From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Aphotic Shield effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
- Even being initiated by Primal Roar, Borrowed Time can make Abaddon extremely difficult to kill.
- Shallow Grave effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
- Untouchable negates Inner Beast's attack speed bonus, making her hard to kill even if stunned by Primal Roar.
- Enchantress can also take control of Beastmaster's summons.
- Having many summons out will cause Echo Slam to deal extra damage.
- Mana Leak makes laning alone very hard for Beastmaster.
- Illuminate clears Beastmaster's summons, and is effective in countering his pushes.
- Darkness reduces the vision of Beastmaster's Hawk, greatly limiting his utility and preventing him from pushing effectively.
- Morph (Strength Gain) still works when stunned by Primal Roar, giving Morphling enough time to survive and use Waveform or Morph Replicate to safety.
- Morphling is also a common Linken's Sphere carrier.
- False Promise effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
- Purifying Flames can kill Beastmaster's Hawk instantly at a low cost.
- Cold Embrace effectively nullifies Primal Roar's single-target initiation on allies.
- Winter's Curse can turn Beastmaster's summons against him or his team.
- Linken's Sphere blocks Primal Roar, making Beastmaster much less useful.
- Inner Beast helps Beastmaster's team destroy Supernova quickly.
- Primal Roar takes Sven out of the fight completely, even with Black King Bar.
- Attacks from Boars and Inner Beast will quickly wear down Refraction.
- True Sight provided by Level 3 Necronomicon can see Templar Assassin in Meld.
- Beastmaster's Hawk can find Tinker easily while he is pushing or blinking into trees.
- Primal Roar and the slow from Boars makes kiting Tiny very easy.
- Primal Roar and the slow from Boars makes kiting Troll Warlord very easy.
- Primal Roar and the slow from Boars makes kiting Ursa very easy.
- Heroes who are highly dependent on Black King Bar can be countered with Primal Roar.
- Heroes who rely on split-pushing can be caught by Beastmaster's Hawk and Primal Roar.
- Heroes who rely on high mobility are especially vulnerable to Primal Roar: Storm Spirit, Ember Spirit, Queen of Pain
Works well with...Lifestealer
- Lifestealer can Infest the Hawk or the Boar, and jump out for an ambush attack.
- Inner Beast makes short work of towers, since it gives treants additional attack speed.
- Beastmaster's early ganking and pushing strategy goes hand in hand with Phantom Assassin's potential to snowball.
- Primal Roar helps Phantom Assassin with lockdown and guarantees kills.
- Beastmaster's Hawk gives vision over faraway enemies, letting Spirit Breaker target them with Charge of Darkness.
- Inner Beast gives Spirit Breaker some much needed attack speed.
- Inner Beast supplements Sven's low base attack speed.
- Tinker can use Boots of Travel to teleport to Hawks and Boars, allowing him to split push and gank.
- Inner Beast makes up for Tiny's very low attack speed, allowing him to destroy buildings in no time.
- Dark Rift can target Hawks and Boars, allowing Underlord to rapidly teleport his team for split pushing or ganking.
- Beastmaster's Hawk is a good scout for Roshan.
- Inner Beast works well with Fury Swipes, especially when Overpower is on cooldown.