From Dota 2 Wiki
| Blink Dagger|
|The fabled dagger used by the fastest assassin ever to walk the lands.|
- Double clicking the item automatically casts it on your team's fountain, blinking towards its direction.
- Disjoints projectiles upon cast.
- Cannot be cast while rooted.
- Does not blink for the full distance when targeting closer than its max distance.
- When targeting beyond the max blink distance, it blinks for 960 range towards the targeted direction, instead of 1200.
- The second sound only plays when the blinked distance is greater than 960 (1160 with Aether Lens). It is audible to everyone.
- Damage greater than Roshan puts Blink on a 3 second cooldown. from any player (including allies and self) or
- Initiating heroes with strong, large AoE disables rely heavily on Blink Dagger to take multiple enemies by surprise.
- Some heroes can use Blink Dagger to initiate with smaller disables or burst damage, but usually on fewer or single targets.
- Support heroes with low cast animation disables can initiate on single targets for their team with Blink Dagger.
- Split-pushing heroes often use Blink Dagger to elude defenders by blinking into the treeline.
- Heroes with positioning abilities can take advantage of Blink Dagger to force enemies into unfavorable positions.
- Using Blink always requires a hero to face the direction before actually blinking, meaning when not blinking straightforward the hero will not blink instantly but after a slight delay depending on its turn rate.
- Having an Infused Raindrop will allow to completely block damages over time like a Radiance and will not reset the blink dagger's cooldown.
- In the original DotA, this item was called Kelen's Dagger, in reference to a Warcraft III item, Kelen's Dagger of Escape.
- Kelen was a well known rogue in the Warcraft universe, who was known for his ability to escape from any dangerous situation thanks to the help of his dagger.
- Riki and Lion are the only heroes who are missing responses for acquiring a Blink Dagger.