Armlet of Mordiggian
From Dota 2 Wiki
|Armlet of Mordiggian|
|Weapon of choice among brutes, the bearer sacrifices his life energy to gain immense strength and power.|
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Attack damage, attack speed, armor and health regeneration bonuses of multiple Armlets of Mordiggian do not stack.
- One Armlet of Mordiggian grants the following:
Ability[edit | edit source]
|When active, Unholy Strength grants +31 damage and +25 strength, but drains 40 health per second. You cannot die from the health drain when Unholy Strength is activated, nor from the strength loss when Unholy Strength is deactivated.|
|Attack Damage Bonus: 31|
Strength Bonus: 25
Armor Bonus: 5
Health Cost per Second: 40
- Does not interrupt the owner's channeling spells upon toggling.
- Upon toggling on, it instantly provides the attack damage and starts draining 4 health in 0.1 second intervals.
- Grants 4.17 strength in 0.1 second intervals, so it needs 0.6 seconds to grant the full strength bonus.
- The armor is granted after the 0.6 seconds, and not instantly.
- Grants a total of 500 health (476 when considering the health drain) and 0.75 health regeneration.
- Health drain cannot bring the owner's health below 1. Does not toggle itself off when reaching 1 health.
- Considering the passive health regen and the regen gained from the strength, the health cost is effectively reduced to 32.25 per second.
- When toggling off, all bonuses are instantly lost. However, it cannot bring the user below 1 health.
- Unholy Strength does not persist through the user's death. If it was active upon death, the user respawns with it deactivated.
- Multiple instances of Unholy Strength do not stack.
- If multiple Armlets are toggled on, turning off any Armlet removes the Unholy Strength buff.
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Heroes whose default item build includes Armlet of Mordiggian as a core item: Alchemist, Chaos Knight, Huskar, Legion Commander, Lifestealer, Slardar, Wraith King.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Armlet of Mordiggian as a situational item: Dragon Knight, Night Stalker, Spirit Breaker.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When toggled on, Armlet increases maximum and current health by 500. This means when not at full health, it can effectively work as a temporary heal. However, it also has the opposite effect when toggling off, instantly reducing the hero's health by 500 (but not below 1). When toggled properly, this allows heroes at low health to survive and turn fights.
- This item is very good with lifesteal, and if the user's damage output is high enough it can negate the health loss, depending on the amount of lifesteal the user has.
- The Heart of Tarrasque's passive regen vastly overturns the health loss, allowing to have the Armlet constantly active, as long as the heart does not get disabled. The health loss of Armlet also does not disable the regeneration of Heart of Tarrasque, since it is considered HP Removal.
- The Armlet is a very cost-effective item to build, especially on strength heroes that naturally benefit most from its effects. It is also useful on heroes with illusions or abilities that increase their base damage (like Sven's ultimate).
- Lone Druid's Spirit Bear is normally affected by the health drain, but does not benefit from the strength bonus.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Armlet of Mordiggian is named after Mordiggian, a deity in the Cthulhu Mythos created by Clark Ashton Smith in his story The Charnel God (1934), whose powers consist of sucking away life force and whose cult consists entirely of ghouls.
Gallery[edit | edit source]