From Dota 2 Wiki
|A razor-sharp coat of mail, it is the choice of selfless martyrs in combat.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +10 Intelligence|
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a situational item: Alchemist, Axe, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Earth Spirit, Elder Titan, Sand King, Timbersaw, Undying, Ursa.
- Armor increased from 5 to 6.
- Damage Return cooldown decreased from 22 to 17.
- Damage Return duration increased from 4 to 4.5 seconds.
- Cooldown from 25 to 22.
- Damage Return's duration increased from 3.5 to 4 seconds
- Duration reduced from 5 to 3.5 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 15 to 25
- Blademail can no longer reflect blademail sourced damage
- Returns pure damage type
- Increased Blademail duration from 4 to 5 seconds
- Old Blade Mail:
- Components: Blades of Attack (500), Chainmail (550), Recipe (500) (Total: 1550)
- Stats: +15 Damage, +5 Armor
- Passive: 20% melee attack damage (calculated before reductions) returned as magical damage
- New Blade Mail:
- Components: Broadsword (1200), Chainmail (550), Robe of the Magi (450) (Total: 2200)
- Stats: +22 Damage, +5 Armor, +10 Intelligence
- Active: 100% all damage (calculated after reductions) returned as magical damage. Duration: 4 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds. Mana cost: 25. Has a visual effect to show when it is active.
- Extra Note: Since people regularly misunderstand how this works, the damage returned is reduced twice, first when you get the damage and then again when you deal it back. For example, a 300 damage nuke gets reduced by 25% because of hero resistance, then it gets dealt back as magical damage, being reduced by another 25% (or whatever magical resistance the enemy has).
- Old Blade Mail:
- Total cost reduced by 220 (Chainmail cost reduced from 620 to 550, and Blades of Attack cost reduced from 650 to 500)
- Blademail recipe from 750 to 500
- Reduced blademail return damage to 20%
- Blademail gives +15 dmg up from +9