Karroch the Beastmaster is a melee strength hero whose versatility allows him to take on multiple roles. His hawks provide free flying vision and his boars can harass, slow, and stack jungle camps. His ultimate, Primal Roar, is the longest lasting single reliable stun in the game, except Morphling's Adaptive Strike at level 4 with more strength than agility. However his greatest strength is his passive aura Inner Beast, increasing the attack speed of all allies units nearby, including creeps and his summons. With these skills he can push the enemy tower quickly and safely, take down undefended targets with help of Necronomicon summons, even lock a single target down and kite enemies in teamfight. With careful observation of the battlefield, Beastmaster takes down enemies one by one and paves the way to victory.
Bio[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
|Beastmaster sends his axes flying and calls them home again, slicing through enemy units and trees along their path. Each axe can hit an enemy once.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 1300
Axes Radius: 140
Axes Travel Distance: 1300
Axes Spread Distance: 353
Damage per Hit: 70/100/130/160
- The axes travel at an average speed of 800 and move in arcs towards the target point, where they intersect and then fly back.
- The axe spread up to 353 distance away from each other before moving back together while traveling towards the targeted point.
- The axes' minimum travel distance is 353 as well, so when targeting a point closer than 353 range, they still intersect 353 range away.
- A unit can only get hit twice per cast, so the maximum possible damage is 140/200/260/320.
- Each axe can hit a unit once upon traveling to the target point, and once again upon traveling back to Beastmaster.
- If a unit is hit by both axes upon traveling to the target point, it cannot be hit again upon retracting.
- The axes destroy trees within 140 range of them.
- Both axes grant 600 radius flying vision around themselves as they travels. This vision does not last.
|Call of the Wild: Hawk|
|Beastmaster calls forth a watchful Hawk to scout the battlefield. At level 3 and beyond, the hawk can become invisible after being still for 4 seconds.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Hawk Duration: 60
|Call of the Wild: Boar|
|Beastmaster calls a powerful Boar to stalk the battlefield, capable of spitting poison at enemies to slow their movement and attack speed.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Boar Duration: 60
|Untaps the inner fury of allies, passively increasing their attack speed.|
Attack Speed Bonus: 15/25/35/45
|Beastmaster lets loose a deafening roar that stuns, and shoves open, a path to its target. All units in the path of the roar are damaged, while units shoved aside by the roar have their movement and attack speed slowed.|
|Cast Animation: +|
Cast Range: 600 ( 950)
Knockback Radius: 300
Move Speed Slow: 50%
Attack Speed Slow: 50
Slow Duration: 2/3/4
Knockback Duration: 0.6
Stun Duration: 3/3.5/4
- Only enemy units are shoved aside from the path of the roar.
- Affected units are fully disabled during the pushback.
- Primal Roar can be used on a Courier to stun it, but it is not damaged. Couriers are also a valid target for the pushback.
- Knocks units aside at a speed of 500, up to 300 range away, resulting in a duration of 0.6 seconds.
- The pushback and slow have a dynamic range, based on the distance between Beastmaster and the primary target.
- For every 2 distance between Beastmaster and the target upon cast, the knockback range increases by 1.
- When the target is 600 range away, the knockback hits units up to 300 range behind the target and behind Beastmaster.
- When the target is 950 range away, the knockback hits units up to 475 range behind the target and behind Beastmaster.
- The width of the knockback area is always 300, so the affected area is always stadium-shaped.
- Considering the dynamic range, the slow/knockback can hit units up to 900 ( 1425) range away.
- Can hit units up to 1200 ( 1725) range away when having Aether Lens.
- When an enemy is perfectly aligned with Beastmaster and his Primal Roar target, it does not get knocked aside
- However, the slow and damage are still applied, and the target is still disabled for the knockback duration.
Summons[edit | edit source]
Beastmaster's Hawk[edit | edit source]
|If motionless for some time, the Hawk becomes invisible.|
|Fade Time: 1|
Fade Delay: 3
- Requires Call of the Wild to be level 3.
- The fade time + the fade delay equal the total time before the hawk goes invisible (4 seconds).
Beastmaster's Boar[edit | edit source]
|Inflicts a poison that slows attack and movement speeds.|
|Move Speed Slow: 10%/20%/30%/40%|
Attack Speed Slow: 10/20/30/40
Slow Duration: 3
- Level scales together with Call of the Wild's level. However, the level of already summoned boars does not adapt.
- Successive attacks do not stack the slow, they refresh the duration.
Recommended items[edit | edit source]
- Stout Shield allows you to take more harassment in lane.
- Clarity, Healing Salve, and Tango allow you to stay in lane longer without having to return to the fountain.
- Iron Branch is a very cheap item that provides a bit of attributes.
- Quelling Blade is sometimes picked up to aid in last hitting.
- Magic Stick is a strong pickup on almost all heroes.
- Bracer tanks you up and potentially uses one of your starting gauntlets.
- Iron Talon is a viable choice if you started by jungling, or the offlane is too hard for you to survive.
- Ring of Basilius gives some good starting armor and mana regeneration in lane. The additional armor given to the creeps while activated can push the lane faster.
- Boots of Speed offers additional movement speed. Since in early and mid game Beastmaster's summons deals more damage than himself, you can leave Boots of Speed as it is and build up Boots of Travel later.
- Power Treads give you extra health and allow for tread switching for a bit of extra mana for casting.
- Tranquil Boots is a viable alternative for support Beastmasters, allowing him to use his abilities from afar without pausing the regeneration.
- Medallion of Courage gives additional armor and mana regen. Together with Inner Beast and summons you can bring down Roshan in early game.
- Drum of Endurance provides health, gives you much needed mana, and increases your ability to get in range to use Primal Roar on enemies. It also further increases the attack speed of your Boar.
- Necronomicon has natural synergy with Inner Beast and is a great item to quickly take towers and add additional damage to target hit by Primal Roar, draining their mana and making the enemy hard to retaliate after.
- Blink Dagger allows Beastmaster to engage on slippery targets that would not normally allow you to get into range to cast your ultimate.
- Aghanim's Scepter further increases the power of your ultimate, giving it extreme range and a cooldown low enough to use it twice in protracted engagements.
- Solar Crest gives additional armor and evasion and increase your resilience to physical damage. The greatest utility of the item is to decrease the armor of enemy hit by Primal Roar so that your summons could do much more damage, also take down Roshan quickly.
- Vladmir's Offering synergizes well with Inner Beast, since it boost your teams's damage as well as survivability. Also, Beastmaster is able to stay outside of base thanks to the lifesteal.
- Pipe of Insight is another strong aura item for your team and helps with pushing. It counters team with strong magical damage lineup.
- Heart of Tarrasque makes you extremely tanky, but be wary of getting it too early as you have less utility than with other item choices.
- Assault Cuirass is a great pickup against a team with high physical damage output and to help your carries do damage quicker.
- Heaven's Halberd is a strong utility item to disarm an enemy carry in teamfights. It will also give some extra health and evasion.
- Refresher Orb allows you to use Primal Roar two times in quick succession. It will also allow you to summon an extra boar and hawk.
- Boots of Travel can be bought in the late game. It is especially powerful when teleporting to the Hawk to kill lone target.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Counters[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Beastmaster's original name was Rexxar, a character in the Warcraft universe.
- Rexxar was the main playable character of the bonus campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Beastmaster's item the "Shrieking Razorback" design seems to be based off of the Shriekers from Tremors II: Aftershocks.
Equipment[edit | edit source]