From Dota 2 Wiki
|Hero||Strategy||Counters||Equipment||Gear||Responses||Sounds||Lore||Old Abilities||Changelogs||Known Bugs|
- Blink enables Anti-Mage to escape from Cold Feet with ease, and be only mildly hindered by Ice Vortex.
- Spell Shield minimizes the damage Anti-Mage takes from all of Ancient Apparition's skills.
- Mana Break and thus Mana Void deal a lot of damage to Ancient Apparition as he tends to have a high mana pool.
- Anti-Mage tends to build a Manta Style, which allows to him to purge off Cold Feet.
- Time Lapse allows Weaver to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- Shukuchi completely ignores the slow from Ice Vortex, and should help him escape the freeze range of Cold Feet.
- Sunder allows Terrorblade to regain HP whilst affected by Ice Blast.
- Earth Spike and Finger of Death should be able to kill the Apparition by itself well into the mid-game.
- Silences are very effective against Ancient Apparition, making the Apparition bad against picks like Silencer, Drow Ranger and others.
- Since he is fragile, has no mobility and is vulnerable to silences, Riki might be the greatest threat to the Apparition, as he has an AoE silence, good damage output and a psedo-blink.
- Oracle can save an ally that's about to shatter with both Fate's Edict and False Promise.
- He can also purge off Cold Feet from allies and Chilling Touch from enemies.
- However, Oracle can't purge off the frostbitten effect from allies.
- Orchid Malevolence might be the only real item that counters Ancient Apparition.
- Pipe of Insight and Glimmer Cape both do wonders to reduce the Apparition's damage output. Both can also save an ally that's about to shatter from Ice Blast.
- Black King Bar prevents all damage from the Apparition's spells. The only thing it doesn't stop is the frostbitten debuff.
Good against...Abaddon Alchemist
- Ice Blast nullifies the health regeneration granted by Chemical Rage, which Alchemist greatly relies on in battle
- Shallow Grave prevents Ice Blast's shatter for up to 5 seconds, but can mostly only delay it as Ice Blast lasts 10 seconds (17 seconds with Aghanim's Scepter) and prevents Shadow Wave from healing them.
- Weave doesn't protect the team from Ancient Apparition's damage which is magical only.
- Ice Blast prevents Death Prophet from gaining health from Spirit Siphon and Exorcism.
- The debuff hits Death Prophet even while cycloned by Eul's Scepter of Divinity.
- Ice Vortex lowers her magic resistance and her kiting(keeping away) potential.
- Ice Blast prevents Huskar from healing and negates any lifesteal, making him significantly weaker in battle.
- Ice Vortex helps to lower Huskar's high magic resistance.
- Ice Blast negates lifesteal, making Lifestealer's signature ability useless
- Ice Blast negates all regeneration, healing and lifesteal, making some heroes and heal-strats risky.
- Heroes like Slark, Witch Doctor, Wraith King and others also tend to suffer in Ice Blast's heal deny.
- Heroes that withstand damage, like Timbersaw, Bristleback, Dragon Knight and others will have their durability reduced when hit by an Ice Blast due to the risk of shattering, standing in a tricky situation. Actually, all Heroes will have.
- Ice Blast does not debuff illusions, so it can be used to detect the real hero out of his illusions, since the real hero gets debuffed, while the illusions do not. This does not work against Meepo however, since the clones and the main Meepo are debuffed.
- Ice Blast's ability to nullify health regeneration makes it effective against items that grant high health regen, such as Tranquil Boots, Bloodstone and Heart of Tarrasque.
- Ice Blast's damage per second also disable items like Blink Dagger.
- Ice Blast is devastating against Armlet of Mordiggian as users cannot activate it to gain HP and toggling it off can result in health immediately dropping below shatter threshold. However, keeping the Armlet toggled on is dangerous as the damage over time from the Armlet can bring a hero down to shatter threshold.
Works well with...Meepo
- Chilling Touch applies to Meepo clones, granting a decent amount of bonus magical damage.
- The effects of Chilling Touch apply to Phantom Assassin's Stifling Dagger.
- The slow from the dagger can also help Cold feet to proc, from a long distance.
- Blink Strike will help you make the most out of Chilling Touch.
- Chilling Touch and Overpower last for the same number of hits, allowing Ursa to quickly deal more damage.
- Using Chilling Touch in combination with Overpower negates the attack speed slow
- You can almost always ensuring a stun by casting Cold Feet followed by Disruption.
- Shadow Poison is magic damage which is amplified by Ice Vortex which in turn stacks with Shadow Demon's own amplify damage, Soul Catcher. These spells paired with the Cold Feet + Disruption combination make for an extremely powerful and reliable ganking duo.
- Weaver makes good use of Chilling touch through Geminate Attack.
- Oracle makes good usage of the frostbitten effect, as he can spam Purifying Flames on enemies without healing them.
- Any long-duration disable can make a good setup for a long-distance Ice Blast, such as Legion Commander's Duel or Enigma's ' Black Hole.
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity is usually the Apparition's item of choice to setup Cold Feet. Don't forget to place an Ice Vortex below the target !
- Rod of Atos can serve the same purpose as Eul's, but doesn't provide you with any mobility.
- Dagon can help burst enemies that are frostbitten, and under an Ice Vortex.