Batrider is a ranged intelligence hero who excels in lane control and harassing enemies, especially in the early phase of the game. Batrider is a mobile burst damage raider, capable of dealing enormous amounts of damage on stacks, at a risky close range. Before moving in for the kill, the Batrider hinders his targets with Sticky Napalm, a stacking debuff skill that slows his enemies and amplifies the damage taken from Batrider himself, be it with attacks, spells, or items. When his enemies are greatly crippled, he is ready to attack. With Flamebreak, he launches an explosive cocktail which damages and knocks back enemies in a targeted area. Then, the Batrider activates his Firefly ability, allowing the Batrider to fly high in the sky, creating a burning trail of liquid fire, scorching enemies who dare to go in his path, while giving him the ability to cross and phase through impassable grounds. With Sticky Napalm stacked, he is capable of amplifying and inflicting massive damage quickly, burning them with Flamebreak and Firefly. The Batrider then uses his ultimate, Flaming Lasso, which catches a target with a lasso, shackling and pulling them to his Firefly trail or to the clutches of his merciless allies. When these spells are used altogether, the Batrider is a dangerous enemy that enemies should be aware of, risking his own safety, but enough to cause fiery chaos and mass destruction.
Batrider excels in his lane in the early game, and plays as a highly mobile, damage dealing Hero. His Sticky Napalm slows targets and increases his damage against them, and can stack up to 10 times. Once properly coated, Batrider can stun a target and leave them open with his Flamebreak, which stuns, knocks back, and deals high damage. He can use this to clear out more dangerous enemies, and stun targets while he moves in for the kill. His last two abilities, Firefly and Flaming Lasso work best together. Firefly allows him to move over any terrain, leaving a trail of fire behind him that burns enemies and destroys trees. Flaming Lasso pulls the target enemy behind him and into his allies. When used together, it allows him to pull an enemy into his fire, igniting them, and dealing significant damage.
Batrider's lane dominance comes from his Sticky Napalm, which makes last hitting a cinch, and Flamebreak, which knocks enemy Heroes away from the creep wave. He can also harass easily, by stacking Sticky Napalm on a target and either stunning them with Flamebreak, flying over them with Firefly, or by doing both to deal massive damage. His stat gains make him very dangerous, as he can not only tank a lot of damage, but also output a lot with his large Mana supply. Batrider can also gank very easily, able to appear from anywhere with his Firefly skill, stun an enemy with Flamebreak, and then immediately grab them with Flaming Lasso. In teamfights, he can also very easily isolate an enemy and remove them temporarily, while still dealing tons of damage to the enemy team by flying past with Firefly. He is not very item-dependent, only requiring a blink dagger to be effective, though greatly benefits from items that provide health and mana for him to deal significant damage to enemy units who are amplified by Sticky Napalm, cast his spells long enough, and for him to function as a potent semi-carry with his spells.
 Recommended items
|This article or section may need to be rewritten entirely to comply with Dota 2 Wiki's quality standards.
You can help. The discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason given: Poor organization. Please refer to the style guide.
- Batrider is occasionally referred to as "Batman" in game, mostly due to the recent popularity of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy starring Christian Bale and Gary Oldman.
- With the 6.78 patch, Batrider is the only hero who has less than 1800 sight range during both day and night. This means that Batrider should be careful when on his own, since enemy heroes will see him before he sees them.
- The exception of course being when Batrider is using Firefly, which grants him unobstructed vision, allowing him to spot heroes otherwise hidden by altitude or obstacles being in the way.
- Batrider is the only hero who was chosen or banned in every match of the International 2013 competition.
- Batrider's real name in DotA was Jin'zakk.
 Update history
- Fixed Flamebreak being a constant 300 knockback distance instead of a variable amount (10->400) based on the distance from the center of the blast.
- Sticky Napalm:
- Fixed being applied to Magic Immune units.
- Fixed being removed by Magic Immunity.
- Fixed some ability Backswing timing issues ( Kunkka, Clockwerk, Timbersaw, Meepo, Pudge, Spirit Breaker, Sand King, Riki, Nyx Assassin, Lion, Pugna, Shadow Demon, Batrider).
- Updated vision values on these abilities: Unstable Concoction, Phantasm, Waveform, Storm Hammer, Mirror Image, Spirit Lance, Requiem of Souls, Spectral Dagger, Venomous Gale, Earthbind, Dream Coil, Shackleshot, Wall of Replica, Flamebreak, Deafening Blast, Ghost Ship.
- [Undocumented] Updated Batrider's textures.
- Fixed Batrider and Outworld Devourer having 1 too little armor.
- Fixed bug with refreshing old stacks of Napalm after upgrading the ability.
- Fixed Flamebreak to not trigger Sphere.
- Fixed Batrider being stuck on a unit if Firefly ends on top of another unit
- Fixed Firefly destroying trees in a bigger aoe than intended.
- Fixed Flamebreak hitting magic immune units (6.74b change).
- Fixed Flamebreak not having an aoe targeting cursor.
- Fixed being unable to easily pull units over cliffs with Flaming Lasso.
- Fixed timing of Firefly damage ticks.
- Fixed rounding error with Firefly damage ticks.
- Fixed Flamming Lasso being interrupted by an enemy Force Staff.
- Fixed turn rate.
- Fixed Firefly having a cast time.
- Added stack counter effect for your team when using Sticky Napalm.
- Fixed Sticky Napalm triggering off of Orb of Venom.
- Fixed Sticky Napalm triggering off of Orb of Venom.
- Fixed level 4 Sticky Napalm making turn rate faster rather than slower.
- Fixed Flamebreak being able to knock Roshan out of his area.
- Fixed Firefly being purgable.
- Fixed Sticky Napalm working on ancients.
- Fixed Sticky Napalm not temporarily revealing the area.
- Fixed Flaming Lasso not ending when Batrider dies.
- Enabled Huskar, Batrider and Jakiro for Captain's Mode.
- Batrider now plays an animation when he starts Fireflying.
 Balance changelog
- Base damage reduced from 48-52 to 38-42.
- Vision reduced from 1400 to 1200.
- Flaming Lasso cast range reduced from 175 to 100.
- Flamebreak cooldown increased from 11 seconds to 14.
- Vision decreased from 1800/800 to 1400/800.
- Flamebreak manacost increased from 80/100/120/140 to 140.
- Batrider can no longer attack while using Flaming Lasso.
- Strength gain decreased from 2.7 to 2.4.
- Cast animation time decreased from 0.3 to 0.2.
- Strength growth increased from 2.0 to 2.7.
- Turn rate improved from 0.4 to 1.0.
- Firefly duration increased from 15 to 18 seconds.
- Firefly damage trail no longer instantly disappears when Batrider dies.
- Flamebreak is now a targeted AoE spell. It no longer explodes on the first unit in a path. It travels towards the targeted destination and does its effect there. Projectile speed 900 (instead of 750).
- Armor reduced by 1.
 See also