From Dota 2 Wiki
|An old bottle that survived the ages, the contents placed inside become enchanted.|
- Bottles are fully sharable.
- However, a Bottle which currently contains a Rune cannot be shared.
- The Bottle does not disappear upon using up all charges.
- Bottles are automatically replenished when the carrier is affected by the Fountain's Rejuvenation Aura.
- A Bottle slows couriers which carry it by 30% if the Bottle is not full (3 charges). This effect stacks.
- Interrupts the user's channeling spells upon cast.
- Has no effect when used while having no charges left, only the cooldown gets triggered.
- Successive casts on the same target do not stack, but refresh the duration instead.
- When casting without the Control key, it always casts on self in one click. When holding the Control key, a target has to be selected.
- If the target is more than 600 range away, the caster moves to the target until it is within 350 range before casting.
- Couriers can cast Regenerate, putting the item on its cooldown, but not regenerating the target or wasting a charge.
- The owner does not have to face the target to give it a Bottle charge.
- Restores in the form of regeneration, so it restores 3.6 health / 2.4 mana in 0.1 second intervals, which is 36 health / 24 mana per second.
- All 3 charges together can restore up to 270 health and 180 mana.
- Fully stacks with other health and mana regeneration increasing effects.
- If a hero collects a rune with a Bottle in their inventory, the rune is stored in the bottle instead of being activated normally.
- The bottle must be in the main inventory and not muted for the rune to be stored away.
- While having a rune stored, Activating the Bottle activates the rune, instead of regenerating the user.
- The stored rune can be activated at any time by using the Bottle, considering the holder is currently able to cast items.
- Activating a Bounty rune refills the Bottle to 2 charges, and activating any other rune refills the bottle to 3 charges.
- Runes can be stored without the bottle being empty. When storing while still having charges left, the charges get lost.
- However, if it is a Bounty Rune, it does not get bottled when having 3/3 charges, and gets immediately activated instead.
- Stored Runes will automatically activate after being stored for 2 minutes.
- The rune is preserved through death and respawning, but if the owner is dead when the rune expires, the rune is lost.
- Only one rune can be stored in a Bottle at a time. Attempting to store another rune into it just directly uses the new targeted rune.
- However, it is possible to have multiple Bottles in the inventory and store a rune with each of them.
- A Bottle with a rune stored cannot be removed from the inventory.
| Double Damage
- Heroes who play in the mid-lane usually do well with a Bottle, because it allows them to control runes.
- Io can use a Bottle to increase the healing to his allies with Tether.
- The Bottle can be used as a quick healing item that can be easily replenished, or to save up a rune for later use. Though it costs significantly more than other consumables, the Bottle does not have limited uses, as it can be refilled at the fountain at any time.
- Bottles refill automatically whenever they are in the inventory of a unit which is affected by the team fountain's Rejuvenation Aura.
- The aura's buff lingers for three seconds, so for a brief time after leaving the fountain, Bottles are still refilled.
- Use the Bottle repeatedly at the fountain to regenerate faster.