Armlet of Mordiggian
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Armlet of Mordiggian|
|Weapon of choice among brutes, the bearer sacrifices his life energy to gain immense strength and power.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Attack damage, attack speed, armor and health regeneration bonuses of multiple Armlets of Mordiggian do not stack.
- One Armlet of Mordiggian grants the following:
Ability[edit | edit source]
Attack Damage Bonus: 31
Strength Bonus: 25
Armor Bonus: 4
Health Cost per Second: 45
Illusions do not benefit from the attack damage and armor and do not lose health per second. Illusions gain the strength over 0.6 seconds and copy the original's current health, resulting in them having 500 current health more than the hero if it was not at full health as the illusion was created.
Item Armlet Unholy Strength: Undispellable.
- Does not interrupt the owner's channeling spells upon toggling.
- Upon toggling on, it instantly provides the attack damage and starts draining 5 health in 0.11 second intervals.
- Grants 4.17 strength in 0.1 second intervals, so it needs 0.6 seconds to grant the full strength bonus.
- The armor is granted after the 0.6 seconds, and not instantly.
- Grants a total of 500 health (475 when considering the health drain) and 0.75 health regeneration.
- Health drain cannot bring the owner's health below 1. Does not toggle itself off when reaching 1 health.
- Considering the passive health regen and the regen gained from the strength, it effectively costs 37.25 health per second.
- When toggling off, all bonuses are instantly lost. However, it cannot bring the user below 1 health.
- Unholy Strength does not persist through the user's death. If it was active upon death, the user respawns with it deactivated.
- Multiple instances of Unholy Strength do not stack.
- If multiple Armlets are toggled on, turning off any Armlet removes the Unholy Strength buff.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]Huskar
- Inner Vitality helps with negating the health drain from the Armlet, and Berserker's Blood greatly synergizes with the item, with the health drain helping keep Huskar's health at a low level, giving him high magic resistance and a great amount of attack speed.
- Lifestealer is a durable hero with a great way of keeping himself topped off on health thanks to Feast and Open Wounds, meaning that he is not bothered by the health loss of the item, as well as receiving stats that are needed, such as extra armor, damage and attack speed.
- Slardar is a durable strength hero, meaning that he will not have the hardest time negating the health cost of the Armlet, and it increases the damage dealt by Bash of the Deep through the added attackspeed.
- Armlet provides a lot of damage at the cost of draining your own health, however Vampiric Aura easily negates the health drain effect making it a great item of him.
- As a durable hero with the ability to lifesteal thanks to Chaos Strike and with Armlet's bonus health when activated transferred to illussions summoned by Phantasm, Armlet of Mordiggian is one of the best item choices for the hero.
- Both Press the Attack and Moment of Courage provide Legion Commander with a great amount of health regeneration, making her incredibly sustainable and a great carrier of the item.
- Chemical Rage negates the health draining effect from the Armlet of Mordiggian, and the extra maximum health as well as the damage bonus are not bad attributes for him.
- With the health regeneration from Dragon Blood, Dragon Knight will have no problem with activating Armlet for prolonged periods of time.
- Very situational, the attack speed from Armlet of Mordiggian helps with applying Greater Bash. It buffs him with added HP, Regeneration and Armor for a fight he would not otherwise survive for the low cost of the Armlet.
- Reasons needed
- Reasons needed
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Armlet is the most cost-effective item to build, especially on strength heroes that benefit most from its DPS increase. It is also useful on heroes with illusions or abilities that increase their base damage (like Sven's ultimate).
- When toggled on, Armlet increases maximum and current health by 500. This means when not at full health, it can effectively work as a temporary heal. However, it also has the opposite effect when toggling off, instantly reducing the hero's health by 500 (but not below 1). When toggled properly, this allows heroes at low health to survive and turn fights.
- This item is very good with lifesteal, and if the user's damage output is high enough it can negate the health loss, depending on the amount of lifesteal the user has.
- The Heart of Tarrasque's passive regen vastly overturns the health loss, allowing to have the Armlet constantly active, as long as the heart does not get disabled. The health loss of Armlet does not disable the regeneration of Heart of Tarrasque either, since it is considered HP Removal.
- Lone Druid's Spirit Bear is normally affected by the health drain, but does not benefit from the strength bonus.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Armlet of Mordiggian is named after Mordiggian, a deity in the Cthulhu Mythos created by Clark Ashton Smith in his story The Charnel God (1934), whose powers consist of sucking away life force and whose cult consists entirely of ghouls.
Gallery[edit | edit source]