23 + 2.2
18 + 1.6
16 + 1.9
Karroch the Beastmaster is a melee strength hero whose versatility allows him to take on multiple roles.His hawks provide free flying vision and his boars can harass, slow, and stack jungle camps. His ultimate, Primal Roar, is the longest lasting single reliable stun in the game, except Morphling's Adaptive Strike at level 4 with more strength than agility.
He is an effective support with good disabling ability in team fights . His strengths lie primarily in the slow debuff his Boar inflicts and ability to easily provide vision at crucial locations on the map. Though he is able to easily take down undefended targets in the early game,most of his abilities do not directly combo with each other, although the debiliating effects he brings to a fight can greatly assist allies (along with his passive attack speed boost aura)
| Karroch, the Beastmaster
| Play "I run with the rabbit and hunt with the hounds."
|| Initiator / Disabler / Durable
|| Karroch was born a child of the stocks. His mother died in childbirth; his father, a farrier for the Last King of Slom, was trampled to death when Karroch was five. Afterward Karroch was indentured to the king’s menagerie, where he grew up among all the beasts of the royal court: lions, apes, fell-deer, and things less known, things barely believed in. When the lad was seven, an explorer brought in a beast like none before seen. Dragged before the King in chains, the beast spoke, though its mouth moved not. Its words: a plea for freedom. The King only laughed and ordered the beast perform for his amusement; and when it refused, struck it with the Mad Scepter and ordered it dragged to the stocks.|
Over the coming months, the boy Karroch sneaked food and medicinal draughts to the wounded creature, but only managed to slow its deterioration. Wordlessly, the beast spoke to the boy, and over time their bond strengthened until the boy found he could hold up his end of a conversation—could in fact speak now to all the creatures of the King's menagerie. On the night the beast died, a rage came over the boy. He incited the animals of the court to rebel and threw open their cages to set them amok on the palace grounds. The Last King was mauled in the mayhem. In the chaos, one regal stag bowed to the boy who had freed him; and with Beastmaster astride him, leapt the high walls of the estate, and escaped. Now a man, Karroch the Beastmaster has not lost his ability to converse with wild creatures. He has grown into a warrior at one with nature’s savagery.
|| Sam A. Mowry (Responses)
Beastmaster's first ability is Wild Axes, which is a somewhat difficult ability to hit that throws out axes and then returns them to Beastmaster, dealing damage on both the outward and inward movement of the axes. It has the potential to deal decent amounts of damage to Heroes and Creeps, and has a low cooldown with reasonable mana cost making it a very potent farming and harassing tool. It becomes less effective against heroes later in the game because of its damage mechanics. His second ability, Call of the Wild, is an interesting one. As he levels it, he gains the ability to summon two units, a hawk and a boar. The hawk is a flying unit with a very large amount of vision and lasts for 60 seconds so it is extremely useful for scouting, but easy to kill. His boar deals mediocre damage, but slows the enemy unit's movement and attack speed quite considerably with every attack so it's an excellent ganking tool. Inner Beast, Beastmaster's third ability, buffs the attack speed of himself and nearby allies, granting his team a large DPS increase when pushing or skirmishing. His Ultimate is a somewhat long-range single target stun that pushes units in between him and his target to the side. The stun is on a low cooldown (80–70 seconds) for an ultimate, deals decent damage, and is the longest reliable stun in the game, so it is a good disable in teamfights against a carry or other key targets. Primal Roar will still stun targets immune to magic, making it effective in stopping even a Black King Bar holder in their tracks.
- The axes travel at a speed of approximately 700 and move in arcs towards the target point, where they meet and then fly back in the same arcs.
- The distance between both axes is always 353 range when reaching 50% of the travel distance.
- The axes destroy trees within 140 range of them.
- Will not destroy a previous summon if this ability is used again before the Boar's duration expires.
- Only enemy units are shoved aside from the path of the roar.
- Primal Roar can be used on Couriers to stun it, but it won't be damaged. Couriers are also not a valid target for the pushback.
- Knockback speed is 500ms and distance is 300 units, so the knockback duration is 0.6 seconds.
- The pushback and slow have a dynamic range, based on the distance between you and the primary target. The further away the target, the further the pushback and slow will reach beyond the target, and even a bit behind Beastmaster.
| Hit Points
| Health Regen
| Movement Speed
| Collision size
|| Abilities: |
| If motionless for four seconds, the Greater Hawk becomes invisible.
| Fade Time: 1|
Fade Delay: 3
- Requires Call of the Wild to be level 3.
- The fade time + the fade delay equal the total time before the hawk goes invisible (4 seconds).
| Hit Points
| Health Regen
| Movement Speed
| Collision size
| Attack Range
| Missile Speed
| Attack Duration
| Base Attack Time
- Wild Axes is a powerful farming tool. Beastmaster can stack/farm ancient creeps incredibly effectively with them, since they affect spell immune units. This can be very effectively used in Dire offlane (bottom), as he doesn't need to leave the lane to do so.
- Although his abilities have a long range, Blink Dagger is still useful for lining up Primal Roar.
- Beastmaster works well alongside carries who already have attack power but lack attack speed (Like Sven and Tiny) due to his attack speed boosting aura.
- If you buy Assault Cuirass, it will allow your main carry to focus on raw damage items, as he will already have 65 bonus attack speed from Beastmaster. It will also increase your whole team's survivability and physical damage output.
- Beastmaster's original name was Rexxar, a character in the Warcraft universe.
- Rexxar was the main playable character of the bonus campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
- Beastmaster's item the "Shrieking Razorback" design seems to be based off of the Shriekers from Tremors II: Aftershocks.
December 17, 2014 Patch Update 3
June 28, 2013 Patch
June 14, 2013 Patch
April 19, 2013 Patch
March 28, 2013 Patch
- Revised Beastmaster's voice.
January 03, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added animations for Beastmaster, Undying, and Venomancer relating to their loadout stance.
August 02, 2012 Patch
July 26, 2012 Patch
July 19, 2012 Patch
- Fixed the path that Wild Axes take. It should now work the way it was originally intended.
June 20, 2012 Patch
May 17, 2012 Patch
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Aghanim's Scepter upgraded Primal Roar cast range being 50 too short.
- Fixed base damage being slightly too low.
- Fixed Greater Boar unit level.
- [Undocumented] Updated Beastmaster's texture.
- [Undocumented] Updated Beastmaster's hero icon and selection portrait to match his new texture.
April 12, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added a haste rune run animation for Beastmaster.
March 22, 2012 Patch
March 15, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated hero selection portrait for Beastmaster.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added idle injured animations for Beastmaster.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Beastmaster.
- [Undocumented] Added chase animations for Beastmaster.
January 19, 2012 Patch
- Added alternate attack animations for Witch Doctor and Beastmaster.
December 21, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Wild Axes being left behind when blinking to a location with a different z-value while they're in-flight.
December 01, 2011 Patch
- Fixed base damage.
- Fixed Wild Axes potentially getting stuck in the world.
November 10, 2011 Patch
- Fixed him doing 10 less base damage than he's supposed to.
- Fixed gestures not being properly deleted in some occasions. Fixes Beastmaster never leaving his flail animations (and thus strutting down the middle lane like a boss).
October 27, 2011 Patch
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the lifetime summoned beasts.
- Courier, Necronomicon units and Beastmaster's summons no longer get their control groups lost when they are upgraded.
October 06, 2011 Patch
- Wild Axes now flow along the ground, and are more prominent overall.
September 29, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Beastmaster's bird and beast selection hitboxes.
September 09, 2011 Patch
August 06, 2011 Patch
August 02, 2011 Patch
July 16, 2011 Patch
July 08, 2011 Patch
- Update Beastmaster Model (Rough Model).
- He will only kill his units on recasting the Call of the Wild if he currently is the Owner of the unit.
June 24, 2011 Patch
May 20, 2011 Patch
- Enabled Pugna and Beastmaster (in-progress models).
- Call of the Wild now always provides a Hawk and a Boar at each level.
- Rescaled health from 50/50/100/100 to 40/60/80/100.
- Rescaled movement speed from 270/270/400/400 to 250/300/350/400.
- Increased day sight from 500/500/1600/1600 to 700/1000/1300/1600.
- Rescaled night sight from 500/500/1200/1200 to 700/800/900/1000.
- Rescaled gold bounty from 30/30/65/65 to 30/40/50/60.
- [Undocumented] Increased health regeneration from 0.5/0.5/1.5/1.5 to 1.5.
- [Undocumented] Increased experience bounty from 20/20/77/77 to 77.
- [Undocumented] Increased armor from 0/0/5/5 to 5.
- [Undocumented] The hawks are now always named Hawk, instead of Scout Hawk or Greater Hawk.
- Rescaled health from 0/400/400/500 to 200/300/400/500.
- Increased base attack damage from 0/23-29/23-29/43-49 to 15-15/30-30/45-45/60-60.
- Rescaled Base Attack Time from 0/1.5/1.5/1 to 1.25.
- Increased Poison slow from 0%/20%/20%/35% to 10%/20%/30%/40%.
- [Undocumented] The boars are now always named Boar, instead of Lesser Boar or Greater Boar.
- Wild Axes
- Primal Roar
- Increased side knockback radius from 250 to 300.
- Secondary targets now take the same damage as the primary target (100/200/300 to 200/250/300).
- Increased Push distance from 240 to 300.
- Increased Push duration from 0.4 to 0.6.
- Increased base attack damage from 33-37 to 37-41 (total attack damage is now 60-64).
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Increased attack range from 100 to 128.
- Wild Axes now move at similar speed to the max range (so it isn't as slow for short range targeting).
- Decreased Hawk Invisibility fade time from 8 to 5.
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Beastmaster: Increases Primal Roar cast range from 600 to 950, decreases cooldown from 80/75/70 to 45.
- Fixed Primal Roar not being blocked properly by Linken's Sphere.
- Reduced health from 100/100/200/200 to 50/50/100/100.
- Reworked Invisibility:
- If motionless for 8 seconds, the Greater Hawk becomes invisible (passive ability). The invisibility is lost instantly upon moving.
- A 1000 radius aura, which provides 18/26/32/40 attack speed.
- Call of the Wild
- Reduced cooldown from 45/50/55/60 to 40 on each level.
- According to the official changelog, the duration was reduced from 60/70/80/90 to 60, but that was not the case.
- Replaced Permanent Invisibility with an active Invisibility: Duration: 5 seconds, Fade Time: 1 second, Cooldown: 30 seconds
- Increased health from 25 on each level to 100/100/200/200.
- Increased gold bounty from 30/30/100/100 to 30/30/40/40.
- Increased movement speed from 280 on each level to 280/280/400/400.
- Reduced health from 400/400/700/700 to 400/400/500/500.
- Reduced Hawk movement speed from 280/280/320/320 to 280 on each level.
- Primal Roar
- Increased cooldown from 70/65/60 to 80/75/70.
- Fixed a bug when the target blinked away upon cast.
- Reduced movement speed from 350 on each level to 280/280/350/350.
- Reduced day vision from 1600 on each level to 500/500/1600/1600.
- Reduced night vision from 1200 on each level to 500/500/1200/1200.
- Reduced health from 300/300/875/875 to 25 on each level.
- Increased Gold bounty from 0 on each level to 30/30/100/100.
- Increased base armor from 0 to 2 (total armor is now 4.52).
- Wild Axes now move a bit faster (take 3 seconds to fully return to Beastmaster, instead of 4 seconds).
- Increased armor from -1 to 0 (total armor is now 2.52).
- Beastmaster now loses 50% of his stacks on Beast Rage when changing attack targets, instead of losing them all.
- Fixed minor casting bug with Wild Axes.
- Beast Rage
- Now adds a stack on each attack, instead of every 4th/3rd/2nd/1st attacks.
- Increased attack speed bonus per stack from 10% to 5%/10%/15%/20%.
- Primal Roar
- Reduced cooldown from 180 to 120/100/80.
- Reduced manacost from 175/250/325 to 150/175/200.
- Primal Roar no longer damages and slows allied units (still shoves them aside though).
- Destroys summons from a previous cast if they are still under Beastmaster's control.
Replaced Hawk Abilities