From Dota 2 Wiki
|A razor-sharp coat of mail, it is the choice of selfless martyrs in combat.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +10 Intelligence|
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
Ability[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Buy it as a counter if the opposing team has high damage (crits, attack speed) and nukes and have low health points. If timed properly, some heroes can get killed just from their own damage. And even if you can't do that, it makes many heroes hesitant to attack you for 3 seconds.
- This item is good against heroes with surprise heavy burst damage. For example, an Ursa with a blink dagger is normally hard to deal with but a quick blademail can even the odds.
- If a hero uses an ability that does damage over time on you, use the return. For example, you can kill Bloodseeker by walking with rupture applied on you, or Tinker by staying under March of the Machines.
- This item is good if your hero takes amplified damage (e.g. Bloodseeker, Slardar). As the more damage your hero takes the more damage blademail returns to the attacker.
- The return is only dealt to the unit who attacks. The mines from Techies and death ward from Witch Docter are considered as a separate unit.
- Any damage taken are returned as Pure meaning that you can heal 25 % of the damages received with an Octarine Core.
- The item is good if your hero dives deep into enemy lines often. A perfect example of this is Clockwerk.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a core item: Clockwerk.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a situational item: Alchemist, Axe, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Earth Spirit, Elder Titan, Sand King, Timbersaw, Undying, Ursa.
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]