|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Fortune's End can leave Batrider stationary after he uses Flaming Lasso.
- Fortune's End will also dispel any amount of Sticky Napalm that Batrider applies to a target. If he is thinking about diving someone because they have many stacks of Napalm, he might be in for a bad surprise.
- Fate's Edict when used on a Lasso'd target will leave them immune to magical damage, making it difficult to burst them quickly before the Lasso ends.
- False Promise can purge Flaming Lasso.
- Kraken Shell can purge Flaming Lasso.
- If Batrider drags Tidehunter back towards his team, it can set the Tidehunter up for a well placed Ravage.
- Nyx can walk into Firefly and use Spiked Carapace to stun Batrider, even if Batrider is initiating on a different hero.
- Nether Swap breaks Flaming Lasso when used on the target of the Lasso.
- Vengeful Spirit can disable Batrider's Blink Dagger before a fight with Wave of Terror.
- Enrage can purge Flaming Lasso if he purchases an Aghanim's Scepter, or he can activate it just before the Lasso comes out to negate the damage he would have taken during Lasso.
- Unstable Current makes it difficult to drag him far from his original position with Flaming Lasso.
- If Razor manages to use Eye of the Storm or Static Link on Batrider before being Lasso'd, they will still be effective.
- Slark can easily purge Flaming Lasso if Dark Pact is used in anticipation, but a Blink initiation from fog can catch the Slark off guard. Slark can also take off any Sticky Napalm stacks with Dark Pact in lane.
- Shadow Demon, Outworld Devourer, Phoenix with Aghanim's Scepter, and Lifestealer with Aghanim's Scepter can all save a Lasso'd teammate with their defensive spells.
- Death Prophet is a terrible Flaming Lasso target if Exorcism has already been used, since it can still damage Batrider and his teammates, but if Batrider manages to Lasso her before that, it can lead to Death Prophet being quickly burst down.
- Linken's Sphere will block Flaming Lasso, forcing Batrider to waste an item like Force Staff or Eul's Scepter of Divinity on the target just to use Lasso.
- Lotus Orb will cause Batrider to also Lasso himself, preventing him from dragging the enemy away.
- Magic Stick and Magic Wand will accumulate charges very quickly against a Batrider spamming Sticky Napalm in lane.
- Blade Mail can reflects damage from Firefly, even if the heroes who carry them are not target for Flaming Lasso.
Good against...Templar Assassin
- Using Sticky Napalm with Firefly quickly removes Templar Assassin's Refraction and can hit her during Meld.
- Sticky Napalm slows Chen and amplifies Batrider's damage.
- Flamebreak and Firefly can deal heavy damage to Chen and his creeps.
- Flaming Lasso pulls Chen away from his creeps, often to certain death.
- Poor Meepo players will suffer from the AoE burn of Firefly.
- Flaming Lasso is the perfect tool to isolate a single Meepo and focus him.
- Firefly will cut trees with ease, cleaning-up an area that's been enchanted with Eyes In The Forest, and potentially revealing a Treant under the effects of Nature's Guise.
- Batrider's DoT spells are also good versus Living Armor
- As long is Batrider under effects of Firefly, he can safely fly over mines.
- Firefly destroys trees, so a good blink can turn Monkey King's escape into a free four second stun.
- Flaming Lasso is one of the strongest initiation spells in the game, when in the right hands. Thus, Batrider has always been a part of competitive Dota, and he is always good against a target caught with his pants down.
- Batrider often hides in the trees to initiate on a target. As such, he has a slight edge against heroes that have no scouting tools and cannot see him coming, such as Lion or Sven.
- For the same reason, he has to be slightly more cunning when playing against heroes that can scout the treeline, such as Ancient Apparition and his Ice Vortex and Shadow Demon and his Shadow Poison.
Works well with...Ursa
- Ursa usually buys a Blink Dagger which should allow him to follow on Batrider's jumps.
- Ursa deals high amount of burst damage through Overpower and Enrage, which could be your best bet to kill a target during Lasso's duration.
- Batrider's Lasso is a prefect disable for a long-duration Life Drain, especially since Pugna doesn't mind Batrider being between him and his target, so long as he drags him close enough to Pugna.
- Pugna can amplify magical damage with Decrepify.
- Lasso can be a good setup for a full-duration Mystic Flare.
- Skywrath Mage can amplify magical damage with Ancient Seal.
- Although hard to execute, Pudge can drag Batrider and his Lasso target back to your team with his Meat Hook.
- Easier to execute, Pudge can further lock down a target with Dismember.
Batrider is usually a team's main initiator and pick-off tool through Flaming Lasso. Therefore Batrider will work well with any teammate that reacts to his initiation, either with high burst damage to kill the target during Lasso, or with extra lockdown after the Lasso expires. Finally, Batrider's damage is only magical so any hero that will reduce a target's magical resistance will increase Batrider's damage output.