so here):
- Broodmother, Sven, SA, Enigma, Ursa, Tinker, Tiny, Sniper, Troll, Rhasta, Bristleback, Dragon Knight, Venomancer, Viper, Spiritbreaker, Bounty Hunter, Jugg, VS, Zeus, Weaver, Tide Hunter, Enchantress and Silencer.
- Tweaked bount hunter's ww