From Dota 2 Wiki
| Arcane Boots|
|Magi equipped with these boots are valued in battle.|
The Arcane Boots are an Item purchasable at the Main Shop, under Support. However, it requires an item from the Secret Shop to be completed. It can also be completed solely with items from the Side Lane Shop.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Movement speed bonuses from multiple pairs of boots do not stack.
- Stacks with all other movement speed bonuses.
Ability[edit | edit source]
Recommended heroes[edit | edit source]
- Support heroes generally need Arcane Boots to supplement their team's mana.
- Some initiator heroes need Arcane Boots so they have enough mana to use their initiation abilities twice with Refresher Orb.
- Some heroes need Arcane Boots to stay mobile by using their abilities more often.
Others[edit | edit source]
- Techies must have Arcane Boots in order to lay as many mines as possible.
- Nyx Assassin often needs extra mana to use his burst damage combo, as Dagon is very mana intensive.
- Zeus' low cooldown nukes expend mana very quickly, and thus Arcane Boots can help him get off a few more abilities.
- Necrophos is not extremely reliant on mana after the early game, but Arcane Boots gives him the most utility for his team, and can be built into Guardian Greaves later for more survivability.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the player drops items which provides a large amount of mana (e.g. Bloodstone or Eye of Skadi), then uses Arcane Boots, and then picks up the dropped items again, the player will overall gain for more than 135 mana. This is because upon dropping the mana granting items, the player's maximum mana drops while the current mana percentage stays the same, but Arcane Boots still gives the full amount. After picking up the items again, its maximum mana raises, and its current mana percentage stays the same.
- Using Replenish Mana every time it is off cooldown is equivalent to 2.45 mana per second, which regenerates the bonus mana in 102 seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 6.68, Arcane Boots was known as Arcane Ring. It required a Ring of Protection and a recipe, instead of Boots of Speed. It had the same active ability, but passively granted armor, instead of movement speed.
Gallery[edit | edit source]