23 + 2.4
15 + 1.5
24 + 2.5
Batrider is a ranged intelligence hero who excels in lane control and harassing enemies, especially in the early phase of the game. Usually Batrider is played as a heavy support, items are not needed to utilise his abilties. Batrider is a mobile burst damage raider, capable of dealing enormous amounts of damage on stacks, at a risky close range. Before moving in for the kill, the Batrider hinders his targets with Sticky Napalm, a stacking debuff ability that slows his enemies and amplifies the damage taken from Batrider himself, be it with attacks, spells, or items. When his enemies are greatly crippled, he is ready to attack. With Flamebreak, he launches an explosive cocktail which damages and knocks back enemies in a targeted area. Then, the Batrider activates his Firefly ability, allowing the Batrider to fly high in the sky, creating a burning trail of liquid fire, scorching enemies who dare to go in his path, while giving him the ability to cross and phase through impassable grounds. With Sticky Napalm stacked, he is capable of amplifying and inflicting massive damage quickly, burning them with Flamebreak and Firefly. The Batrider then uses his ultimate, Flaming Lasso, which catches a target with a lasso, shackling and pulling them to his Firefly trail or to the clutches of his merciless allies. When these spells are used altogether, the Batrider is a dangerous enemy that enemies should be aware of, risking his own safety, but enough to cause fiery chaos and mass destruction.
| Play "It's not the bat you gotta worry about. She eats fruit."
|| Initiator / Disabler / Nuker / Escape
|| There is no such thing as harmony among the creatures of the Yama Raskav Jungle. By bite, or claw, or pincer, or hoof, even the slightest sign of weakness means a swift death. They say the Rider was just a lad cutting chaff in his family's field when he was taken, swept up by a massive morde-bat looking for take-out. But this boy had a better idea, and wriggled his way from his captor's grip, onto the beast's back, and hacked it down with his tools. Emerging from the bloody wreckage and intoxicated by the thrill of flight, the boy realized he'd found his calling. The boy grew, and every summer he'd return to his family's field, often setting out into the bush seeking to reclaim that first thrill of facing death in the form of jaws or a fatal fall. The years went on, but his fire only grew stronger. He studied the overgrowth, plunging deeper with each expedition, until finally he found his way to the caves at the heart of hostility. They say the Rider, on the eve of a scorching summer night, had nothing but a rope, a bottle of liquid courage and a burning determination to feel the skies once more, when he plunged inside....
|| Dave Fennoy (Responses)
Batrider excels in his lane in the early game, and plays as a highly mobile, damage dealing Hero. His Sticky Napalm slows targets and increases his damage against them, and can stack up to 10 times. Once properly coated, Batrider can stun a target and leave them open with his Flamebreak, which stuns, knocks back, and deals high damage. He can use this to clear out more dangerous enemies, and stun targets while he moves in for the kill. His last two abilities, Firefly and Flaming Lasso work best together. Firefly allows him to move over any terrain, leaving a trail of fire behind him that burns enemies and destroys trees. Flaming Lasso pulls the target enemy behind him and into his allies. When used together, it allows him to pull an enemy into his fire, igniting them, and dealing significant damage.
Batrider's lane dominance comes from his Sticky Napalm, which makes last hitting a cinch, and Flamebreak, which knocks enemy Heroes away from the creep wave. He can also harass easily, by stacking Sticky Napalm on a target and either stunning them with Flamebreak, flying over them with Firefly, or by doing both to deal massive damage. His high attribute gains make him very dangerous, as he can not only tank a lot of damage, but also output a lot with his large Mana supply. Batrider can also gank very easily, able to appear from anywhere with his Firefly ability, stun an enemy with Flamebreak, and then immediately grab them with Flaming Lasso. In teamfights, he can also very easily isolate an enemy and remove them temporarily, while still dealing tons of damage to the enemy team by flying past with Firefly. He is not very item-dependent, only requiring a blink dagger to be effective, though greatly benefits from items that provide health and mana for him to deal significant damage to enemy units who are amplified by Sticky Napalm, cast his spells long enough, and for him to function as a potent semi-carry with his spells.
- The Flamebreak travels at a speed of 900 and travels until reaching the targeted point.
- The knockback is not a set distance. The knockback pushes every enemy so they are 400 range away from the center of the targeted area. So the minimum knockback distance is 25.
- The knockback duration is always same, so the speed varies between 100 (25 knockback distance) and 1600 (400 knockback distance).
- Can push units over impassable terrain. Any tree a knocked back unit collides with gets destroyed.
- The damage is applied in the targeted area upon projectile impact.
- Damages Roshan, but does not knock him back.
- Temporarily turns Batrider into a flying unit, allowing him to fly over impassable terrain, units and buildings and have flying vision.
- The entire spell effect lasts 18 seconds, meaning when the duration ends, the entire flame trail disappears as well.
- Damage is dealt to every enemy unit which comes within 200 radius of the fire trail.
- Deals 10/20/30/40 damage in 0.4-0.6 second intervals, starting 0.1 second after cast, resulting in 37 damage instances.
- Can deal up to 370/740/1110/1480 damage (before reductions) to a single unit when it stays in range for the full duration.
- During Firefly, every tree within 100 radius of Batrider is destroyed.
- The fire trails from successive casts fully stack. Each cast creates its own fire trail.
- When Batrider dies during Firefly, the fire trail still stays for the remaining duration.
- Batrider can effectively jungle early with a few points put into firefly and sticky napalm. Make sure to stack the camps to maximize income!
- Remember that Batrider has only 1200 day vision while most other heroes have 1800, keep this in mid when ganking.
- During the mid-game, remember to go for ganks with smoke, often times only one other hero is needed to secure kills.
- Use firefly to approach enemies from angles they would not expect you, or to hide in the trees and wait for an opportunity to arise.
- Mask of Madness, although risky, can be used to increases your speed and drag your opponents even further. Just make sure it's a safe pick up for that game!
- Batrider should center around movement speed and positioning items to get the most out of his ultimate.
- Batrider can dominate the middle lane thanks to sticky napalm, and even be able to go for kills with firefly and a few stacks of napalm on the enemy midlaner.
- Batrider can also be a viable solo offlaner thanks to flying movement firefly gives, allowing for a somewhat reliable escape from bad situations.
- Batrider is occasionally referred to as "Batman" in game, mostly due to the recent popularity of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy starring Christian Bale and Gary Oldman.
- Batrider's real name in DotA was Jin'zakk.
- After killing Faceless Void, Batrider says Play "Hey Void! Have you seen Bat to the Future?", which is a refrence to the film "Back to The Future"
June 14, 2013 Patch
- Fixed Flamebreak being a constant 300 knockback distance instead of a variable amount (10->400) based on the distance from the center of the blast.
June 05, 2013 Patch
February 07, 2013 Patch
- Sticky Napalm:
- Fixed being applied to Magic Immune units.
- Fixed being removed by Magic Immunity.
- Fixed some ability Backswing timing issues ( Kunkka, Clockwerk, Timbersaw, Meepo, Pudge, Spirit Breaker, Sand King, Riki, Nyx Assassin, Lion, Pugna, Shadow Demon, Batrider).
October 25, 2012 Patch
- Updated vision values on these abilities: Unstable Concoction, Phantasm, Waveform, Storm Hammer, Mirror Image, Spirit Lance, Requiem of Souls, Spectral Dagger, [ Venomous Gale, Earthbind, Dream Coil, Shackleshot, Wall of Replica, Flamebreak, Deafening Blast, Ghostship.
July 26, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated Batrider's textures.
June 20, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Batrider and Outworld Devourer having 1 too little armor.
May 17, 2012 Patch
- Fixed bug with refreshing old stacks of Napalm after upgrading the ability.
May 10, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Flamebreak to not trigger Sphere.
April 13, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Batrider being stuck on a unit if Firefly ends on top of another unit
April 12, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Firefly destroying trees in a bigger aoe than intended.
- Fixed Flamebreak hitting magic immune units (6.74b change).
March 22, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Flamebreak not having an aoe targeting cursor.
March 08, 2012 Patch
- Fixed being unable to easily pull units over cliffs with Flaming Lasso.
- Fixed timing of Firefly damage ticks.
- Fixed rounding error with Firefly damage ticks.
February 16, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Flamming Lasso being interrupted by an enemy Force Staff.
- Fixed turn rate.
- Fixed Firefly having a cast time.
- Added stack counter effect for your team when using Sticky Napalm.
January 26, 2012 Patch
January 20, 2012 Patch
December 01, 2011 Patch
- Fixed level 4 Sticky Napalm making turn rate faster rather than slower.
- Fixed Flamebreak being able to knock Roshan out of his area.
November 03, 2011 Patch
- Fixed Firefly being purgable.
- Fixed Sticky Napalm working on ancients.
- Fixed Sticky Napalm not temporarily revealing the area.
- Fixed Flaming Lasso not ending when Batrider dies.
- Enabled Huskar, Batrider and Jakiro for Captain's Mode.
October 27, 2011 Patch
- Added Batrider!
October 13, 2011 Patch
- Batrider now plays an animation when he starts Fireflying.
- Attack animation time improved from 0.5 to 0.3.
- Base damage reduced from 48-52 to 38-42.
- Vision reduced from 1400 to 1200.
- Flaming Lasso cast range reduced from 175 to 100.
- Flamebreak cooldown increased from 11 seconds to 14.
- Vision decreased from 1800/800 to 1400/800.
- Flamebreak manacost increased from 80/100/120/140 to 140.
- Strength gain decreased from 2.7 to 2.4.
- Cast animation time decreased from 0.3 to 0.2.
- Strength growth increased from 2.0 to 2.7.
- Turn rate improved from 0.4 to 1.0.
- Firefly duration increased from 15 to 18 seconds.
- Firefly damage trail no longer instantly disappears when Batrider dies.
- Flamebreak is now a targeted AoE spell. It no longer explodes on the first unit in a path. It travels towards the targeted destination and does its effect there. Projectile speed 900 (instead of 750).