Attributes are the main statistics of all heroes that independently determine most scaling statistics. These attributes are strength, agility, and intelligence. Attributes are gained when a hero levels up, obtains a talent, buys certain items, or uses certain abilities.
Primary attribute[edit | edit source]
Every hero has a primary attribute, which controls his or her attack damage. Every point in their primary attribute adds 1 point of damage to their attacks, and any bonus to a hero's primary attribute will affect that hero's attack damage. Usually, a hero's primary attribute will determine how he or she is played. For example, intelligence heroes are typically more dependent on abilities. A hero's primary attribute typically grows faster than the other two attributes.
Strength[edit | edit source]
Strength is a measure of a hero's toughness and endurance. Strength determines a hero's maximum health and health regeneration. Heroes with strength as their primary attribute can be hard to kill, so they will often take initiator and tank roles, initiating fights and taking most of the damage from enemy attacks.
- Every point in strength increases maximum health by 20.
- Every point in strength increases health regeneration by 0.03 HP per second.
- If strength is a hero's primary attribute, every point in strength increases his or her attack damage by 1.
Agility[edit | edit source]
Agility is a measure of a hero's swiftness and dexterity. Agility determines a hero's armor and attack speed. Heroes with agility as their primary attribute tend to be more dependent on their auto-attacks and items, and are usually capable of falling back on their abilities in a pinch. Agility heroes often take carry and Gank roles.
- Every point in agility increases a hero's armor by 1/7.
- Every point in agility increases a hero's attack speed by 1.
- If agility is a hero's primary attribute, every point in agility increases his or her attack damage by 1.
Intelligence[edit | edit source]
Intelligence is a measure of a hero's wit and wisdom. Intelligence determines a hero's maximum mana, mana regeneration and spell damage. Heroes with intelligence as their primary attribute tend to rely on their abilities to deal damage or help others. Intelligence heroes often take support, gank, and pusher roles.
- Every point in intelligence increases a hero's maximum Mana by 12.
- Every point in intelligence increases a hero's mana regeneration by 0.04 mana per second.
- Every point in intelligence increases a hero's spell damage by 0.0625%.
- If intelligence is a hero's primary attribute, every point in intelligence increases his or her attack damage by 1.
Attribute Bonus[edit | edit source]
Items improving attributes[edit | edit source]
Each attribute has its own set of items that focus on boosting it. These items are different for each attribute. In order to categorize them, they're split into 5 different sections:
- Simple Items boost their associated attribute by 3. These items can be built into their Upgrade Item, and are usually taken as starting items to make up for gaps in a hero's statistics. The Iron Branch costs 50 gold while the other 3 cost 150 gold.
- Upgrade Items boost their associated attribute by 6, the other two attributes by 3, and increase damage by 3. They are made by combining an attribute's Simple Item, a Circlet, and a recipe. They're generally taken if a hero is having difficulty reaching their core items. Their costs differ between attributes.
- Medium Items boost their associated attribute by 6. Though generally not taken to increase attributes, these items can all be combined with Boots of Speed and Gloves of Haste in order to build Power Treads. They cost 450 gold.
- Large Items boost their associated attribute by 10. These items are usually components in more powerful items, and all combined with Point Booster are used to make Aghanim's Scepter. They cost 1000 gold.
- Ultimate Items boost their associated attribute by 25. These are mostly used to make late game items because of how expensive they are. Their costs differ between attributes, but are between 2700 and 3200 gold.
|All Attributes|| Iron Branch
+1 All Attributes
| Magic Wand
+4 All Attributes
+2 All Attributes
| Ghost Scepter
+5 All Attributes
| Ultimate Orb
+10 All Attributes
|Strength|| Gauntlets of Strength
| Belt of Strength
| Ogre Club
|Agility|| Slippers of Agility
| Wraith Band
| Band of Elvenskin
| Blade of Alacrity
|Intelligence|| Mantle of Intelligence
| Null Talisman
| Robe of the Magi
| Staff of Wizardry
| Mystic Staff
Abilities and items modifying attributes[edit | edit source]
- Attribute Modification: +25 Strength
- Bonus Attributes: +3/4/5/6 Agility
Attribute Modification: +2/4/6/8 Agility, -2/4/6/8 Strength per second
Bonus is gained from leveling the ability.
- Bonus Attributes: +3/4/5/6 Strength
Attribute Modification: +2/4/6/8 Strength, -2/4/6/8 Agility per second
Bonus is gained from leveling the ability.
- Attribute Modification: ±1/2/3/4 Intelligence per stack
Intelligence is removed from the target and added to Outworld Devourer.
- Attribute Modification: +6/12/18/24 Agility
Grants Phantom Lancer agility upon successfully attacking the rush target.
- Attribute Modification: +9 Strength/Agility/Intelligence
Switches the attribute bonus between Strength, Agility, and Intelligence.
- Attribute Modification: +1/1.5/2/2.5 Strength per stack
One stack is applied every time an enemy hero dies in a 450 AoE or is killed by Pudge. Stacks are applied retroactively.
- Attribute Modification: ±1 Intelligence per stack
Two stacks are permanently applied every time an enemy hero dies in a 925 AoE or is killed by Silencer. Intelligence is added to Silencer and removed from dying heroes.
- Attribute Modification: -1 All / +3 Agility per stack
One stack is applied every time Slark attacks an enemy hero. Each stack reduces the attributes of enemies and adds Agility to Slark.
Abilities modified by attributes[edit | edit source]
- Return Damage: 16/18/20/22 + 30%/45%/60%/75% Strength
- Damage: 1/2/3 × Strength
- Damage: 75 + 2 x Primary attribute
- Health Regen above Threshold: 10 + 5%/10%/15%/20% Primary attribute
Health Regen below Threshold: 10 + 20%/40%/60%/80% Primary attribute
Modified by target hero's primary attribute. If the target is below the 35% of max health threshold, the health regeneration is boosted.
- Stun Duration: 0.25 to 1.25/2.25/3.25/4.25
Damage: 100 + (0.25 to 0.5/1/1.5/2) x Agility
If Strength is 50% higher than Agility, does minimum damage but maximum stun. If Agility is 50% higher than Strength, does minimum stun and maximum damage.
- Damage and Mana Burn: 3.5/4/4.5/5 × Intelligence
Modified by target hero's Intelligence.
- Damage: 8/9/10 × Intelligence Difference
If the target's Intelligence is greater than Outworld Devourer's, the spell has no effect.
- Damage and Self Heal: 60/90/120 + 30%/45%/60% Strength
- Damage: 50%/75%/100%/125% Agility
- Damage: 30%/50%/70%/90% Intelligence
- Damage: 60/80/100/120 + 1.6 × Intelligence
- Illusions benefit from attributes.
See also[edit | edit source]