Gondar the Bounty Hunter is a melee agility Hero that excels in dealing high amounts of damage to single targets. Bounty Hunter can easily gank other lanes, using his Shadow Walk to sneak up on enemies and get easy kills. Shadow Walk also allows him to escape from dangerous situations, making him very elusive. Bounty Hunter can be played as a carry, though it is not recommended. Bounty Hunter is also extremely deadly as an offlaner, thanks to Track, which will grant True Sight, movement speed, and bonus gold, and Jinada, which amplifies the damage of his next attack every few seconds.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Recommended items explanations must not be opinionated or contain suggestions. Please refer to the style guide for more information.
- Track provides a great deal of benefits to the team, the vision and movement speed help with ganking enemies as well as with avoiding enemy ganks, and the bonus gold will provide a big advantage over the enemy team if you get kills. You should try to cast it on every enemy hero, though priority targets should be carries as well as those that can go invisible.
- Despite being classified a carry, Bounty Hunter is also a strong ganker. Your abilities give you a great deal of power in the mid game, you should use this time to gank enemies as the bonus gold from Track more than makes up for the farm you may miss.
- Although it provides a great deal of benefits, Battle Fury is not always the best item to get since its main purpose is to farm. It may be better to opt for an Orchid Malevolence, Medallion of Courage, or other such items that will help you gank better early on.
- It is possible to get the bonus damage of Shadow Walk twice by attacking once during the fade time and once to break the invisibility. This can help securing last hits or harassing.
- Getting an Orb of Venom is an extremely effective item when ganking in the early phase of the game as the 12% slow together with the slow from Jinada can make your opponent much easier to kill.
- In DotA, Gondar shared the same hero model and dialogue as Akama, a playable Broken Draenei hero in the campaign of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and later an NPC in World of Warcraft.
- Jinada is the chinese translation for the japanese term Ninjutsu, which refers to guerilla warfare tactics.
- Gondar's line "No job is too big, no fee is too big" is a quote from Bill Murray in the movie "Ghostbusters".
 Update history
- Fixed Shadow Walk damaging buildings.
- [Undocumented] Added Teleport animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Clinkz, Lifestealer, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
- [Undocumented] Added Haste Run animations for Bounty Hunter and Enchantress.
- [Undocumented] Added Spawn animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Necrolyte and Shadow Shaman.
- [Undocumented] Added Victory & Defeated animations for Bounty Hunter.
- Fixed Jinada proccing on Tombstone.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes allow Jinada to work on buildings.
- Fixed turn rates for the following heroes: Lifestealer, Alchemist, Clockwerk, Bounty Hunter, Dark Seer, Dazzle, Ancient Apparition, Brewmaster, Chen, Silencer, Lone Druid, Spectre and Spiritbreaker.
- Fixed Alchemist's Unstable Concoction and Bounty Hunter's Track being castable on Spirit Bear/Golem.
- [Undocumented] Updated the hero selection portrait for Bounty Hunter.
- Fixed illusions procing Jinada's critical strike.
- Fixed Bounty Hunter and Clinkz's invisibility getting dispelled by Tornado.
- Fixed Track ignoring Linken's Sphere.
- Fixed it being possible to use Jinada cooldown without triggering a critical strike.
- Fixed Jinada working on denies.
- Fixed Jinada and Shadowblade affecting buildings.
- Fixed Track giving bonus gold for dead illusions.
- Fixed Track not being dispelled by Time Lapse, Repel, Purge, etc.
- Fixed Track debuff icon not showing.
- Enabled Ursa and Bounty Hunter in Captain's Mode.
- Removed track casting effect from enemy vision.
- Fixed a number of abilities having incorrect interaction with Sphere: Slithereen Crush, Jinada, Wind Walk, Echo Slam, Moon Glaive, Death Pulse, Purification, Scream of Pain, Fatal Bonds.
 Balance changelog
- Track manacost from 70/60/50 to 50.
- Track no longer reduces armor.
- Track gold bonus for Bounty Hunter increased from 75/150/225 to 150/200/250.
- Base intelligence increased from 16 to 19.
- Base HP regeneration increased from 0.25 to 0.75.
- Jinada's cooldown decreased from 15/12/9/6 to 12/10/8/6.
- Track's team bonus gold from 50 to 50/100/150 (this is still considered Reliable Gold)
- Increased Track's movement bonus aoe from 800 to 900.
- Increased armor by 2.
- Jinada critical strike increased from 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0 to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25.
- Track cast range increased from 750/950/1150 to 900/1050/1200.
- Jinada cooldown from 21/16/11/6 to 15/12/9/6.
- Now gives 50 bonus bounty to all units affected by the track aura of that target.
- Bonus gold is treated as Reliable Gold.
- Tracked targets now have a visual effect above their head that is only shown to Bounty Hunter's allies. Neither the target nor any enemy can see it.
- Jinada cooldown improved from 22/17/12/7 to 21/16/11/6.
- Reworked Jinada
- Crit: 1.25/1.5/1.75/2.0x
- Crit Chance: 15%
- Evasion: 5/10/15/20%
- Passive. Adds a critical strike and small maim to your next attack. Has a cooldown.
- Critical Strike: 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0x
- Maim: 25% MS/AS for 3 seconds
- Cooldown: 22/17/12/7
- Imported a custom model for him that has his selection box fixed.
- Reworked Bounty Hunter's Track.
- Lowered Bounty Hunter's Shadow Walk cooldown.
- Improved Shuriken Toss cast range.
 Replaced Abilities
 See also