Armlet of Mordiggian
|Armlet of Mordiggian|
|Weapon of choice among brutes, the bearer sacrifices his life energy to gain immense strength and power.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +7 HP regeneration|
+25 Attack speed
Additional Information[edit | edit source]
Heroes can buy multiple Armlets, but the active effect does not stack.
One Armlet of Mordiggian grants the following
- While toggled off, grants a total of 7 health regeneration, 5 armor, 25 attack speed and 9 attack damage.
- While toggled on, grants a total of 475 health, 7.75 health regeneration, 5 armor, 25 attack speed and 40 (65 to strength heroes) attack damage.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Armlet toggling[edit | edit source]
By turning on the armlet you will gradually gain 475 hp due to the strength it gives you. You lose the health again when you deactivate it, but you cannot go below 1 hp. This can be used to your advantage. If you are below 475 hp, you will lose all but 1 health. When you activate it again (as quickly as possible, so the enemy won't have time to kill you when you're at 1 hp) you will end up with 475 hp, more than what you had before. This can make you survive much longer assuming sufficient burst damage is not received.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Armlet of Mordiggian as a core item: Alchemist, Chaos Knight, Huskar, Legion Commander, Lifestealer, Slardar, Wraith King.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Armlet of Mordiggian as a situational item: Dragon Knight, Night Stalker, Spirit Breaker.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This item is very good with lifesteal, and if your damage output is high enough it will negate the HP loss, depending on the amount of lifesteal you have.
- The Heart of Tarrasque's passive regen vastly overturns the HP loss, allowing you to have the Armlet constantly active. However, the Heart will be disabled for a period of time if you get hit by a hero or Roshan.
- The Armlet is a very cost-effective item to build, especially on strength heroes that will naturally benefit most from its effects. It is also useful on heroes with illusions or abilities that increase their base damage (like Sven's ultimate).
- Lone Druid's Spirit Bear is normally affected by the HP drain, but does not benefit from the strength bonus.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Armlet of Mordiggian is named after Mordiggian, a deity in the Cthulhu Mythos created by Clark Ashton Smith in his story The Charnel God (1934), whose powers consist of sucking away life force and whose cult consists entirely of ghouls.
Update History[edit | edit source]
Balance changelog[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]