From Dota 2 Wiki
| Blade Mail|
|A razor-sharp coat of mail, it is the choice of selfless martyrs in combat.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
Ability[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Buy it as a counter if the opposing team has high damage (crits, attack speed) and nukes and have low health points. If timed properly, some heroes can get killed just from their own damage. And even if you cannot do that, it makes many heroes hesitant to attack you for 4.5 seconds.
- This item is good against heroes with surprise heavy burst damage. For example, a Sven with a blink dagger is normally hard to deal with but a quick blademail can even the odds. However it will not be useful against Ursa who has Enrage to reduce the returned damage by 80% or any heroes with Black King Bar activated (immune to blade mail's returned damage).
- If a hero uses an ability that does damage over time on you, use the return. For example, you can kill Bloodseeker by walking with rupture applied on you, or Tinker by staying under March of the Machines.
- Damage amplification (e.g. Bloodseeker, Slardar) could make Blade Mail more effective, as the more damage your hero takes, the more damage Blade Mail returns to the attacker.
- The return is only dealt to the unit who attacks. The mines from Techies and death ward from Witch Doctor are considered as a separate unit.
- Any damage taken are returned as Pure meaning that you can heal 25 % of the damages received with an Octarine Core.
- This is a commonly bought item for initiator Heroes that can soak up some damage (commonly Strength heroes), such as Clockwerk or Spirit Breaker.
- The Blademail is less effective with damage reduction, armor and evasion because it reduces the damages you take, it is better to buy HP with it.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a core item: Clockwerk.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Blade Mail as a situational item: Alchemist, Arc Warden, Axe, Bristleback, Centaur Warrunner, Earth Spirit, Elder Titan, Sand King, Timbersaw, Undying, Ursa.
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Old abiltiies[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]