From Dota 2 Wiki
|A razor-sharp coat of mail, it is the choice of selfless martyrs in combat.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +10 Intelligence|
- Buy it as a core if the opposing team has high damages (crits, attack speed) or nukes to return the maximum damage when triggered. They will also hesitate to nuke you. Several heroes should buy it if the enemy team as AoE abilities and items like Mjollnir's lightning and cleave.
- If the opposing team has heroes that do surprise attack like Clinkz, Riki, Bounty Hunter or has a shadow blade a blademail is a good choice. Especially if they get Orchid, desolator and abilities to silence you, they most likely will hesitate to attack you while your Blade Mail is active. The bonus damage of armor reduction will be returned.
- The blademail is a good item to close the distance against a ranged hero. They often have less strength than a melee and will be forced to run away. This is particularly efficient against high DPS heroes that attack from far like Sniper or can slow you like Drow and Viper. But it is also good against heroes that can bash you they wont be able to attack you, meaning that you won't be interrupted and take damage.
- If a hero uses an ability that does damage over time on you, use the return. With this technique you can kill Bloodseeker by walking with rupture applied on you, or Tinker by staying under March of the Machines. You can trigger a mask of madness if you are tanky enough or not scared of dying (Wraith King) to return even more damage. Several heroes can trigger the blademail to an AoE attack to deal a lot of damages.
- The return is only dealt to the unit who attack. The mines from techies are considered as a unit.
- You can combine the blademail with a Static Charge from a Mjollnir to return more damage than you receive.
- The item is good in combination with a Blink Dagger, your opponent will be forced to run away.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a core item: Clockwerk.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a situational item: Alchemist, Axe, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Earth Spirit, Elder Titan, Sand King, Timbersaw, Undying, Ursa.