|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
Gondar the Bounty Hunter is a melee agility Hero that excels at hunting, chasing down and killing single targets. His skill set allows him to roam and gank very effectively, as his Shadow Walk allows him to sneak up to unsuspecting targets to initiate. Shadow Walk is also an effective escape and mobility spell, as he can run from dangerous situations and roam invisibly around the map to keep the enemy guessing even if they have Observer Wards active. His ability to deal medium amounts of damage with Jinada, interrupt their Town Portal Scrolls with Shuriken Toss, and keep perfect tabs on their location and movements with Track all make him a powerful and ruthless ganker who is all but impossible to escape once he has his sights locked in. Bounty Hunter's ability to roam, scout and get important kills for his team while bolstering their gold gain with Track can secure his team a strong gold advantage, and give his foes no safe place to hide.
|Gondar, the Bounty Hunter|
|Play "No job is too big; no fee is too big."|
|Role:||Escape / Nuker|
|Lore:||When the hunted tell tales of Gondar the Bounty Hunter, none are sure of which are true. In whispered tones they say he was abandoned as a kit, learning his skill in tracking as a matter of simple survival. Others hear he was an orphan of war, taken in by the great Soruq the Hunter to learn the master’s skill with a blade as they plumbed the dark forests for big game. Still others believe he was a lowly street urchin raised among a guild of cutpurses and thieves, trained in the arts of stealth and misdirection. Around campfires in the wild countryside his quarry speaks the rumors of Gondar’s work, growing ever more fearful: they say it was he who tracked down the tyrant King Goff years after the mad regent went into hiding, delivering his head and scepter as proof. That it was he who infiltrated the rebel camps at Highseat, finally bringing the legendary thief White Cape to be judged for his crimes. And that it was he who ended the career of Soruq the Hunter, condemned as a criminal for killing the Prince’s prized hellkite. The tales of Gondar’s incredible skill stretch on, with each daring feat more unbelievable than the last, each target more elusive. For the right price, the hunted know, anyone can be found. For the right price, even the mightiest may find fear in the shadows.|
|Voice:||Michael Gregory (Responses)|
Does not stun or attempt to damage spell immune units.
Can jump to and off of spell immune units.
- The shuriken travels at a speed of 1000.
- Shuriken Toss can be disjointed by all targets.
- When disjointed, it stops bouncing.
- The initial target does not have to be Tracked for the shuriken to bounce.
- Can only bounce to each unit once.
- When upgraded by Aghanim's Scepter, the shuriken bounces on each tracked enemies a second time.
- It first jumps on all tracked units it didn't jump to yet. If no such enemies are found, it jumps to tracked enemies it jumped onto already.
- Cannot bounce on the same unit twice in a row, so if used against a lone tracked target, it is only hit once.
- Choosing the damage upgrading talent immediately upgrades all of Bounty Hunter's currently flying shurikens.
- When off cooldown, Bounty Hunter's weapons emit particle effects.
- Checks its cooldown on attack begin, not on attack hit.
- This means Jinada does not apply when it went off cooldown during the attack animation.
- Does not interrupt Bounty Hunter's channeling spells upon cast.
- The bonus damage is not added to Bounty Hunter's attack damage.
- During the fade time, Bounty Hunter can cast spells, use items and perform attacks without breaking the invisibility.
- Those attacks apply the Shadow Walk damage.
- The invisibility is broken upon reaching the cast point of spells or items, or upon landing an attack. Missed attacks do not break it.
- Shadow Walk allows Bounty Hunter to pass through other units, including wards, but not through buildings.
- Bounty Hunter can pick up, drop or attack items without breaking the invisibility.
- Despite the visual effect, the Track debuff is applied instantly on the target.
- Grants the gold to Bounty Hunter and his allies around the target when the target dies, no matter how it dies.
- The bonus gold is added as reliable gold.
- Allies only get the bonus gold if they are within 900 range of the tracked hero while alive. Bounty Hunter himself gets the gold regardless of distance, even while dead.
- The move speed is provided by an aura on the target. Its buff lingers for 0.5 seconds. Multiple instances of the aura do not stack.
- When multiple Meepos are tracked and one of them dies, each Meepo grants the Track gold around them.
- The visual effects and sound of Track are only visible and audible to Bounty Hunter and his allies. However, the debuff is visible to everyone.
- The visual effects on allies given by the move speed buff are visible to everyone as well.
- The debuff icon on the target shows how much gold it currently has.
|-5s Jinada Cooldown||25||25% Evasion|
|+120 Damage||20||+75 Shuriken Toss Damage|
|+15 Movement Speed||15||+40 Attack Speed|
|+20% XP Gain||10||+175 Health|
- Upgrading health increases maximum health capacity and keeps the current health percentage.
- The attack damage is added as bonus attack damage, and therefore does not benefit illusions.
- The evasion stacks multiplicatively with other sources of evasion.
- One each of Tango and Healing Salve are basic regen requirements that can keep Bounty Hunter in-lane despite enemy harass.
- Clarity is useful for allowing Bounty Hunter to maintain casting his spells, as his base mana pool is quite small and Shadow Walk costs little mana to cast.
- Remaining inventory space should be filled with Iron Branches, as they provide stats that improve survivability. Given the cost of above items, enough gold is usually left over for one.
- Stout Shield provides damage block to counter physical harassment, and is effectively mandatory when playing in the off-lane.
- Boots of Speed are important for survival as an off-laner, and important for getting in position for ganks as a roamer. Buy them as early as possible.
- Orb of Venom is a powerful early-game complement to Jinada, as the combination of slows can reduce a target's movement speed by up to 45%.
- Poor Man's Shield gives Bounty Hunter additional armor and base damage, on top of a reliable damage block against hero harass.
- Urn of Shadows is a good item to get on Bounty Hunter once he begins roaming, as it firms up his HP pool and gives him some mana regen. Getting successful ganks off will get charges that can be used either to add Pure damage in further ganks or to heal in between ganks.
- Magic Stick is highly recommended on Bounty Hunter, as his small HP pool makes it disparately effective on him and his spells have low cooldowns (and a high mana cost, in the case of Shuriken Toss). A full charge Magic Stick can replenish a large fraction of Bounty Hunter's health, and give him enough mana to cast multiple spells. Magic Wand is powerful for all the same reasons, giving Bounty Hunter additional stats as well as larger charge storage.
- Phase Boots give Bounty Hunter increased mobility, and the bonus damage synergizes best with Jinada. Be careful when using the active, as doing so will break Shadow Walk invisibility.
- Bottle is very effective on Bounty Hunter both as an off-laner and roamer. The low mana cost of his spells and his small HP pool mean that he gets a lot of benefits from the regen, and his mobility with Shadow Walk allows him to bottle runes as needed.
- Drum of Endurance gives comprehensive attribute bonuses as well as increasing Bounty Hunter and his allies' movement speed, important for getting ganks off. Activating it during a gank or fight can give teammates a tremendous movement speed boost that stacks with that of Track, giving your allies a decisive edge in mobility.
- Orchid Malevolence greatly increases the size of Bounty Hunter's mana pool, as well as giving him powerful mana regen to let him sustain without having to return to the fountain as often. The silence is a powerful ganking tool, as it prevents foes from retaliating during a gank and can help ensure a kill due to the damage amplification at the end of the silence.
- Monkey King Bar drastically increases Bounty Hunter's initiating power, as the increased damage can deal tremendous damage when combined with Jinada. The True Strike prevents missing from blind and evasion, and the Mini-Bash gives a chance to interrupt channeling spells without immediately resorting to Shuriken Toss.
- Vladmir's Offering allows Bounty Hunter to lifesteal, giving him a measure of sustainability by attacking creeps. The basic mana and health regen it provides makes him a more independent roamer, and the bonus damage and armor improve his offensive and defensive capabilities. Beware purchasing this item when initiating on foes in-lane though, as the lifesteal aura may give away your position.
- Butterfly gives Bounty Hunter increased damage and attack speed, and the evasion gives him survivability against physical attacks. As well, the active can be used to improve mobility while roaming, at the cost of the evasion.
- Linken's Sphere protects Bounty Hunter from targeted spells, on top of the stat and regen improvement. Blocking an enemy from targeting you with a disable or debuff can drastically improve Bounty Hunter's survivability when evading enemy ganks, and can increase the chances of successful ganks by preventing the enemy from counter-disabling you.
- Black King Bar gives Bounty Hunter a way to contribute directly in teamfights, as he can fight the enemy without worrying about being disabled by their spells. The stats increase his HP pool and damage output as well.
- Medallion of Courage is a useful mid-game utility item that increases Bounty Hunter's damage output. The armor gives him more survivability while the mana regen allows him to sustain his mana pool somewhat, and the active can be used shortly after initiation to increase a target's vulnerability to physical damage.
- Desolator is a powerful initiating item as it drastically increases the damage taken from attacking a target out of Shadow Walk with Jinada. The armor reduction helps allies to add their damage in a gank, ensuring a swift kill.
- Ring of Basilius can be a useful laning item to build, as Bounty Hunter's spells cost very little mana and his base intelligence is somewhat low. The additional armor and damage also help him to survive, and it can be disassembled later and the Sage's Mask recycled for another item, since Bounty Hunter's intelligence growth makes the Sage's Mask better for mana regen once he hits level 6.
- Blink Dagger greatly extends Bounty Hunter's already strong mobility, as he can chase and escape over impassable terrain, especially when combined with Track. It can be used in conjunction with Shadow Walk to allow for powerful initiations and chasing, preventing targets from running away under even the best of circumstances.
- Aether Lens can be a powerful utility item that aids Bounty Hunter's spell casting. It boosts the size of his mana pool, as well as providing HP regen for increased survivability. The increased cast range and spell damage amplification on Shuriken Toss and Track can allow Bounty Hunter to cast his spells from safer range and in some cases can allow him to more easily secure kills.
- Solar Crest can be upgraded from a purchased Medallion of Courage, and tremendously improves Bounty Hunter's survivability against physical attacks as well as giving him increased mana regen. Using the active on a gank target reduces their armor by a tremendous amount, and reduces their ability to fight back due to the induced miss chance.
- Boots of Travel give Bounty Hunter more mobility, along with freeing up inventory space due to not needing a Town Portal Scroll anymore. As such, more powerful damage or initiating items can be built, and targets can be chased more easily, as well as the global repositioning giving Bounty Hunter far more opportunities to execute ganks due to being able to teleport to allied creeps instead of just towers.
- Guardian Greaves is useful if you are playing Bounty Hunter support, the active replenishes health and mana to all your team and you, remove debuffs from you like some silences, and the guardian aura its strong during teamfights, it can be farmed fast with Track kills.
- Scythe of Vyse is a very strong utility item that greatly improves Bounty Hunter's disabling potential. Besides giving him all-around stats and greatly boosting his intelligence and mana regen, the Hex is an extremely powerful hard disable that can instantly disable a target from range.
- Abyssal Blade is a very expensive item, not only increasing Bounty Hunter's survivability by a lot. While the passive bash is better used on a hero with enough attack speed to proc the stun reliably, Abyssal Blade is an exception for Bounty Hunter since he can use the active to instantly stun a gank target, and disable targets through spell immunity as well.
- In DotA, Gondar shared the same hero model and dialogue as Akama, a playable Broken Draenei hero in the campaign of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and later an NPC in World of Warcraft.
- Gondar's line, Play "No job is too big, no fee is too big." is a direct quote from the movie Ghostbusters.
- Gondar's line, Play "Dead or Alive you're coming with me." is the same line used multiple times by the main protagonist of the movie "Robocop". 
- Bounty Hunter's line, Play "You can run but you can't hide." is the same line from the movie "Liar Liar."