He can drive targets into a maddened Bloodrage, increasing the damage of their attacks, preventing them from casting spells and bleeding their life in the frenzy. His speed is unmatched when he senses the blood of the dying, and from this perception none can escape. His own health is never a problem, as he can salve his wounds merely by bathing in the blood of the fallen. His ultimate, Rupture, sunders the skin of his victims, causing them to trail their life force behind if they dare to flee.
 Recommended items
- Bloodseeker, whilst being an efficient jungler and dual laner, is also a prime choice for solo mid, as it gives him easy access to the side lanes for ganking.
- Reaching level six as quickly as possible should be a priority of the player; ganks should not usually be attempted before he has his ultimate.
- Blood Bath gives Bloodseeker significant staying power in lane, healing him whenever he last hits or denies a creep.
- An early Quelling Blade will help you get the most benefit out of Blood Bath.
- Thirst is especially useful for allowing for clear targets on a team with no map vision or communication. Otherwise, its best for greatly increasing the risk under which weakened enemies move out or providing conditional speed.
- Leveling Bloodrage causes it to turn into a steroid with a more powerful attack damage buff on every level, but it also serves as a powerful early game nuke and disable. The steroid effect on a fully-leveled Bloodrage is very powerful, often on par with the full arsenal of buffs carried by a given team.
- Bloodrage should be cast on enemies beginning an engagement to prevent nukes. If Bloodseeker is laning against supports it is an extremely useful spell. Late game, it becomes a dedicated steroid for Bloodseeker or other carries or to twitch disable big caster threats such as Enigma or Earthshaker.
- At level 4 it can be used continuously, effectively becoming a perma-silence, since it has a short casting animation.
- Rupture is one of the best abilities to intercept an enemy hero that is chasing you or your allies, especially since it goes through magic immunity and does full damage regardless of armor and magic resistance. Heroes with high mobility like Anti-Mage, Lycan, Luna, Queen of Pain or Night Stalker suffer devastating damage when Ruptured as they are chasing or running away.
- When ganking it is sometimes best to save your Rupture for when your target begins running away rather than right at the beginning of the gank. You may want to follow up on an allied disable using Bloodrage to silence the target and saving Rupture should the target not die during the initial damage done.
- Each individual Meepo will add to the Thirst bonus stack.
- Due to the passive Blood Bath being able to heal you upon killing any enemy unit. It is advisable not to spend gold on Morbid Mask, skipping therefore on Lifesteal items. Moreover, Bloodseeker should have a high damage output in order for faster killing, which subsequently gives faster healing.
- Skull Basher or Abyssal Blade can opt to be taken if your team lacks disables and your enemies are using Teleportation spells like Town Portal Scrolls to escape your onslaught.
- Force Staff, in conjunction with Rupture can cause significant burst damage (120/240/360) to enemy heroes by forcing them to move. It also serves as a quick escape tool, something that Bloodseeker does not naturally possess. However, it should be noted that the burst damage is relatively little to the level of your enemies and the level of your ultimate, and may just potentially push your target to safety.
- Helm of the Dominator can introduce interesting new utility if Bloodrage is used as a steroid.
- Armlet of Mordiggian can be picked up if you are confident in your killing power. It synergizes well with Blood Bath and Bloodrage's damage increase, but can also make you easier to kill, especially when focused.
- Rod of Atos can give Bloodseeker even better chasing ability and can be bought if you don't want to rely on Sange's random Maim chance. However, the 25 bonus Intelligence is wasted on Bloodseeker.
- Shadow Blade can be used to surprise your enemies, especially when they are alone. Backstab damage, movement speed and attack speed boosts your hunting ability along with your Thirst.
- Bloodseeker is a very good counter for Slark due to Thirst. You will make him unable to regenerate health from Shadow Dance when his hp is below 50%. Additionally, Bloodrage can be used to silence him to prevent him from escaping. It is also worth noting that Slark cannot use Dark Pact to purge either Rupture or Bloodrage.
- Maximum speed with Thirst is 2640. To reach it, you need Boots of Travel, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Phase Boots active, Mask of Madness, Shadow Blade (on Bloodseeker, activate items in the following order: Mask of Madness, Shadow Blade, Phase Boots, then drop the items in order to pick up the Eul's Scepters), Kobold Foreman's Speed Aura, Spirit Breaker's Empowering Haste Aura, Io's Tether, Sven's Warcry, Ogre Magi's Bloodlust, Necronomicon Archer's Attack Speed and Movement Aura and activated Drum of Endurance.
- The maximum speed without stacking Eul's Scepters with Thirst is 1852. To reach it, you need Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Sange and Yasha, Boots of Travel, Phase Boots, Mask of Madness, Shadow Blade (on Bloodseeker, activate items in the following order: Mask of Madness, Shadow Blade, Phase Boots), Kobold Foreman's Speed Aura, Spirit Breaker's Empowering Haste Aura, Io's Tether, Sven's Warcry, Ogre Magi's Bloodlust, Necronomicon Archer's Attack Speed and Movement Aura and activated Drum of Endurance.
 Update history
- Fixed Bloodrage cast range (600->800).
- Fixed Backswing behavior with Rupture, Viscous Nasal Goo, Fissure, Decay and Earthshock.
- Fixed Thirst initial armor value being incorrect.
- Added new dialogue for Kunkka, Bloodseeker, Drow Ranger and Enigma.
- Fixed Blood Bath not working on siege units.
- Fixed Blood Bath not properly granting a heal from enemy heroes dying in an AoE.
- Fixed a bug where he could get healed by friendly heroes dying in the area around him that he didn't deny.
- Haste animation added for Bloodseeker.
- Added overhead healing messages for Warlock and Bloodseeker.
- Fixed potential dispel threshold being calculated after damage reduction rather than before (fixes stuff like Bloodrage not dispeling potions).
- Fixed Rupture interaction with spells like Omnislash, Ball Lightning, etc.
- Fixed Rupture hurting cycloned units.
- Updated Bloodseeker's Rupture effect (added blood trail so it's more obvious).
- Updated Rupture effect.
- Fixed Rupture not hurting heroes when they blink.
- [Undocumented] Modified hero selection portraits of Bloodseeker and Crystal Maiden.
- Fixed being able to cast Bloodrage on Magic Immune allies/self.
- Fixed Thirst working on illusions.
- Fixed a bug with Rupture against magic immune enemies.
- Fixed Rupture hurting you while you are cycloned.
- Fixed Bloodbath interaction against siege weapons.
- Fixed Rupture damaging invulnerable/cycloned units.
- Fixed Siege units being considered as heroes for Bloodbath's distance check.
- Fixed Bloodbath interaction against siege weapons.
- Bloodbath now heals him for the correct amount on hero kills.
- Fixed Thirst being removed instantly when no heroes are found, rather than waiting 3 seconds.
- Fixed Force Staff (and other forced movements like Pudge's Meat Hook) not triggering rupture damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to play their Pain lines when they were hurting themselves (as in Bloodseeker's Bloodrage).
- Enabled Kunkka and Bloodseeker.
- Fixed Blood Bath to not proc against Roshan.
- Bloodseeker no longer gets Thirst from low-health illusions.
- Fixed bloodseeker adding 80 damage when blood raging instead of 80% of the base.
- Fixed Bloodbath healing for twice as much when you kill creeps.
- Enabled audio loop for Rupture, which gets louder when you move.
- Fixed Bloodseeker's Thirst working on wards.
- Fixed Rupture being dispelled by Kraken Shell, Purge and Manta.
- Fixed rupture damage with BKB.
 Balance changelog
- Bloodrage cast point improved from 0.6 to 0.4.
- Bloodrage can no longer be dispelled.
- Thirst Bonus Speed and damage rescaled from 7/14/21/28 to 5/15/25/35.
- Blood Bath now gives the full hero kill benefit (instead of only half) if he is within the 325 AoE when a hero dies.
- Base movement speed reduced from 305 to 300.
- Thirst has been reworked:
- Is now global instead of 6000 range.
- Bonus now stacks for each unit that is low HP.
- HP threshold increased from 20/30/40/50% to 50%.
- Movement speed bonus reduced from 15/25/35/45% to 7/14/21/28%.
- When active, movement speed cap is removed on your hero.
- No longer provides armor bonus.
- Provides bonus 7/14/21/28 damage.
- No longer grants full hero vision around low HP targets, it only shows their model.
- No longer lasts for an extra 3 seconds when the target is dead .
- Thirst now gives you bonus 3/4/5/6 armor when active.
- Bloodrage dispels the target before applying its buff.
- Rupture damage is now HP removal.
- Blood Bath death detection AoE for enemy heroes increased from 225 to 325.
- Bloodrage bonus base damage from 20/40/60/80% to 30/60/90/120%.
- AOE from 1500/3000/4500/6000 to 6000.
- MS bonus from 11/22/33/44% to 15/25/35/45%.
- HP percentage detection rescaled from constant 40% to 20/30/40/50% HP (invis is half that).
- No longer partially reveals invisible heroes below 40% health.
- Now fully reveals invisible heroes below 20% health.
- Duration improved from 5/7/9 to 7/8/9.
- Cooldown now scales from 70 to 70/60/50.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Bloodseeker previously had 100 range.
- Blood Bath now gives 50% of its normal regeneration if he doesn't kill the target but is near it.
- Added -disablehelp for Bloodrage.
- Agility gain increased from 2.6 to 3.0.
- Bloodrage rebalanced
- Duration from 6/9/12/15 to 6/7/8/9.
- Cooldown from 10 to 12/10/8/6.
- HP loss from 20/15/10/5 to a constant 20 hp per sec.
- Base armor reduced by 2 points.
- Blood Bath no longer regenerates from images.
- Improved base strength from 18 to 23.
- Reduced Rupture cooldown from 100 to 70 seconds.
- Minor improvement to early levels of Blood Bath.
- Improved Blood Bath a little.
- Changed Bloodrage's stats a bit
- Reduced Strygwyr's Thirst HP detection from 50% to 40%
- Reworked Strygwyr's Thirst
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Rupture duration from 7/10/13 to 5/7/9 but slight increase of initial dmg from 100/200/300 to 150/250/350
- Removed Bloodseeker for now, pending proper hero remaking.
- We've temporarily removed Bloodseeker due to our inability to iron out a bug associated with his uncontrollability after dying during morphing. This probably sounds unnecessarily harsh, but we're on a deadline, trying to get a version ready for IGS and right now bugs/balance take priority. Hopefully Bloodseeker will get re-added in a version soon.
 See also