From Dota 2 Wiki
| Blade Mail|
|A razor-sharp coat of mail, it is the choice of selfless martyrs in combat.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- One Blade Mail grants a total of 6 armor, 120 mana, 0.4 mana regeneration, 0.625% spell damage and 22 (32 to intelligence heroes) attack damage.
Ability[edit | edit source]
|Reflects any damage taken back to the unit that dealt the damage. Lasts 4.5 seconds.|
|Damage Returned: 100%|
- Interrupts the owner's channeling spells upon cast.
- Returns the same damage type as received.
- Returns incoming damage before all reductions.
- Returned damage has the no-reflection flag, preventing its damage from interacting with other sources of damage with the same flag.
- Fully ignores self-inflicted damage, and damage flagged as HP Removal.
- Returns damage back to the source. This means damage done by summons is reflected back to the summons, not to their owner.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a core item: Clockwerk.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a situational item: Alchemist, Arc Warden, Axe, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Earth Spirit, Elder Titan, Sand King, Timbersaw, Undying, Ursa.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Having more armor than your enemy allows to return more physical damage than you take. The assault cuirrass is the best item in combination you can get with a blademail as it gives armor and armor reduction.
- It can be useful to get a blademail if you get outcarried to counter the DPS and come back into the game.
- Buy it as a counter if the opposing team has high damage (crits, attack speed) and nukes and have low health points and armor. If timed properly, some heroes can get killed just from their own damage. And even if you cannot do that, it makes many heroes hesitant to attack you for 4.5 seconds.
- This item is good against heroes with surprise heavy burst damage. For example, a Sven with a blink dagger is normally hard to deal with but a quick blademail can even the odds. However, it is not useful against Ursa who has Enrage to reduce the returned damage by 80%.
- If a hero uses an ability that does damage over time on you, use the return. For example, you can kill Bloodseeker by walking with rupture applied on you, or Tinker by staying under March of the Machines.
- The return is only dealt to the unit who attacks. The mines from Techies and death ward from Witch Doctor are considered as a separate unit.
- This is a commonly bought item for initiator Heroes that can soak up some damage (commonly Strength heroes), such as Clockwerk or Spirit Breaker.
- The Blade Mail is less effective with evasion because it reduces the hits you receive.
Gallery[edit | edit source]