From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Abaddon's Borrowed Time makes him nearly impossible to gank.
- Aphotic Shield and Mist Coil prevents Bloodseeker from gaining his Thirst bonuses.
- Shallow Grave prevents Bloodseeker from replenishing his health by finishing off enemies.
- Fire Remnant allows Ember Spirit to escape while Ruptured.
- Time Walk negates Rupture's damage.
- Chronosphere prevents Bloodseeker from running down and picking off weak enemies during teamfights.
- Mana Shield makes it very difficult for Bloodseeker to gain his Thirst bonuses.
- Rupture rarely kills Medusa through Mana Shield.
- Morph makes it very hard for Bloodseeker to kill Morphling, or gain his Thirst bonuses.
- Waveform is one of the few movement abilities that ignores Rupture's damage.
- Guardian Angel near invulnerability denies Bloodseeker the bonuses from Thirst, preventing him from gaining the upper hand in teamfights.
- Purification's pure damage makes it hard for Bloodseeker to pursue enemies, and prevents him from replenishing his health by finishing off enemies.
- Storm Spirit is invulnerable during Ball Lightning, allowing him to zip away from any ganking attempts with Rupture.
- Ball Lightning also prevents Bloodseeker from chasing down an injured Storm Spirit, or catching him in Blood Rite.
- Well planted Land Mines can lure Bloodseeker to his death during ganking attempts.
- Berserker's Rage will repeatedly stun Bloodseeker in a one-on-one fight.
- Whirling Axes (Melee) blinds Bloodseeker, causing him to miss 60% of the time, and therefore reduces his ability to gain the upper hand in teamfights.
- Damage reduction from Atrophy Aura prevents Bloodseeker from killing targets and gaining his Thirst bonuses.
- Pit of Malice's area of effect catches Bloodseeker easily, negating his speed bonus during teamfights.
- Dark Rift allows Underlord to transport any allies who may be ruptured to the fountain, rendering it useless
- Heroes with high armor and durability can be exceptionally hard for Bloodseeker to bring down: Dragon Knight, Axe
- Heroes with illusion and clone abilities may confuse Bloodseeker, causing him to waste time in fights: Phantom Lancer, Chaos Knight, Arc Warden
- Heroes with area heals prevents Bloodseeker from bringing enemies low, and therefore deny him his Thirst bonuses and health return: Necrophos, Dazzle
- Heroes with disables that go through spell immunity can end Bloodseeker before he has the chance to do anything: Batrider, Beastmaster
- Town Portal Scroll will often prevent Bloodseeker's ganking attempts, as he has no disables to interrupt it.
- Blade Mail can reflect damage from Rupture. Strength heroes with mobility skills such as Clockwerk or Centaur Warrunner can reflect large amounts of damage when Ruptured.
- Linken's Sphere prevents Rupture, although Bloodseeker can use Bloodrage first to break the passive.
- Crimson Guard lowers Bloodseeker's damage, making it difficult for his Thirst bonus to kick in.
- Heart of Tarrasque's health regeneration reduces Thirst's effectiveness.
Good against...Anti-Mage Clinkz
- Skeleton Walk is not enough to outrun Bloodseeker, and is detected by Thirst.
- Huskar is often at low health, providing large Thirst bonuses.
- Blood Rite and Rupture deal pure damage, which is unaffected by Berserker's Blood.
- Life Break can trigger Rupture's damage.
- Every Meepo clone adds to Thirst's bonuses.
- Bloodseeker can chase down retreating clones when Meepo tries to cycle weaker clones away from combat.
- Thirst detects Riki whenever his health is low.
- Rupture does large damage when Riki uses Blink Strike.
- Sniper's lack of mobility and escape mechanisms makes him one of the easier heroes for Bloodseeker to gank.
- Rupture and Blood Rite locks down Timbersaw, preventing him from escaping with Timber Chain. However, Timbersaw may reflect a good deal of damage with Blade Mail.
- Windrun triggers the damage from Rupture.
- Heroes with invisibility will be detected by Thirst: Bounty Hunter, Templar Assassin, Riki, Clinkz, Weaver
- Heroes with fast movement abilities will suffer huge damage when afflicted by Rupture.
Works well with...Ancient Apparition
- Ice Blast is very helpful when Bloodseeker is ganking, as Rupture discourages the target from moving out of Ice Blast's impact radius.
- Thirst's speed and detection allows Bloodseeker to efficiently chase down Tracked foes and claim their bounty.
- Echo Slam's initiation increases the bonuses from Thirst.
- Earthshaker's many stuns help lock down targets for Bloodseeker.
- Boulder Smashing enemies that are affected by Rupture will certainly kill them.
- Thirst helps Invoker land easy Sun Strikes on low health enemies throughout the game.
- Initiations with Sonic Wave and Scream of Pain significantly increases the bonuses from Thirst before a fight.
- Bloodseeker can also increase Queen of Pain's nuke damage with Bloodrage.
- Fatal Bonds compounds damage taken by the enemy and works at any distance, therefore greatly increasing Thirst's bonuses and helps Bloodseeker chase down fleeing targets.
- Bloodseeker can increase Zeus' damage with Bloodrage, which can greatly lower the enemy's health with Thundergod's Wrath before an engagement.
- Zeus' magical nukes greatly increases the bonus damage from Thirst.
- Heroes with powerful nukes will quickly increase the bonuses from Thirst: Skywrath Mage, Lina, Lion, Outworld Devourer, Lich
- Heroes who can move enemies over long distances while Ruptured: