Blade Mail is an Item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Armor.
One Blade Mail grants a total of 6 armor, 130 mana, 0.4 mana regeneration and 22 (32 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
- Buy it as a core if the opposing team has high damages (crits, attack speed) or nukes to return the maximum damage when triggered.
- If a hero uses an ability that does damage over time on you, use the return. With this technique you can kill Bloodseeker by walking with rupture applied on you, or Tinker by staying under March of the Machines.
- The return is only dealt to the unit who attack. The mines from techies are considered as a unit.
- Can now be purchased from the side lane shop (Broadsword became purchasable in the Side Shop instead of Talisman of Evasion).
- Armor increased from 5 to 6.
- Damage Return cooldown decreased from 22 to 17.
- Damage Return duration increased from 4 to 4.5 seconds.
- Damage Return's duration increased from 3.5 to 4 seconds
- Duration reduced from 5 to 3.5 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 15 to 25
- Blademail can no longer reflect blademail sourced damage
- Increased Blademail duration from 4 to 5 seconds
- Old Blade Mail:
- Components: Blades of Attack (500), Chainmail (550), Recipe (500) (Total: 1550)
- Stats: +15 Damage, +5 Armor
- Passive: 20% melee attack damage (calculated before reductions) returned as magical damage
- New Blade Mail:
- Components: Broadsword (1200), Chainmail (550), Robe of the Magi (450) (Total: 2200)
- Stats: +22 Damage, +5 Armor, +10 Intelligence
- Active: 100% all damage (calculated after reductions) returned as magical damage. Duration: 4 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds. Mana cost: 25. Has a visual effect to show when it is active.
- Extra Note: Since people regularly misunderstand how this works, the damage returned is reduced twice, first when you get the damage and then again when you deal it back. For example, a 300 damage nuke gets reduced by 25% because of hero resistance, then it gets dealt back as magical damage, being reduced by another 25% (or whatever magical resistance the enemy has).
- Total cost reduced by 220 (Chainmail cost reduced from 620 to 550, and Blades of Attack cost reduced from 650 to 500)
- Blademail recipe from 750 to 500
- Reduced blademail return damage to 20%
- Blademail gives +15 dmg up from +9