| Karroch, the Beastmaster
| Karroch was born a child of the stocks. His mother died in childbirth; his father, a farrier for the Last King of Slom, was trampled to death when Karroch was five. Afterward Karroch was indentured to the king’s menagerie, where he grew up among all the beasts of the royal court: lions, apes, fell-deer, and things less known, things barely believed in. When the lad was seven, an explorer brought in a beast like none before seen. Dragged before the King in chains, the beast spoke, though its mouth moved not. Its words: a plea for freedom. The King only laughed and ordered the beast perform for his amusement; and when it refused, struck it with the Mad Scepter and ordered it dragged to the stocks.|
Over the coming months, the boy Karroch sneaked food and medicinal draughts to the wounded creature, but only managed to slow its deterioration. Wordlessly, the beast spoke to the boy, and over time their bond strengthened until the boy found he could hold up his end of a conversation—could in fact speak now to all the creatures of the King's menagerie. On the night the beast died, a rage came over the boy. He incited the animals of the court to rebel and threw open their cages to set them amok on the palace grounds. The Last King was mauled in the mayhem. In the chaos, one regal stag bowed to the boy who had freed him; and with Beastmaster astride him, leapt the high walls of the estate, and escaped. Now a man, Karroch the Beastmaster has not lost his ability to converse with wild creatures. He has grown into a warrior at one with nature’s savagery.
Once bound to The Last King of Slom, Karroch vows never to serve nobility again. Now freed, he makes his arms from the materials of the natural world:feathers, leathers, bones and fur.
- Apparently, Karroch communicates better with animals if he shaves his head.
Friendships and rivalries
Allies meeting Beastmaster
- Play Play Nice mustache.
- Play Play r You like animals. I am an animal. I think you and I are gonna get along just fine.
- Play Play r Ditch the boar, my friend. Primates are where it's at.
Enemies killing Beastmaster
- Play You call that an axe?
- Play You call those little things axes?
- Play Your little axes were no match for mine.
- Play This is a battle axe.
- Play You were no master of me.
- Play You call yourself a master of beasts? I think not.
- Play Play r No one is my master!
- Play Play r This forest belongs to me!
- Play If you must dominate a beast to your cause, you have already lost.
- Play I will happily bury your hatchets.
- Play I was not your Beast to Master.
- Play Beware lest you be o'ermastered by the bellicose master of beasts.
- Play Play Defend your beard!
- Play Play Defend your mustache!
- ↑ Ancestral Bracers of Karroch description.
- ↑ Hunter of the Red Talon Set description.
- ↑ Ancestral Hair of Karroch description.