Karroch the Beastmaster is a melee strength hero whose versatility allows him to take on multiple roles. His hawks provide free flying vision and his boars can harass, slow, and stack jungle camps. His ultimate, Primal Roar, is the longest lasting single reliable stun in the game.
He is an effective support with good disabling ability in team fights. His strengths lie primarily in the slow debuff his Boar inflicts and ability to easily provide vision at crucial locations on the map. His ultimate, the stunning Primal Roar and Wild Axes allow him to deal massive damage at a distance. Though he is able to easily take down undefended targets in the early game, most of his abilities do not directly combo with each other, although the debiliating effects he brings to a fight can greatly assist allies (along with his passive attack speed boost aura).
Beastmaster's first ability is Wild Axes, which is a somewhat difficult ability to hit that throws out axes and then returns them to Beastmaster, dealing damage on both the outward and inward movement of the axes. It has the potential to deal decent amounts of damage to Heroes and Creeps, and has a low cooldown with reasonable mana cost making it a very potent farming and harassing tool. It becomes less effective against heroes later in the game because of its damage mechanics. His second ability, Call of the Wild, is an interesting one. As he levels it, he gains the ability to summon two units, a hawk and a boar. The hawk is a flying unit with a very large amount of vision and lasts for 60 seconds so it is extremely useful for scouting, but easy to kill. His boar deals mediocre damage, but slows the enemy unit's movement and attack speed quite considerably with every attack so it's an excellent ganking tool. Inner Beast, Beastmaster's third ability, buffs the attack speed of himself and nearby allies, granting his team a large DPS increase when pushing or skirmishing. His Ultimate is a somewhat long-range single target stun that pushes units in between him and his target to the side. The stun is on a low cooldown (80–70 seconds) for an ultimate, deals decent damage, and is the longest reliable stun in the game, so it is a good disable in teamfights against a carry or other key targets. Primal Roar will still stun targets immune to magic, making it effective in stopping even a Black King Bar holder in their tracks.
 Recommended items
Early: Magic stick is a strong pickup on almost all heroes and Bracer tanks you up and potentially uses one of your starting gauntlets.
- His Wild Axes ability is a powerful farming tool.
- Beastmaster can stack/farm ancients incredibly effectively with Wild Axes since it can affect magic immune units. This can be very effectively used in Dire offlane (bottom), as he doesn't need to leave the lane to do so.
- Although his abilities have a long range, Blink Dagger is still useful for lining up Primal Roar.
- Beastmaster works well alongside carries who already have attack power but lack attack speed (Like Sven and Tiny) due to his attack speed boosting aura.
- If you buy Assault Cuirass, it will allow your main carry to focus on raw damage items, as he will already have 65 bonus attack speed from Beastmaster. It will also increase your whole team's survivability and physical damage output.
- Beastmaster's original name was Rexxar, a character in the Warcraft universe. 
- Rexxar was the main playable character of the bonus campaign in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
 Update history
- Fixed Primal Roar push and slow radius being slightly too small.
- Fixed Wild Axes losing vision after the second cast.
- [Undocumented] Added animations for Beastmaster, Undying, and Venomancer relating to their loadout stance.
- [Undocumented] Added Teleport animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Broodmother, Clinkz, Lifestealer, Necrophos and Shadow Shaman.
- [Undocumented] Added Spawn animations for Beastmaster, Bounty Hunter, Necrophos and Shadow Shaman.
- Fixed the path that Wild Axes take. It should now work the way it was originally intended.
- Select All Other Units feature no longer selects ny unit that is lacking attack capability (like Beastmaster's Hawk).
- Updated Aghanim's Scepter tooltips for Beastmaster, Necrophos, Queen of Pain, Warlock, and Windrunner.
- Fixed Inner Beast not affecting siege units.
- Fixed Aghanim's Primal Roar cast range being 50 too short.
- Fixed base damage being slightly too low.
- Fixed Greater Boar unit level.
- [Undocumented] Updated Beastmaster's texture.
- [Undocumented] Updated Beastmaster's hero icon and selection portrait to match his new texture.
- Fixed Wild Axes killing couriers.
- [Undocumented] Added injured animations for Beastmaster.
- [Undocumented] Added chase animations for Beastmaster.
- Added alternate attack animations for Witch Doctor and Beastmaster.
- Fixed Wild Axes being left behind when blinking to a location with a different z-value while they're in-flight.
- Fixed base damage.
- Fixed Wild Axes potentially getting stuck in the world.
- Fixed him doing 10 less base damage than he's supposed to.
- Fixed gestures not being properly deleted in some occasions. Fixes Beastmaster never leaving his flail animations (and thus strutting down the middle lane like a boss).
- Fixed Call of the Wild resummoning showing up as a deny.
- Fixed the lifetime summoned beasts.
- Courier, Necronomicon units and Beastmaster's summons no longer get their control groups lost when they are upgraded.
- Beastmaster's Wild Axes now flow along the ground, and are more prominent overall.
- Added blood hits to Wild Axes on target.
- Fixed Wild Axes aoe and speed.
- Remove frontal cone on axes.
- Boar poison doesn't affect Mechanical, Towers, or Others.
- Fixed Inner Beast giving a constant attack speed bonus instead of a percentage.
- The hawk fades at the right time. (1 sec faster).
- Call of the Wild summons units for the correct amount of time.
- The lower level pig doesn't have as strong a slow as the big pig.
- Fixed the pig's attack range.
- Inner Beast works on non*heroes.
- Wild Axes provide vision.
- Update Beastmaster Model [Rough Model].
- He will only kill his units on recasting the Call of the Wild if he currently is the Owner of the unit.
- Enabled Pugna and Beastmaster (in-progress models).
 Balance changelog
- Base damage increased by 4.
- Call of the Wild
- Hawk duration reduced from 60/70/80/80 to 60.
- Boar duration reduced from 70/80/90 to 60.
- No longer destroys previous summons on cast.
- Inner Beast
- AoE reduced from 1000 to 900 (standard aura AoE).
- Attack speed rescaled from 18/26/32/40 to 15/25/35/45.
- Call of the Wild
- Now has two abilities for summoning each unit independently.
- Manacost reduced from 25 to 15 and cast point improved from 0.5 to 0.3.
- Undid melee hero collision change from 6.72c
- Melee hero collision size now reduced from 24 to 12.
- Greater Hawk's Invisibility fade time decreased from 8 to 5 seconds.
- Wild Axes now move at similar speed to the max range (so it isn't as slow for short range targeting).
- Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade, increases cast range from 600 to 950, decreases cooldown from 80/75/70 to 45.
- Rebalanced all Melee heroes between 100 and 128 range to be 128 range
- Beastmaster previously had 100 range.
- Greater Hawk bounty increased from 40 to 65 gold.
- Wild Axes now properly hits invisible units.
- Replaced Beast Rage with a new ability Inner Beast.
- Reworked Call of the Wild stats and mechanics.
- Greater Hawk:
- No permanent invisibility. Has an active invisibility: duration 5 seconds 1 second fadetime, 30 cooldown
- 25 -> 200 hp. 100 -> 40 bounty. 280 -> 400 ms.
- Greater Quillbeast:
- 700 -> 500 hp
- Cooldown: 45/50/55/60 -> 40 seconds
- Duration: 60/70/80/90 -> 60 seconds
- Greater Hawk:
- Increased Primal Roar's cooldown a little bit.
- Increased cooldown on Call of the Wild.
- Reduced Greater Hawk's movement speed
- Lowered level 1 Hawk ms and vision
- Lowered Hawk HP and gave them bounty
- Reduced Primal Roar cooldown and Call of the Wild manacost
- Wild Axes now move a bit faster
- Minor armor buff (usually 1) to most melee heroes
- Primal Roar stun duration buffed a bit.
- Buffed Beastrage to reduce to half its level on target change, instead of resetting completely.
- Reduced Primal Roar's manacost and cooldown
- Improved the way Beast Rage works
- Greater Hawk's Truesight is removed, but it gains Permanent Invisibility.
 Replaced abilities
 See also