Armlet of Mordiggian
|Armlet of Mordiggian|
|Weapon of choice among brutes, the bearer sacrifices his life energy to gain immense strength and power.|
| Bought From|
|Bonus|| +7 HP regeneration|
+15 Attack speed
 Additional Information
Heroes can buy multiple Armlets, but the active effect does not stack.
 Armlet toggling
By turning on the armlet you will gradually gain 475 hp due to the strength it gives you. You lose the health again when you deactivate it, but you cannot go below 1 hp. This can be used to your advantage. If you are below 475 hp, you will lose all but 1 health. When you activate it again (as quickly as possible, so the enemy won't have time to kill you when you're at 1 hp) you will end up with 475 hp, more than what you had before. This can make you survive much longer assuming sufficient burst damage is not received.
 Recommended heroes
- Heroes whose default item build includes Armlet of Mordiggian as a core item: Alchemist, Chaos Knight, Huskar, Legion Commander, Lifestealer, Wraith King.
- Heroes whose default item build includes Armlet of Mordiggian as a situational item: Dragon Knight, Night Stalker, Slardar, Spirit Breaker.
- This item is very good with lifesteal, because when activated together your damage output with lifesteal will make up for the 40 hp per second loss.
- Armlet of Mordiggian is named after Mordiggian, a deity in the Cthulhu Mythos created by Clark Ashton Smith in his story The Charnel God (1934), whose powers consist of sucking away life force and whose cult consists entirely of ghouls.
- Lone Druid's Spirit Bear is normally affected by the HP drain, and does not benefit from the strength bonus.
 Balance changelog
- Unholy Strength STR gain is provided over 0.7 seconds.
- Unholy Strength has no toggle on or off cooldown.
- HP regen decreased from 8 to 7.
- Unholy Strength cooldown increased from 1 to 2 seconds.
- Armlet HP regeneration increased from 5 to 8.
- Armlet lifedrain increased from 37 to 40.
- Armlet toggle cooldown reduced from 5 to 1 second.
- HP regen and lifedrain increased by 2 (overall +2 regen while inactive, no effective change while active)
- Recipe cost decreased from 900 to 700
- Toggle cooldown from 10 to 5 seconds
- Recipe restored to previous version since there is no more recipe conflict. Requires claw and 900 gold recipe instead of quarter staff and 500 gold recipe
- Armlet recipe now changed to include Quarterstaff instead of Blades of Attack (bonuses and total price unaffected)
- Total cost unchanged (Blades of Attack cost reduced from 650 to 500, Gloves of Haste cost reduced from 550 to 500, and Armlet recipe cost increased by the same amount Blades of Attack and Gloves of Haste were reduced)
- Increased HP loss rate when Armlet is activated