From Dota 2 Wiki
| Blink Dagger|
|The fabled dagger used by the fastest assassin ever to walk the lands.|
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Teleport to a target point up to 1200 units away. If damage is taken, Blink Dagger cannot be used for 3 seconds.|
|Cast Range: Global|
Max Blink Distance: 1200
- Double clicking the item automatically casts it on your team's fountain, blinking towards its direction.
- Does not blink for the full distance when targeting closer than its max distance.
- When targeting beyond the max blink distance, it blinks for 960 range towards the targeted direction, instead of 1200.
- The second sound only plays when the blinked distance is greater than 960 (1160 with Aether Lens). It is audible to everyone.
- Damage greater than Roshan puts Blink on a 3 second cooldown. from any player (including allies and self) or
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blink Dagger as a core item: Axe, Batrider, Brewmaster, Centaur Warrunner, Crystal Maiden, Enigma, Lina, Magnus, Puck, Rubick, Sand King, Templar Assassin, Tidehunter, Ursa.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blink Dagger as a situational item: Bane, Beastmaster, Dark Seer, Disruptor, Doom, Dragon Knight, Earth Spirit, Jakiro, Legion Commander, Leshrac, Lich, Lifestealer, Lion, Meepo, Nyx Assassin, Oracle, Pudge, Slardar, Sven, Tinker, Tiny, Treant Protector, Vengeful Spirit, Venomancer, Winter Wyvern, Wraith King, Zeus.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using Blink always requires a hero to face the direction before actually blinking, meaning when not blinking straightforward the hero will not blink instantly but after a slight delay depending on its turn rate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the original DotA, this item was called Kelen's Dagger, in reference to a Warcraft III item, Kelen's Dagger of Escape.
- Kelen was a well known rogue in the Warcraft universe, who was known for his ability to escape from any dangerous situation thanks to the help of his dagger.
Gallery[edit | edit source]