He can drive targets into a maddened Bloodrage, increasing the damage of their attacks, and allowing them to heal their wounds by killing their enemies. His speed is unmatched when he senses the blood of the dying, and from this perception none can escape. By using Blood Rite, he can create a ritual field where his foes will be silenced and damaged in the process. His ultimate, Rupture, sunders the skin of his victims, causing them to trail their life force behind if they dare to flee.
- Bloodseeker, whilst being an efficient jungler and dual laner, is also a prime choice for solo mid, as it gives him easy access to the side lanes for ganking.
- Reaching level six as quickly as possible should be a priority of the player; ganks should not usually be attempted before he has his ultimate.
- Rupture is one of the best abilities to intercept an enemy hero that is chasing you or your allies, especially since it goes through spell immunity and does full damage regardless of armor and magic resistance. Heroes with high mobility like Anti-Mage, Lycan, Luna, Queen of Pain or Night Stalker suffer devastating damage when Ruptured as they are chasing or running away.
- When ganking it is sometimes best to save your Rupture for when your target begins running away rather than right at the beginning of the gank.
- Using Blood Rite in conjunction with Rupture allows for more precise aiming of the skill.
- Each individual Meepo will add to the Thirst bonus stack.
- Skull Basher or Abyssal Blade and even Eul's Scepter of Divinity can opt to be taken if your team lacks disables and your enemies are using Teleportation spells like Town Portal Scrolls to escape your onslaught.
- Force Staff, in conjunction with Rupture can cause significant burst damage (120/240/360) to enemy heroes by forcing them to move. It also serves as a quick escape tool, something that Bloodseeker does not naturally possess. However, it should be noted that the burst damage is relatively little to the level of your enemies and the level of your ultimate, and may just potentially push your target to safety.
- Helm of the Dominator can introduce interesting new utility if Bloodrage is used as a steroid.
- Armlet of Mordiggian can be picked up if you are confident in your killing power. It synergizes well with Blood Bath and Bloodrage's damage increase, but can also make you easier to kill, especially when focused.
- Rod of Atos can give Bloodseeker even better chasing ability and can be bought if you don't want to rely on Sange's random Maim chance. However, the 25 bonus Intelligence is wasted on Bloodseeker.
- Shadow Blade can be used to surprise your enemies, especially when they are alone. Backstab damage, movement speed and attack speed boosts your hunting ability along with your Thirst.
- The maximum movement speed with Thirst active is 10,000. This is impossible to achieve in a normal match however.
- Blood Rite's Play sound effect makes use of Play this voice line of Bloodseeker.
- Despite the character having an Aztec or Incan motif, Bloodseeker's name--Strygwyr--is likely a Welsh-influenced rendering of the Romanian word "strigoi," meaning poltergeist, often used in folklore in reference to vampires.
- One of Bloodseeker's responses is "Blood is in the air". Most likely a reference to the song "Love is in the air".
- One of Bloodseeker's responses is "Don't be negative…be positive!" This is a reference to the blood types B-Positive and B-Negative.
- Fixed Bloodrage cast range (600->800).
- Fixed Backswing behavior with Rupture, Viscous Nasal Goo, Fissure, Decay and Earthshock.
- Fixed Thirst initial armor value being incorrect.
- Added new dialogue for Kunkka, Bloodseeker, Drow Ranger and Enigma.
- Fixed Blood Bath not working on siege units.
- Fixed Blood Bath not properly granting a heal from enemy heroes dying in an AoE.
- Fixed a bug where he could get healed by friendly heroes dying in the area around him that he didn't deny.
- Haste animation added for Bloodseeker.
- Added overhead healing messages for Warlock and Bloodseeker.
- Fixed potential dispel threshold being calculated after damage reduction rather than before (fixes stuff like Bloodrage not dispeling potions).
- Fixed Rupture interaction with spells like Omnislash, Ball Lightning, etc.
- Fixed Rupture hurting cycloned units.
- Updated Bloodseeker's Rupture effect (added blood trail so it's more obvious).
- Updated Rupture effect.
- Fixed Rupture not hurting heroes when they blink.
- [Undocumented] Modified hero selection portraits of Bloodseeker and Crystal Maiden.
- Fixed being able to cast Bloodrage on Magic Immune allies/self.
- Fixed Thirst working on illusions.
- Fixed a bug with Rupture against magic immune enemies.
- Fixed Rupture hurting you while you are cycloned.
- Fixed Bloodbath interaction against siege weapons.
- Fixed Rupture damaging invulnerable/cycloned units.
- Fixed Siege units being considered as heroes for Bloodbath's distance check.
- Fixed Bloodbath interaction against siege weapons.
- Bloodbath now heals him for the correct amount on hero kills.
- Fixed Thirst being removed instantly when no heroes are found, rather than waiting 3 seconds.
- Fixed Force Staff (and other forced movements like Pudge's Meat Hook) not triggering rupture damage.
- Fixed a bug that caused heroes to play their Pain lines when they were hurting themselves (as in Bloodseeker's Bloodrage).
- Enabled Kunkka and Bloodseeker.
- Fixed Blood Bath to not proc against Roshan.
- Bloodseeker no longer gets Thirst from low-health illusions.
- Fixed bloodseeker adding 80 damage when blood raging instead of 80% of the base.
- Fixed Bloodbath healing for twice as much when you kill creeps.
- Enabled audio loop for Rupture, which gets louder when you move.
- Fixed Bloodseeker's Thirst working on wards.
- Fixed Rupture being dispelled by Kraken Shell, Purge and Manta.
- Fixed rupture damage with BKB.
- Bloodrage now only amplifies for half of the value when the dealer and the receiver are over 2200 range apart
- Removed from Captain's Mode.
- Base movement speed from 300 to 290.
- Reworked Bloodrage.
- Replaced Blood Bath with a new active ability, Blood Rite.
- Visibility and true sight are granted only when the target is at or below 30% HP (instead of 50/25% for vision/true sight).
- Now shows a debuff and a visible effect to the enemy when they are revealed.
- Movement and damage bonuses are now proportional to how low the enemy's health is.
- Movement speed and damage bonus increased from 5/15/25/35 to 10/20/30/40.
- No longer deals initial damage.
- Duration increased from 7/8/9 to 12.
- Cooldown reduced from 70/60/50 to 60.
- Bloodrage cast point improved from 0.6 to 0.4.
- Bloodrage can no longer be dispelled.
- Thirst Bonus Speed and damage rescaled from 7/14/21/28 to 5/15/25/35.
- Blood Bath now gives the full hero kill benefit (instead of only half) if he is within the 325 AoE when a hero dies.
- Base movement speed reduced from 305 to 300.
- Thirst has been reworked:
- Is now global instead of 6000 range.
- Bonus now stacks for each unit that is low HP.
- HP threshold increased from 20/30/40/50% to 50%.
- Movement speed bonus reduced from 15/25/35/45% to 7/14/21/28%.
- When active, movement speed cap is removed on your hero.
- No longer provides armor bonus.
- Provides bonus 7/14/21/28 damage.
- No longer grants full hero vision around low HP targets, it only shows their model.
- No longer lasts for an extra 3 seconds when the target is dead .
- Thirst now gives you bonus 3/4/5/6 armor when active.
- Bloodrage dispels the target before applying its buff.
- Rupture damage is now HP removal.
- Blood Bath death detection AoE for enemy heroes increased from 225 to 325.
- Bloodrage bonus base damage from 20/40/60/80% to 30/60/90/120%.
- AOE from 1500/3000/4500/6000 to 6000.
- MS bonus from 11/22/33/44% to 15/25/35/45%.
- HP percentage detection rescaled from constant 40% to 20/30/40/50% HP (invis is half that).
- No longer partially reveals invisible heroes below 40% health.
- Now fully reveals invisible heroes below 20% health.
- Duration improved from 5/7/9 to 7/8/9.
- Cooldown now scales from 70 to 70/60/50.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Bloodseeker previously had 100 range.
- Blood Bath now gives 50% of its normal regeneration if he doesn't kill the target but is near it.
- Added -disablehelp for Bloodrage.
- Agility gain increased from 2.6 to 3.0.
- Bloodrage rebalanced
- Duration from 6/9/12/15 to 6/7/8/9.
- Cooldown from 10 to 12/10/8/6.
- HP loss from 20/15/10/5 to a constant 20 hp per sec.
- Base armor reduced by 2 points.
- Blood Bath no longer regenerates from images.
- Improved base strength from 18 to 23.
- Reduced Rupture cooldown from 100 to 70 seconds.
- Minor improvement to early levels of Blood Bath.
- Improved Blood Bath a little.
- Changed Bloodrage's stats a bit
- Reduced Strygwyr's Thirst HP detection from 50% to 40%
- Reworked Strygwyr's Thirst
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Rupture duration from 7/10/13 to 5/7/9 but slight increase of initial dmg from 100/200/300 to 150/250/350
- Removed Bloodseeker for now, pending proper hero remaking.
- We've temporarily removed Bloodseeker due to our inability to iron out a bug associated with his uncontrollability after dying during morphing. This probably sounds unnecessarily harsh, but we're on a deadline, trying to get a version ready for IGS and right now bugs/balance take priority. Hopefully Bloodseeker will get re-added in a version soon.